Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]

Author Topic: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review  (Read 222158 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review
« Reply #915 on: February 07, 2024, 01:57:31 am »

Consider me in for Demonology!
Did you play Mafia before? Since you are struggling with anxiety, please be warned. This is about the worst activity for someone with anxiety that I can think of. You're better off watching The Ring whilst high on LSD.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 07, 2024, 04:29:52 am »

The base mafiakill is always Free.
Pretty reasonable in a multi-action game.

Directly quoting private chats is forbidden.
Yes I like this. Chat's are already powerful, quoting them makes them more so.

Personal priority
I did something like this with Puzzle Temple Panic: each person had a different priority number for each of four action types, so it balanced out. In a regular game, it's probably preferable to design the system to avoid paradoxes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 07, 2024, 10:01:27 am »

Consider me in for Demonology!
Did you play Mafia before? Since you are struggling with anxiety, please be warned. This is about the worst activity for someone with anxiety that I can think of. You're better off watching The Ring whilst high on LSD.

Hahahaha.  Agreed.  Perfect comparison.  I think the only folks who find Mafia relaxing are the Steve Irwins of the world, the Crocodile Dundees.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vW54lAtldI
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 07, 2024, 09:52:52 pm »

RoseHeart has played Mafia before, and has also co-hosted before.

Also, Fallacy, I already implemented all of those changes into Demonology and more.  In addition to those changes, the AP system makes the base Mafiakill modular cost from 1-3, since Actions can differ based on their AP cost.  Plus, I think I made a good balance between having a solvable game and absolutely not wanting to claim things by having the Mafiakill use a new system Called Shots, where accurately guessing Player Roles makes the Mafiakill unstoppable and untraceable at the cost of failing if guessing wrong (Not Calling is valid, too.)

Additionally, there is literally never an issue with priority.  If two Actions take place (such as two zplayers stealing another Player's vote), both Actions would resolve as normal, with each Player receiving a vote, and the stealee having 0 votes (you cannot have -1 votes, obviously.)  Things like Roleblockers blocking each other would have neither Action blocked due to priority resolution (RNG blocking would be hella dumb, the Actions are happening simultaneously!)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]