Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 96378 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 12:36:23 am »

Also +1-ing Awakening. Excellent game.

Speaking of Awakening, I'm tempted to ask you people who you married. I'm a bit curious as to who the most popular spouses on Bay12 are.

In case you haven't sighted my loudly vocal (possibly a bit obnoxious) mentions of it, I married Nowi.

Panne, because more Taguel, especially a Taguel carrying Ignis and Astra is awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 12:49:03 am »

PTW. The only Fire Emblem I've played to completion is Path of Radiance and it was very fun. I've also played the English GBA titles and I'm sorta playing Awakening. I just recently found out that characters in Awakening can have all the supports they want (though only one S-rank) - a HUGE difference from the other games I played where each character gets like five supports total.

Soooo, to kick off the discussion...

Got Path of Radiance for Christmas. Liking it so far, but Chapter 11 is a huge friggin' difficulty spike. First there was the fact that Boyd kept dying, then the Black Knight randomly came out of that totally random house in the middle... and up until around the part where Greil dies this thing was a piece of cake.

Should I start being more gratuitous in handing out bonus EXP or something?
Pro tip about the Bonus EXP: Hand it out in 21-or-lessEXP chunks instead of filling the whole bar at once. If you add too much at a time, it starts costing additional BEXP for each EXP the character gets. This should help stretch things a bit further.

You may also wish to invest in custom weapons, but they get really REALLY expensive.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:18 am »

Speaking of Awakening, I'm tempted to ask you people who you married. I'm a bit curious as to who the most popular spouses on Bay12 are.

In case you haven't sighted my loudly vocal (possibly a bit obnoxious) mentions of it, I married Nowi.

Say'Ri, though if I replayed I would probably pick Cherche or Tiki instead.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 01:08:13 am »

Pro tip about the Bonus EXP: Hand it out in 21-or-lessEXP chunks instead of filling the whole bar at once. If you add too much at a time, it starts costing additional BEXP for each EXP the character gets. This should help stretch things a bit further.

You may also wish to invest in custom weapons, but they get really REALLY expensive.
Thanks for the advice! Any recommended levels? Some of the characters I have *hackpth*Mia, Soren*cough* are kinda wimpy right now.
Panne, because more Taguel, especially a Taguel carrying Ignis and Astra is awesome.
* Tawarochir brofists fellow rock-shapeshifter-husband Reudh

My decision was mostly based on how charming I found Nowi to be--I didn't have any clue how parent skills and stats factored into childrens' skills and stats. Nah with Vengeance is excellent anyway.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 01:12:18 am »

Ah Sacred Stones.

I played the hell out of that game. It taught me the magic that are Generals. Gilliam will always have a place on my endgame roster. Spinning Lance action, go!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 01:18:14 am »

-snip-
Their level doesn't matter nearly as much as how many stats are going up each level. Just get them roughly as strong as the rest of the team, or at least good enough that they won't die if something sneezes at them. If you try to level them up and they get few or no stats each time, drop them in favor of someone else.

Mia's kinda redundant because you already have Ike as a swordsman, but you should probably get Soren a bit stronger if you can. He can potentially attack 4 times per combat (Adept yo), and if his stats go up properly he has a not-insignificant chance to crit on every one of them. He's a solid mage and does an excellent job fighting other mages IIRC.

Not that Mia's bad or anything - I prefer her to the other myrmidon you get - and once she hits Swordmaster she can do an excellent job holding chokepoints all on her own.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 03:20:26 am »

Say'Ri, though if I replayed I would probably pick Cherche or Tiki instead.

Huh, Say'ri's an odd choice if only because no one really chooses her. Tiki's a good choice, she's more balanced than Nowi, and packs higher Res than most iterations of Nah.

* Tawarochir brofists fellow rock-shapeshifter-husband Reudh

My decision was mostly based on how charming I found Nowi to be--I didn't have any clue how parent skills and stats factored into childrens' skills and stats. Nah with Vengeance is excellent anyway.

I chose Panne purely because of more Taguel, and I like the character. Plus, Yarne's a freakin' powerhouse with Panne's good speed and luck, and MU's flexibility. Morgan's pretty good too, but lacks Counter.

I paired Nowi with Gregor, though not on purpose - Nowi's so fragile when you first get her that Gregor makes a good meatshield.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 03:56:50 am »

I chose Panne purely because of more Taguel, and I like the character. Plus, Yarne's a freakin' powerhouse with Panne's good speed and luck, and MU's flexibility. Morgan's pretty good too, but lacks Counter.

I paired Nowi with Gregor, though not on purpose - Nowi's so fragile when you first get her that Gregor makes a good meatshield.
I really shouldn't have let Panne die. Taguel seem kinda neat. :( Manaketes do have the advantage of getting 1-2 range, though, so I've 1-up'd you there. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 06:27:05 am »

I really shouldn't have let Panne die. Taguel seem kinda neat. :( Manaketes do have the advantage of getting 1-2 range, though, so I've 1-up'd you there. :P

Nah is the only manakete that can learn Counter, and then only under very specific conditions. Yarne can learn counter on his own or inherit it from his father.

Honestly, if you're really into min-maxing, marrying the Avatar to one of the second generation units is probably a good idea.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 09:03:03 am »

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:12:40 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 09:41:34 am »

Best of bumps indeed! It seems like they're taking a Japanese motif this time around, as opposed to the Ye Olde Medieval style. Sweet, I kind of like it.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 11:11:10 am »

So... It is Knight Versus Samurai huh...

Though honestly I do like the idea ESPECIALLY if the Japanese team goes be a bit different mechanics.

The one major flaw in the entire series is they often never let the different countries, regions, and kingdoms feel distinct as far as mechanics are concerned.

This time around, perhaps they could pull it off and make Emblem Japan actually be a bit different.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 12:04:10 pm »

It seems somewhat interesting, and at the least, novel; I don't think Fire Emblem has ever introduced serious a serious "fantasy Sengoku" (or maybe I should say the early Ashikaga; Fire Emblem's never really done much with gunpowder-era, and I'm not so sure this is very pre-Muromachi...though maybe it might work with the Kamakura repulsion of the Mongols) vibe.  Myrmidons have kind of been co-opted into a samurai theme in the recent game in spite of their Greek name, and Chon'sin is kind of a subtle instance, albeit subtle only insofar as we never actually visit it properly, and thus get most of our information on it from Say'ri's supports. 

That said, given the last two games, I wonder if MyU/Avatar mechanics will be returning again.  I'm...kind of ambivalent on it, to be honest.  It didn't work well in New Mystery, but that could be attributed to it being a remake of FE3 which didn't have such a self-insert originally.  It seemed kind of OK in Awakening where the game and plot was built up around the feature, but I'll admit that I wasn't especially impressed with the story of Awakening in general; it wasn't awful, but it seemed a bit disjoint. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:05:43 pm by Culise »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 12:28:18 pm »

I wonder if they'll bring back the Magic Triangle and the ability to Rescue units this time around. Since they seem to be basing this new one off of Awakening (I saw a Dual Guard triggering), probably not :c

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70