Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 4.02 - 6½ months, thanks for playing  (Read 48589 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.02: Game In Progress
« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2014, 01:44:07 pm »

It's certainly a taste thing, I've seen some people dislike admins who do postponements when they're unasked for. Slows the game I guess.

They'd do better to dislike the players who don't submit their turns in a timely fashion. ;)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:22 pm »

It's certainly a taste thing, I've seen some people dislike admins who do postponements when they're unasked for. Slows the game I guess.

They'd do better to dislike the players who don't submit their turns in a timely fashion. ;)
Yeah, but some of them think the former are accommodating the latter.  I'd rather have late turns than a brain-dead AI taking over my friends/opponents, myself; if it's a friend, diplomacy collapses, and if it's an opponent, it squanders their strength in un-fun ways.  Besides, brain-dead tactics are my job. <_<

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2014, 01:50:51 pm »

Besides, brain-dead tactics are my job. <_<
False modesty, slayer!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2014, 01:56:54 pm »

Go on, ask Jomon what happened to my Queen of Elemental Air, fully kitted with Rainbow Armor, Tempest, Amulets of Regeneration and Rejuvenation, and one of my very few Winged Helmets. :3

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

It was but a ruse. No other explanation will do! You lull Jomon into a false sense of security, and then you kill everything. How else could it be, you cunning master strategist you!

Alas, air queens are but deathbait in this game.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:02:03 pm by lijacote »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »

Nah, they're actually really, really good raiders, as long as they don't fly right into a death-team of mages they aren't equipped to face.  Plus, the loss of nigh-on 150 gems worth of summoning and kitting in rare gems is painful, to say the least. 

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 21, 2014, 07:26:17 pm »

I don't think I can keep this up. I'm really tired all the time from work and I keep making horribly stupid mistakes because I'm half asleep doing the turns for two games. Next week, they're starting me up on more hours and as is, I think I'm starting to get into a bit of a depression where I'm not even moderately enjoying playing Dominions. To be honest, I didn't even want to sub in the first place, I just felt bad that you guys couldn't find anyone to step in but now I've practically run the nation into the ground, so I barely even feel like it was worth me getting involved in the first place...

I mean those last few turns were just really really bad. It's not even like I'm not trying to put effort into the turns, it's just that I barely have any free time and I'm so horribly exhausted all the time. I just don't know if I can keep doing this. It's really starting to just feel like an extra burden on me right now and I keep getting annoyed at myself for doing stupid things I wouldn't do if I wasn't so damn tired.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 21, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »

Also: Abandoned Naming Scheme Owl. Wow :D

Actually, that's a pretty old Owl. I can't remember whether I named him due to my abandonment of my scout naming scheme, or my mage naming scheme. Originally I named my mages after actual owl species, but eventually dropped that for sarcastic commentary on the turn and mage paths. As shown by all the silly names for A1D2 Harabs.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:04 pm »

At this point I'd be willing to let Caelum slide into AI-ness. I have a feeling this game won't last another ten turns anyway (feel free to surprise me guys :P).
Do speak if you guys feel we'd still be better off with a sub. Either way I'm pretty confident that gman won't be needing to make another turn here, just stay on call to turn yourself AI if we come to that conclusion.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 22, 2014, 05:53:48 am »

I'm fine with AIness. My plans are inviolable even by their sovereign silliness... :p

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 22, 2014, 11:24:58 am »

If the game is turning a burden for you gman then you shouldn't be forced to play it, I'm okay with AI Caelum. I mean I'm not biased or anything...

Nah, if this isn't fun anymore then it wouldn't be fair to make you keep going. Was a heckuva fun fight though.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 22, 2014, 01:01:45 pm »

That's three of the four remaining players saying it's ok to go AI. I guess it's ok to turn Caelum AI then.
Glad you served us this lategame stretch.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 22, 2014, 01:37:41 pm »

I'll voice in as the fourth to agree.  Thanks for joining on, but I agree that the point of a game is to have fun.  If you aren't having that, then there isn't much point in playing. ^_^

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 22, 2014, 10:46:37 pm »

Sorry about this but I didn't get back from that roadtrip in any condition to play my turn for about 12 more hours from when its due. Could I get an extension?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:26 pm »

Sure thing.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41