Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97708 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: oh yeah, Fates is about to come out
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2016, 09:45:30 am »

I'll wait till Revelations is out before I make my purchase. I plan to do all three routes. RIP $80.00 or equivalent.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:56 am »

Is Revelations going to come out before the end of june? I might be able to get them as a present.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2016, 09:47:22 am »

I've read that Revalations is on March 10th.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2016, 10:05:55 am »

I've read that Revalations is on March 10th.
This is what I heard, too.

I'll wait till Revelations is out before I make my purchase. I plan to do all three routes. RIP $80.00 or equivalent.
Considering the above (Revelations being released on the 10th of March) there's not a heck of a lot of reason to wait very long to get the first two. From what I've heard, Conquest and Birthright are both rather large on their own, so 20 days total (from 19 February to 10 March) to complete both sounds about right.

As for me, I'm waiting eagerly to get out of classes just so I can START playing. HNNNNGGGGG
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:07:29 am by Nighthawk »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2016, 12:31:35 pm »

As for me, I'm waiting eagerly to get out of classes just so I can START playing. HNNNNGGGGG

Hurry up man, this sweet ass game isn't going to play itself. There's new mechanics, and a Dark Cloud-esque town you can build up, and there's a lottery, and first person perspective dating, and I'm going through Conquest classic hard mode first, and the very first fight after the decision has me feeling accomplished and satisfied at the level of thought and effort I had to put into that.

This is just so much more ambitious and better executed than I thought Intelligent Systems were capable of.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2016, 12:44:19 pm »

Considering the above (Revelations being released on the 10th of March) there's not a heck of a lot of reason to wait very long to get the first two. From what I've heard, Conquest and Birthright are both rather large on their own, so 20 days total (from 19 February to 10 March) to complete both sounds about right.

Also agreeing that you should do the go ahead and get both Conquest and Birthright before Revelation's Release. Bother are about the length of a standard fire emblem and provide all the groundwork for the Revelation's Storyline.

Conquest classic hard mode.

I'm also doing this right now, and thoroughly enjoying it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2016, 12:48:26 pm »

I'm starting with Birthright classic hard mode, because I've heard Birthright is simpler and thus I want to play it first so I'm not disappointed in it in comparison to Conquest.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2016, 01:00:35 pm »

* Sirus impatiently waits for the local game stores to open

Normally the West Coast is pretty sweet, but on the other hand we have to wait longer for our game releases. Damn you, time zones! :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2016, 01:24:18 pm »

It's a small thing, but a makes a big difference, is that it seems that all weapons minus staves and items now just have infinite uses. That's big, that's huge, I love it. It's like somebody finally got the courage to raise their hand during the Intelligent Systems Design meeting and finally say: "You know what players actually don't like? Having to play Inventory Manager after every fight." and I'm grateful for that.

Doubly grateful cause it means I don't have to curb my strategizing around "Oh, but what if I need it LATERRRRR", instead I don't need to feel gun shy about using strong weapons that'd normally have very finite, non-replenishable uses in the earlier games. And even for the weaker weapons, it seems they've all been rebalanced so they all have cool little bonus effects attached to them so I can feel good and strategical about their usage rather than just the normal Fire Emblem feeling of being forced to use them to save uses on the 'important' weapons. That's such a good change, I love it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2016, 01:39:42 pm »

I would appreciate it if people kept major spoilers to spoiler tags. I mean, I'd be surprised if anyone didn't, but I thought I'd lay down a policy.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2016, 11:41:24 pm »

I really like how you can invite your waifu back to your room, and stare at her chest. That's a feature that's sorely lacking in prior installments.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:11 pm »

It's almost as if you're complaining about a non-critical gameplay element.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2016, 12:06:23 am »

I really like how you can invite your waifu back to your room, and stare at her chest. That's a feature that's sorely lacking in prior installments.
Sold, goty.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2016, 12:23:16 am »

like i mean its stupid but you dont have to do it
Black lives matter.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile