Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98386 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »

She's really squishy for a tank though ;_;
Didn't help that Takumi was able to get in past his knight bros and deal 24 damage in a single round. I figured he was stuck behind them on the bridge.

Well in any case, I reset after discovering that ruffians show up to start looting houses. Thanks game. It's not like I wasn't already having a bunch of trouble just getting out of my starting area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@ Tawarochir: But I don't want to replace Effie, I want to keep her and everyone else alive ;_;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2016, 01:36:45 pm »

You don't need to kill her to replace her. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2016, 01:46:59 pm »

She's really squishy for a tank though ;_;
Didn't help that Takumi was able to get in past his knight bros and deal 24 damage in a single round. I figured he was stuck behind them on the bridge.

Well in any case, I reset after discovering that ruffians show up to start looting houses. Thanks game. It's not like I wasn't already having a bunch of trouble just getting out of my starting area.

@ Tawarochir: But I don't want to replace Effie, I want to keep her and everyone else alive ;_;

@Sirus:
Well, you do get a Replacement Effie that chapter. He has more HP in my experience, I replaced Effie with him because she wasn't getting nearly enough of it.

(Argh, you ninja JoshuaFH)

Currently stuck on chapter 20. I love and hate this chapter; the wind gimmick is fun, but screw how it seems to be randomly chosen how the wind appears. And I almost won my second run, too ;_; At least I promoted Elise into Strategist and she is now a physical god rivaling her brother's magical prowess.

On an entirely gameplay-unrelated note, what do you guys think of the soundtrack for this one? Personally, I think it's beautiful, maybe one of the best soundtracks in the series. I like how the music for each side has more obvious influences than in older games; I love the Nohrian music's bagpipes, in particular. It makes it sound a lot more medieval than the generally traditional orchestral music in older games.

I also absolutely love the rendition of "Lost In Thoughts All Alone" played in the "(groans of increasing discomfort)" cutscene. It's so catchy!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2016, 01:50:06 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2016, 01:52:09 pm »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:55:17 pm by JoshuaFH »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 27, 2016, 02:21:41 pm »

I sincerely thank Nintendo for only putting six units in Eirika's bonus team, because any more, with the Paladin, would make it significantly harder.
And congrats to Gregor for dodging a 17 damage hit, then getting Stahl's help and bringing down said Paladin in one turn.
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »

Completed chapter 22! That got really intense near the end, I'm sure you guys will love it, it's like Chapters 10 and 12 combined. In my winning playthrough though, I got one of the best moments of RNG I've seen in a while:

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »

Has anyone figured out the parameters for building/upgrading statues yet? It seems to be more-or-less random as to when you get them and so far they're all at bronze level.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2016, 04:06:16 pm »

I put Sumia in position to take out an Archer..
...AND FORGOT THE OTHER ARCHER.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2016, 04:20:20 pm »

I sincerely thank Nintendo for only putting six units in Eirika's bonus team, because any more, with the Paladin, would make it significantly harder.
And congrats to Gregor for dodging a 17 damage hit, then getting Stahl's help and bringing down said Paladin in one turn.
What I love about that team is that if you look at it, you realize you're fighting her early-game Sacred Stones team. The Paladin is Seth, the Cavalier is Franz, the Knight is Gilliam, the Pegasus Knight is Vanessa, and the Priest is Moulder.

There's several characters like this; for example, Ike's team has two snipers, a paladin, a general, a sage, an assassin, a war monk, a warrior, and a falcoknight. L'Arachel is even more obvious; her gigantic team consists of a berserker and a trickster.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2016, 04:21:54 pm »

And one of the Marths' teams consists of every character before him in the list. :P
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

Ohhh boy, my SD card came early.  Gonna get Birthright first, I think.  I haven't played the old style Fire Emblems so I'll stick with the easier kind first.
Shoes...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2016, 07:25:58 pm »

Whew, chapter 12 cleared thanks to the RNG being generous a few times. Very nearly got Camilla killed when a miniboss with a bow rushed her (she managed to dodge), and then both she and Beruka managed to land attacks at roughly 55% to take her down in a single one of my turns. Rest of the map went much more smoothly once I gave Felicia a Flame Shuriken.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2016, 09:08:17 pm »

Anyone else with previous FE experience find themselves habitually ignoring characters that arrive as promoted classes, even though some of them are actually pretty decent? Because I do.

I...I'm sorry, Ryoma. It just can't work between us. I know you have a cool electrified katana, but you're already a Swordmaster. It just wasn't meant to be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2016, 09:09:34 pm »

Libra is actually alright, in Awakening. But Frederick has no excuse for devouring EXP and never leveling.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70