Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 4.02 - 6½ months, thanks for playing  (Read 48584 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.02: Game In Progress
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2014, 10:31:51 am »

Cherry Coke is a foul beverage

Hey, we use only 100% natural virgin's blood in our brewing process!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2014, 10:53:39 am »

I may not have a joke name, but that's because i'm no joke. I mean, look at my last title... I'm The Awesome ! ._.

now, I'm trying to guess what are the pretenders from their titles... Because mines are the simplest :I

5 players left to finish the turn

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2014, 10:59:16 am »

For posterity and convinience, here's everyone's titles:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd say it suits me to be the enemy of "both" if I'm He who Is at the Center. Which is true since this is wraparound. Oh my, surrounded by you all. And below are my comments based on everyone's titles, poorly drawn out guesses ahoy!

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2014, 11:22:21 am »

Bogarus: So heavy blood and luck scales? It'd be fun if everyone's not O3. Also you're compassionate yet unforgiving? I guess it fits Bogarus to be all over the place.

While the Central Committee recognises that the enemies of the Revolution are not so because of simple malice or hatred, that their position is that of ignorance, the Revolution is imperative. We are not without sorrow as we deliver death. Injustice is relatively easy to bear, what stings is justice!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:00 am »

for the
Abysia worships the pretender Rzionr Nrzfm, Lord of Men's Fates, Master of Might, Master of the Soil, Patron of Smiths
Couldn't the last title refer to the Neter of Crafts ?

And I love Midgård's "August Master" :)

1 player left to finish the turn ! :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:35:02 pm by tompliss »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »

Great news everyone! I just got word back from llama:
Quote from: llamabeast
It seems that the server somehow got itself in a twist over your password. It shouldn't have accepted a password with a space in it, but it seems that maybe it did. Anyway it's fixed now, and the admin password is just "password".

for the
Abysia worships the pretender Rzionr Nrzfm, Lord of Men's Fates, Master of Might, Master of the Soil, Patron of Smiths
Couldn't the last title refer to the Neter of Crafts ?

And I love Midgård's "August Master" :)

1 player left to finish the turn ! :D

I'm under the impression that only the gender of your pretender affects the titles. ie. (s)he who is at the center etc.. Presumably the rest come from you paths and scales. I'd really like if someone smarter than me can tell whether this is true or not. But yeah, Midgård definitely has the coolest titles, followed by Patala.

Due to nature of the game Culise might very well be at work or a sleep. Maybe even in the middle of doing one after the other. That's the good and bad thing about PBEM, not everyone's at it at the same time.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2014, 01:11:19 pm »

I really don't know why I've got that title, Queen of Forgiving. Patron of Soldiers is kind of lame too. Usually that particular build got names like Earth Mother, Vessel of Might, Lady of Pain, the Invincible and Ever-Triumphant.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »

Asleep; sorry.  I tend to have very skewed sleep schedules on the weekend, then transition to a regular sleep schedule on weekdays.  Also, sorry for a boring name; I kinda blanked.  I'll run off the turn right quick.

For posterity and convinience, here's everyone's titles:

I'd say it suits me to be the enemy of "both" if I'm He who Is at the Center. Which is true since this is wraparound. Oh my, surrounded by you all. And below are my comments based on everyone's titles, poorly drawn out guesses ahoy!

Tee hee.  Pangaea's only LA sacreds are also capital-only and some of the most expensive in the LA.  It's not going to be nearly as scary as Jaguar Warrior spam. ^_^

EDIT: And sent.  And processed. ^_^

Let's see, from glancing over the charts...
1. Provinces: No one made a blind assault.  Odds of an awake SC pretender are probably a little lower, I think, then. 
2. Incomes: Bogarus and Midgard are definitely scale-heavy and income-focused.  Abyssia and Caelum are also rather high; Man and Pangaea comparable; and the rest probably focused on bless paths. 
3. Research: Patala and Man take an early lead, strongly suggesting awake pretenders. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:30:06 pm by Culise »

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:06 pm »

So... Aren't we supposed to receive the new .trn file by mail ?
[EDIT] Well, I knew I would receive the mail when writing this ...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:32:04 pm by tompliss »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2014, 03:31:44 pm »

Ummm, yes.  Should have the header "New turn file: Bay12GamesRound402, #### turn 2," where your country name is given.  Did it get caught in a spam filter or the like? 

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2014, 04:04:17 pm »

re: LA pan sacreds
For all I know they might very well fizzle by midgame. But they don't need numbers to eat most indies early on.
Man might still have an awake Tiwaz, I wouldn't throw him blindly at anything.

With our skill level it will be interesting to see turn#3 charts for province and army count.
There's nothing overtly tough around me this time around but boasting anything at this point only invites misfortune.

Thrones seemed generally alright, only one death and few misfortune scales amidst them all.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »

Guess who has two thumbs and forgot to make a prophet? *facepalm* Hopefully this isn't too bad of a mistake.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2014, 05:05:46 pm »

Prophet by his very existence causes an extra temple check(=spreads dominion) where ever he is. Having him around helps you get those expensive scales up so that they can start paying for themselves. Also in battles he can cast smite, a long range single target spell. It's not much but it's something. They're also free of upkeep but that's hardly of any relevance.

Btw, if Karlito or someone wants to be a backup/co-admin I could send you the password. Just in case I get hit by a car or my extended circle of acquaintances all lose their internet connection.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2014, 05:21:21 pm »

One turn of missing a prophet won't hurt too much, unless you actually need him to bless or are going to use him to start taking provinces.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

Or were going to fly him to my Capital to stealth preach.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41