Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the question on everyones mind  (Read 6816 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
the question on everyones mind
« on: August 05, 2001, 10:02:00 am »

i think its safe to say i speak for everyones curiosity by asking: does vomit have ANY nutritional value what so ever? if so, constant supply of food for me.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: the question on everyones mind
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2001, 10:21:00 am »

Well, it depends really...  you could probably write a book about this (I can't).  A main factor is what had the creature been eating, and how long had it been digested?  Assuming we've got a human, if the food had just hit the stomach, saliva would have converted some starches to sugars, but not much else...  if that were vomited up, it would be about as nutritious as the original food.  If on the other hand, the food had been sitting around the stomach for a while, some nutritients might have been absorbed, although a lot of that occurs down in the intestines (which is why they are so long and wavy with villa etc. -- maximizes absorbing surface area).  I don't think much/any vomit comes from below the stomach, so all food vomit will have nutritional value.  Alcohol/drug/battle liquidy vomit where the vomiter had been fasting for hours would be much different.

Short answer:  If the vomiter has just eaten, the vomit will have nutritional value (ie CHUNKY VOMIT IS GOOD FOR YOU!  EAT YOUR CHUNKY SOUP!)

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Harlander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2001, 04:41:00 am »

A question that I think is more pertinent would be: where does 680 intend to get his infinite supply of vomit?

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2001, 04:55:00 pm »

He'll vomit up his vomit of course!!  Or magically make more...  Maybe he'll flash villagers his deformed body parts and get free dinner.  We should make sure to include stomach acid damage for truly depraved people who would be bulemic for sustinance.  Then again, stomach acid needs to be a weapon!  I'll vomit into my simple distilling machine and get a (near) infinite supply of deadly acid!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2001, 08:14:00 pm »

you can make yourself vomit (albeit quite painful, for prolonged vomiting,one would probably want to shiled there esoupogus with some material, preferably a solid strong metal to protect from stomach acid) this could MAYBE be useful if your limited on supplies and dont have access to other forms of food, like your legs broken, no completly GONe for some reason, ontop of a really..tall..mountain! no birds or animals, why your up on a mountain without legs in the first place is beyond me but dont do the legless climbing if you cant do the vomit eating afterwards...