Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 96974 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2015, 08:47:51 pm »

You can lose Frederick? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 08:55:46 pm »

Well, he "retires", like a lot of the first generation female characters do, because he still shows up in cutscenes.

For me, it happened on the second to last story map - he got hit by a Beast Killer lance crit and I decided to save after that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 09:14:57 pm »

That Triangle is frighteningly accurate in some of the games.

Where certain skills just entirely eliminate the point of the triangle.

"Well, I could use this Ax... or I can use this sword and hit you 8 times in a row, acting first, and having a chance to negate your counter attack"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2015, 01:22:48 am »

That Triangle is frighteningly accurate in some of the games.

Where certain skills just entirely eliminate the point of the triangle.

"Well, I could use this Ax... or I can use this sword and hit you 8 times in a row, acting first, and having a chance to negate your counter attack"

Yup. Stuff like the Breaker skills can alleviate the weapon triangle, as well as Patience (hit/avo +15 when under attack), Prescience (hit/avo+15 when initiating an attack), Hit Rate +20 (an archer or sniper skill, I think). Plus, the breaker skills give hit/avo+50 when facing a foe with the corresponding weapon.

EG: oh no my lance is too weak for the axe, good thing i have patience/prescience/and axebreaker! lol have fun trying to hit me with an axe now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 12:33:49 am »

Playing through Path of Radiance today and got another delicious taste of how FE is in no way a casual game.

Chapter 13, a level where you and an army of NPCs have to protect the Begnion apostle on a ship until the pegasus knight guard arrive and clean up for you. Pretty easy so far, crushed most of the enemy with well-fought maneuvers with Ike and the RG knights (plus a little Titania, Boyd, and Zihark here and there.) Just had to keep an eye on the bird laguz reinforcements and finish the boss and a lone archer. No big deal.

Cue random crow slipping past my discerning eye.

Ike: "Oh no!"

*game over screen of SHAME and GUILT*

Argh. Friggin' birds.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2015, 01:38:44 pm »

I love the series, but is Awakening worth buying a 3DS for? I can't really see many, if any, other games I'd fancy picking up on it, and it's only a matter of time before development slows or stops.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2015, 01:52:01 pm »

I can't say for certain since I haven't gotten much chance to play it myself, but judging purely from what a number of friends have said, I'd say it'll probably be worth it. Story is eh, from what I've heard, but they really refined a lot of things from the previous games, especially the support system, which is pretty much integral to being successful.

So, yeah. If you don't like the idea of having to really utilize the support system... that and the mediocre story would really be on the only downsides.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2015, 02:05:09 pm »

Awakening is definitely worth buying. The story is pretty good, too, in my opinion, at least, if convoluted at times (and a second act that has little to do with the first.) Reclassing system was cranked up to 11 and every character has several classes they can be a part of. Most base classes have at least two different potential advanced classes. There's also an extensive system of characters having children that is directly tied to the new supports system, which has been changed from "everybody gets five supports tops for no real reason" to "everybody can have as many supports as they want and one S support with a person of the opposite gender".

There's also official DLC, a lot of awesome music, really cool climactic boss fights, and a player character who can be customized to hell and back. Good buy and definitely worth getting a 3DS for.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »

The official DLC is fantastic, and is worth getting too. There are some that are downright required to play on Lunatic or Lunatic+ Difficulty (EXPonential Growth, Golden Gaffe, Infinite Regalia, Rogues and Redeemers 3) because of their amazing rewards (respectively, you fight a bunch of very high HP, very high luck Entombed with no defense who only try to escape, you kill risen carrying gold, you fight through an army of Deadlords who are hinted to be made from the corpses of former Fire Emblem characters to receive three randomly chosen Regalia or other high tier weapons, and you fight a huge fifty man army made up of the greatest heroes and villains in the Fire Emblem series in order to get an item that increases skill caps by ten.).

The music is great, and the DLC uses music from throughout the entire history of Fire Emblem, with the very first one taking music form the NES!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2015, 05:42:54 pm »

There's also a couploe others that give you access to the Bride Class and Dread Fighter class upon completion.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2015, 07:32:23 pm »

There's also a couploe others that give you access to the Bride Class and Dread Fighter class upon completion.

Both of which have some amazing skills, and are pretty well balanced stat wise. All males have access to Dread Fighter, and all females to Bride, though some obviously do better in it than others. A good example of a unit good at Bride would be Aversa, who due to her Dark Flier archetype gets moderate strength and good magic stats.

Bride gets Bond and Rally Heart, which respectively: restore 10HP per turn to allies in a 3 tile radius, and +2 all stats + 1 mov to allies in a 3 tile radius. Bride also uses Lances/Bows/Staves and are effectively a "defensive balanced" class with no weaknesses (unlike the Falcon Knight, for example.).

Dread Fighter is fairly balanced, aims towards STR over MAG, but still quite usable with magic. Gets the skills Res+10 and Aggressor, which respectively buff Res by 10, making most same level mages barely able to scratch you, and gives attack +10 when you initiate an attack, which is effectively 10 free damage. Dread Fighter can access Swords/Axes/Tomes and is best used by a balanced growth unit like Avatar or Morgan (M).

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:10 pm »

I just beat Awakening on normal/classic. I'm planning to replay it on hard/classic. How much is the difference between normal and hard?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 02:38:51 pm »

Again, this is from a guy who hasn't played, but most people claim that Hard mode is the equivalent of Normal mode on older fire emblem games... albeit with a slightly more frustrating start as you try to train your low-level characters and keep them from dying.

Apparently it's rather simple once you've done some training, though.

LUNATIC, on the other hand, is aptly named.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2015, 02:51:29 pm »

Again, this is from a guy who hasn't played, but most people claim that Hard mode is the equivalent of Normal mode on older fire emblem games... albeit with a slightly more frustrating start as you try to train your low-level characters and keep them from dying.

Well then, I hope Hard offers some challenge. Normal just turned the game into "Morgan Emblem: Morganpocalypse" as soon as I got her.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:12 pm »

Well then, I hope Hard offers some challenge. Normal just turned the game into "Morgan Emblem: Morganpocalypse" as soon as I got her.
Yeah, the general consensus on Normal mode is you play it if you expect to curbstomp the opposition with no difficulty.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70