Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311160 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:05:12 pm »

Tribulations in Magic

Another Perplexicon Game, like this one

What is Perplexicon?
It is a magic deathmatch with modular magic. Players are thrown in an arena to fight to death to increase their own power. Everything seems normal so far? Well, the twist here is that there are words used to cast the spells, but nobody knows their meanings at the start. So the first time you cast a spell you can end up under a pile of hair or having your soul sucked away. Funny, isn't it?

How do I play?
You just need to make a character (covered below) and post your actions. To cast a spell, just post the words you want to say (including the code, if possible), or PM them to me (if you want to keep the information for yourself).

Can I do something other than casting spells?
Of course! You can attempt other stuff other than dealing with potentially dangerous magic yourself. Curbstomping wizards is funny too!

So, how do I make a character?
Just fill the character sheet:
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

And here it is! The object where the weird magic stuff comes from, the "book":

Spoiler: Title page (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: First page (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: First section (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second section (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Third section (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Appendix (click to show/hide)

And, finally, the place where you are supposed to kill each other:
Spoiler: The arena (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:05:31 pm »

The players

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)

The Waitlist

Empty!

Permawaitlist
Spoiler: Vakothu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:09 pm »

The Fallen

Pariah: got his throat sliced by Zentol.
Mako Man Andy Ravage: choked on his own blood after getting his lung stabbed by Cromwell.
Cromwell: died from hearth paralysis after being attacked by an electrical fire bear he summoned while trying to cast a Hadoken.
Zentol, the Eldritch Psychopath: jumped to his doom after Derm transformed the bridge over the botomless pit into paper.
Romek Durad, the bearded martial artist: after deciding not to kill two people that tried to murder him, he was pushed into the ledge of the bridge by The Outcast Wizard, then Derm made part of the bridge become electricity, making him fall into the abyss.
Eric Jenn: dodged into the bottomless pit, after perfectly evading Thrakor's magma strike.
The Outcast Wizard: barely catched the edge of the bridge after evading Derm's spell, then The Dragon Knight stomped on his hands hard enough to make him fall.
Thrakor, the Space Hobo: abused magma to the point he passed out from pain, trying to melt an iron man. He then was curbstomped by the Flimsy Wizard in said Iron Man form.
Athanasios, He Who Did Not Know Anything (literally): after transforming his arm into a goblin made from air, was catched by Mako rolling and was beaten into unconsciousness, then the Dragon Knight crushed his head in a typical act of kill stealing.
Thrancaole, the shade: The Flimsy Wizard, Derm and the Dragon Knight ganged up on him after he tried to murder the Wizard. Was killed by extreme curbstomping.
Zolond, the monochromatic: bleed to death from a neck injury caused by Bigf01t.
Takua, the Chronicler: Public words enthusiast. Fried himself with lightning.
Miol: died by rotting alive, miasma courtesy of Bigf01t.
Testurr, Thie: was strangled to death by its own creation.
Mako Man Andy Ravage: had his soul sucked away by the Diamond Ork necromancer, Robert.
Igor, the Indestructible: received repeated beatings from Bigf01t, and succeeded in using a corpse as a shield. Was executed by Bigf01t after being really encumbered by his corpse shield (which was Testurr).
Thrancaole, the shade: Died from electrocution from a huge fire and electricity ball which almost ended with its caster, The Flimsy Wizard.
Zolond, the Dark Mage: after a long fight, got his head crushed by Systar's hammer.
Li, the Blue-robed wizard: Bigf01t stole his soul with his demonic morningstar as he was fighting with Magical Trevor.
Magical Trevor, Bad Luck Incarnate: transformed his upper half into a halberd, dying in the process. He got an outcome worse than even the worst outcome possible.
Derm: after leading a bunch of people who mostly died because of RL reasons, and gathering a lot of souls, was cut in half by Systar with his naginata.
Igor Jr, protagonist of a family drama: gave pride to his family after being burned alive by Robert. Don't ask.
Mako Man Andy Ravage: Gutted by Systar as he tried to pull off one of Bigf01t's legs.
Systar, the Derm-Killer: Robert, the diamond Quetzalcoatl, transformed the floor beneath him into a magma lake. He was already crippled from another of his spells.
Ali: summoned a big amount of gasoline in the magma room. He was shoved by the explosion into the magma moat.
Jack Vihmut: failed in magic repeteadly, until he became a vine statue of a man shouting at the air, with two obsidian arms attached to it.
endlessblaze: received a terrible beating from Bigf01t. When he tried to transform his chest into a pair of diamond wings, he couldn't resist the pain and fell unconcious, then Bigf01t finished the job.
Bucky, the mandatory living black hole of this game: after trying to suck all the palyers at the same time, his lack of mass allowed Bigf01t to hurl his morningstar at him, finishing his remaining body.
The Flimsy Wizard, doofus extraordinaire: after being terribly crippled by Bucky, he decided to launch a fire and electricity shark to a diamond hippopotamus. Said hippo proceeded to stomp his diamond face until it exploded into shards. His story marks the origin of the Murderous Hippo.
ATHATH: bled to death after Not Igor used both his dragon teeth and negative matter to eliminate his arm.
Derm: after The keeper of the Grove stomped on his face really hard, Thrakor finished the job by even more stomping.
endlessblaze: killed himself by stabbing his brain with a sharpened chunk of diamond he tried to control with his will.
Thrakor, the Space Wizard: after managing to kill Derm, the Keeper of the Grove shattered him by crushing him with two huge chunks of the floor.
Totally Not Igor: failed so hard that transformed his head into an inert biometal fedora. Don't ask.
The Ghostly Wizard: dealt with inter-dimensional fuckery and got possessed by Entropy. Redz managed to bring him into unconciousness and removed his head with a black hole.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:27 pm »

SIGN ME UP ONE SEC

Name:Derm
Appearance:I put on my robe and wizard hat.
Stats:
Str:0
Dex:1
Spd:1
Wil:0
End:1
Pot:1
Pol:5
Status effects:
Transformation status:
Inventory:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 01:09:04 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 01:07:13 pm »

SIGN ME UP ONE SEC
You are already signed up. Removing you from the PM list to send... Done

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:07:49 pm »

I AM FAST LIKE THAT.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

Confirming.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 01:23:55 pm »

P to the T to the W.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

Put me on the waitlist for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 01:32:12 pm »

Reporting for duty!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:26 pm »

Put me on the waitlist for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waitlisting...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

Anybody want to be on a team? I don't really want to die as soon as I enter combat, which I suspect may happen with 0 toughness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 01:46:22 pm »

Team Wizard?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 01:49:24 pm »

I also have zero endurance, I think we should form a gang of scientists.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 01:53:24 pm »

Well, there is already a muggle alliance going on, or at least it was organized like that on Toaster's thread. Anyway, I expect a high death rate, even if you don't fight each other.

I also have zero endurance, I think we should form a gang of scientists.
As a reminder, endurance won't affect how much you get hurt, but how much you will be able to cope with that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 197