Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~Creation~ : Elder gods, stars, planets, ideas.  (Read 1282 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
~Creation~ : Elder gods, stars, planets, ideas.
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:53:44 pm »

Creation.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello! This is my first true writing project outside of school! This is a little creative project i want people to give me ideas for anything and everything in the universe. I want this to be a challenge for me,
For once i will write someone elses Ideas. Ideas I need: Life/ Younger gods.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
       In the beginning of many universes there is nothing, just a sphere of magical energy in a huge ocean of void containing nothing. Most of the time the universe stays this way, but in rare cases something strange happens. This strange occurrence comes in one of two forms, the birth of a pantheon, or a huge explosion. The universe we are looking into today is the former.

And so the beginning of this universe started with the creation of the old gods. They were powerful deities the fed off of worship. They were the first life in this universe, but they would not be the last. They were, Mirol, the god of control, Jutax, the god of creation, and Fusrau, the god of Life. They had no true forms, but they had avatars, what they wanted to look like. Mirol resembled a humanoid made entirely of shadow with navy blue cloak surrounding him. Jutax had a brighter more charismatic avatar; it resembled a large tornado of randomly colored snowflakes. And Fusrau resembled a quadruped made of multiple floating stones connected by purple vines.

The gods knew each other, they were siblings born from void itself, and they loved each other even if they did get in petty squabbles. But they had no immediate worship to power themselves with. So they turned to the edge of the universe. A veritable wall of harvestable energy, but opening the wall would destroy the universe, and by consequence themselves. The wall was thick, it could spare some energy, but not much.
             The gods consulted, devising the best way to use their newfound energy source.  Jutax soon consulted with her siblings, “The universe is empty, but we have energy, we should start with a star.”

Mirol piped in, trying to add to the idea. He needed worship fast, or his sphere would not be fulfilled and he would die very soon. “The star must last a long time, it must be a small star, but we can infuse it with a bit of excess energy to make it shine brightly.”

While the others consulted Fusrau need her sphere fulfilled as well. “We need a platform for life to worship us from; I suggest a medium sized rocky planet, with plenty of water.”

After a couple of years of collaborating, the gods reached a consensus,  a bright blue star that wasted little of its precious resources, and a mars sized world with a large ocean spanning the equator with two caps of land at the poles.
Crack-a-lack-a

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Creation~ : Elder gods, stars, planets, ideas.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »

-Reserved-
Crack-a-lack-a

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »

Bright blue yet wasting little resources? Hertzsprung and Russel are turning in their graves.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »

... Did I not say that they used magic being gods to make it efficient?
Crack-a-lack-a

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:01:57 pm »

... Did I not say that they used magic being gods to make it efficient?
But... but cosmology!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:13 am »

So what suggestions do you want? What form the younger life will take? New gods?

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:07:06 pm »

basically what I'm thinking is they make a bunch of weaker deities that naturally gain power, so they can seed the world with life.
Crack-a-lack-a

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 07:29:21 pm »

And the weaker gods would have more specific domains?

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 07:41:33 pm »

Why not?
Crack-a-lack-a

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:07:20 pm »

"It was decided that a god would be required to oversee each of the poles, being the only land the planet had. To this extent each god had complete control of the lands and what went on with them north or south of the equator. The sea, being far larger, was to be more carefully partitioned."

Is that okay? ^^

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 08:11:14 pm »

Very nice! Now I'm going to decide the names and actual appearance, considering they are actually physical beings.
Crack-a-lack-a