Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lugdufugbugdur, "Northernshores," Lost to meta-stupidity. [FORTRESS LOST]  (Read 10474 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Lugdufugbugdur, "Northernshores," A Masterwork 4f Orc Fortress
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 10:46:56 pm »

Solid victory, well done. :) And judging from the blood patterns on the screenshot, none of them managed to run very far.

Did the animated blade die in combat?  And since this is your first time playing orcs (really? ;) you are doing great and seem to know your way around.) I just have to ask: How do you like them so far? Any balancing suggestions, or ideas for new features?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 11:09:58 pm »

Two of the bowelves didn't wanna play anymore and retreated after the peasant started beating one with another's armor and Tulbuk managed to get the leader just before he escaped. Yeah, the sword died in battle. Took three arrows to snap the blade in half and in spite of that it still dutifully tried to defend the clan. Honestly animated weapons in general are fucking awesome, primarily because unlike dogs or tigers, they can actually get shit done once they've gotten stuck in and enemy archers seem to prioritize them which makes things easier on melee troops who are backed by them.

And yeah, I'm doing fairly decent, much better than I was expecting honestly. I wasn't expecting us to survive the first ambush. Between steppe auruchs providing a healthy (but not game-breaking) supply of meat and bones and trade, it's fairly easy to survive, though the local environment is certainly a pain since the cheese we bought from the warlocks melted. I'm sure things will get steadily worse though.

As far as balancing or features, so far all I really dislike is that they use blowguns. Seems odd since feral orcs lack them altogether and would be the ones you'd expect to have them, but I can see why they have them since blowgunnery governs the use of firearms. Anyway, I haven't actually tried out a lot of stuff just yet. There's no factory and the tribal warcrafter's fallen into disuse at the moment for example.

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 10:22:14 pm »

He's no Drosh, but the head of our little settlement is no wimp. The dirty tree huggers showed up, a squad of their bowelves no less. And he gave the order to charge! While he doesn't give me much respect, at least he seems to find my bow skills useful. Its as much as I could hope for in this life.

But even as I write this, an idea spawns. There is an Uruk no less ::) who is a boworc himself. I wonder if we might join in battle together, and I may earn his respect through a skill we both share. My mate must give me these strange thoughts, hers are strange enough what with choosing a snaga as a mate in the first place. Still, crazy or not the thought of getting to know this Uruk better may have potential.

-From the journal of Skabnot

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 11:04:18 pm »

Grond got to shoot things.  Little things ran away.  Grond happy.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 11:55:32 pm »

TALONIS WOLF SMASH WOLF HATERS, SMASHY HEAD!

Talonis Wolf, requesting an Orc when Splints CPU problems are resolved.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:13 am »

Heh, guess orcish dire wolves and a big hammer will be a must for your Orc.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 08:50:35 pm »

Heh, guess orcish dire wolves and a big hammer will be a must for your Orc.

Now that I am reminded? Armok's Fist, yes!

Any blunt weapon is fine, hammer, table, dragon corpse...

(and yes I know it's not adventure mode  :P)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »

I'm guessing it was the dire wolves that sold you :P

I'll see what we have next I look, and see about getting you something good and smashy. I'm thinking maul or maybe a pair of clubs...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:14 pm »

Pair of clubs, if possible. Think of all the poker jokes!  :P
GENERATION 32:

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 11:03:28 am »

I'll take the oracle, if possible.

Name: Exigan

An orc fond of fire and battles.

Just use him as needed until you unlock spells. Afterwards, it's roasting time.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 11:29:46 am »

And so there came two orcs out from distant lands, looking for fame and fortune.  :P
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »

I'm chugging along with an update for here and Carryscar. This place is long overdue for one.

Talonis the Uruk has been place in charge of a blunt weapons band and Exigan the Deceiver is now counted among us as our Oracle (his surname was Turquoisedeceived, I couldn't resist after reading that :P)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »

Good acting Kil'jaeden, they dont suspect a thing.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lugdufugbugdur, "Northernshores," lost to meta-stupidity.
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2014, 08:39:55 am »

Ugh, ok guys, there was a small uh... Mishap, while I was updating masterwork versions. I have a rather bad habit of blanking the recycling bin as I remove things and with it went Northernshores. At least one fit of obscenity flinging at my screen and a mirror, some desking of head, and much sighing, I'm not sure what to do next.  :'(

I suppose I can ready a poll for a new extra project to run beside Carryscar, but I just dunno. Feel like a fucking idiot on this one. Really sorry guys.  :(

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4