Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315839 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)
« Reply #825 on: September 02, 2020, 03:05:35 pm »

Updated the First Trial of the Phoenix RPGMaker game. The update fixes some balance issues and other bugs.

Edit: more balance issues discovered (early game can be screwed by the RNG too easily). Will upload another update soon.

Edit to edit: I'm discovering major plot holes, too. I may have to restart that project from scratch. Oh well. There's still LCS!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.6 released!)
« Reply #826 on: September 04, 2020, 04:46:37 pm »

It's that the prompt for "how many" of that item never appears. It's the prompt that you are supposed to enter a number for. It happens when trying to sell an item you have multiple copies of, and when trying to equip ammo when you have multiple clips.

Can you tell me which screen you get to the equip liberal screen from? I just tested it myself from the main base mode screen and it works perfectly fine, complete with the "how many?" question exactly as depicted in your v.4.12.31 screenshot. I've never seen this bug...

Fresh installation of the windows version of 2.0. Held down E during character creation, went to pawn shop with $57, purchased one crowbar. Single crowbar could be selected for sell individually. Bought second crowbar, stack of two crowbars could not be selected.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 08, 2020, 02:45:33 pm »

is there a version without magic and heros etc like a version without the unrealistic stuff but the cities and other realistic features?
magic stuff is not my stuff you know but i looked at it and the code, very nice and impressive

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 11, 2020, 08:55:40 am »

is there a version without magic and heros etc like a version without the unrealistic stuff but the cities and other realistic features?
magic stuff is not my stuff you know but i looked at it and the code, very nice and impressive

The whole premise of Liberal Crime Squad is highly unrealistic.

As I explained in the opening document, the world of LCS changes depending on the laws, and changes in ways that are beyond what laws can realistically do. The world approaches realism when the laws are moderate, and becomes more and more fantastical the farther laws get from moderate.

This is true even in vanilla LCS; animals can talk when Animal Rights laws are L+. Less blatant, but similar things happen in response to Women's Rights, Nuclear Power, Pollution, etc.

In Terra Vitae, magic and superpowers behave similarly. When the laws are moderate, they don't exist. When the laws are L+, they do, and are used for good. When the laws are C+, they do, and are used for evil.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 11, 2020, 11:20:37 am »

You're probably looking for the base game, I think it had the cities and other stuff.

Plus the lame mutants that don't shoot power balls with their minds, hence my preference for Terra Vitae.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 13, 2020, 04:58:22 am »

But Vanilla has only 4 cities including Washington

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 13, 2020, 10:09:46 am »

But Vanilla has only 4 cities including Washington

Vanilla has only four cities; this is correct.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 03, 2020, 10:27:09 pm »

Progress is happening on version 2.1. The new feature is an offendable faction called the Murderers: these are loosley-organized armed citizens who (may) take exception to the LCS for personal, non-political reasons (LCS murdered my sibling, seduced my spouse, etc.).

Also adding graduate students to the game.

Once this is done, I hope to work on a Civil War mode.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 09, 2020, 10:44:39 pm »

Version 2.1 is released!

New features:

-Murderers are now a faction. Murderers represent private citizens who have enmity with the LCS for personal, non-political reasons, e.g. LCS killed their sibling, seduced their spouse, etc. Murderers can besiege the LCS.

-Graduate students are now recruitable.

Updates to old features:

-Lobbies updated to include locations, and have documentation

-Monthly public opinion reports are now gated behind a cheat code

-Various other bug fixes

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 10, 2020, 10:14:23 am »

2.1.1 released.

Fixed a bug that caused CCS safehouses to stop generating conservative lobby influence if the CCS was defeated by nonviolent means.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 09, 2021, 12:42:29 pm »

Hey Slater, What is this Civil War mode all about
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 09, 2021, 02:24:04 pm »

-Murderers are now a faction. Murderers represent private citizens who have enmity with the LCS for personal, non-political reasons, e.g. LCS killed their sibling, seduced their spouse, etc. Murderers can besiege the LCS.

You can call them what you want in the code, but their official name should be something like "The Wounded/Survivors/Victims".
Survivors of Criminal Political Action
Citizens Against Political Squads

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 02, 2021, 11:12:24 pm »

Hey Slater, What is this Civil War mode all about

Sorry for the delay.

It's a war between the various factions in the game, where the goal is not to liberalize the government, but to defeat the enemy factions.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 12, 2021, 06:49:05 am »

I think it would be nice to publish a list of all the bugs you are currently working or planning to work on, your clues about what causes them, reported OS-specific bugs and other sweet things like that. This can potentially speed up the process. I think im not the only person here who in his free time likes to bash his head against this kind of stuff untill something works

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 12, 2021, 11:09:25 am »

I have a list; it's the functions that I haven't yet written. I can try to put one up, though. I used to have that, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57