Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315060 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Three deaths in one turn!
« Reply #1080 on: June 04, 2014, 04:26:06 pm »

Turn 042

Head toward the Portal Room (via Greenhouse Room).  Anyone who attacks me gets put in a full nelson.

[Spd:6+1-1=6]
You jog to the Portal Room, going through a room filled with strange bulbs opening and closing, and through a big and mostly empty room with a corpse emitting smoke and another dude here saying some bullshit. You hear him, because there is nothing else to do:

Spoiler: Public Word List (click to show/hide)

Tersse Periamquaes, pointing at a wall.

R-509 Etta

You give that odd book a shot, because, as the universal justification of varied causes says: "Why the hell not?"

[Pot:2+1=3]
A spark suddenly appears, and for some reason, in its brief existence, it seemed to be moving away from you.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears and quickly draws out of itself a big orc in front of you. It tries to punch you, and you cower in fear, until you notice that its hand just went through you. Then you open your eyes and see it disappear. Nice.

Systar laughs as he saw this, and continued his jog to the Portal Room. The element whose existence is the reason of the name aforementioned room is emitting a pleasantly blue and purple light, as they seem to flicker and revolve through the portal itself. Here is also another guy. Well, thing, maybe. Its claws makes you think that it could be hostile. It seems to be trying to say some words, albeit not shouting them, like the previous scared guy:

Hmm.

+1 Pool I think. Fateful science beckons.

Also, word me.

Condolences to the massacred.

Hey, look, a new guy! Maybe another potential victim? The blood lying on the floor seems to have warned him, so no surprise attacks will be useful this time. Well, better do science:

[Spd:6+1-1-2=4]

[Pot:1+1=2]
Something involving a golden line happened, you are not sure what, though.

Well, that is a wasted turn.

Hmmm. A strange conundrum. Oh well, probably just another cool dream. Hopefully...

Time To Test.

You are not sure if this is a dream, but you don't want to either test the sharpness of the crystal pyramids attached to the wall, or put your hand over the octariney beams going to the ceiling.

Well, you have these papers here, so, why don't you try to read it, so that you die horribly some time after?

[Pot:2]
You can somehow feel a disturbance in nothing itself. Yeah, there is no contradiction in this sentence.

[Pot:1]
Well, you have no idea what happened.

[Pot:3]
The closest pyramid to you begins to emit a faint golden glow.

Again, you don't know what did just happen.

[Pot:4]
Your whole body begins to emit a golden glow, but it soon fades away.

The wall you have been staring while being concentrated on having your diction not fail you begins to glow, but, as with your body, it faded away.

That was slightly helpful

Head to the portal room trying out a new word

Erante Entam

((I have no idea if this will work))

[Spd:6-1-1=4] ((This is a check to see if you actually manage to do an action after this))

You shout some words:

A golden line appears in front of you, shakes frantically and then jumps after you, just phasing through you chest.

Then you jog to the Portal room, to encounter a dead body, blood, and two people, one of them an emaciated and alien humanoid with sharp claws.

RIP, those three guys. We hardly knew ye and barely cared.

+1 Pool
Clean off my boot.

"Well. It seems that we've slain another knave. Perhaps we should find another area, free of such bodies, until such time as they have been removed by whatever dark forces maintain this strange place?"

Also, repair my hammer with the ring.

You clean off both your boot and the hammer with the clothes from Thrakor's body, then head to the Greenhouse Room, alongside Derm. You also rub your ring against your hammer, which is a really tedious task.

As you entered the Greenhouse Room, some of those cylindrical repairers came out, which begun rolling over the two holes in the ground in the hallway. They were joined by two floating pyramidal beings made from a translucent golden substance holding some black substance in their insides. Also, two bigger entities made of spinning balls emerged from the wall, near the floor, just phasing through it. These beings proceeded to float above the two corpses in the room. First, the assorted bits of flesh and bone from both your boot and hammer were pulled to the rotating spheres of them, and the whole bodies were soon totally pulled, until they were touching the central black sphere. Then the most horrific act happened: the components of the bodies were brutally yanked away and pulled towards a different sphere each; bones to the white one, viscera and flesh to a red one, and blood the other red sphere. The components encircled their respective spheres, the bones producing disturbing cracking sounds as they broke to be able to fully embrace the circumference of the white sphere. And then, each mass begun to slowly recede, like if it had been absorbed by the sphere, until the only thing that remained: some bits of cloth that lazily fell to the ground, only to be absorbed by one the pyramids that hovered over them and opened, which then proceeded to begin sucking the gaseous wall, a task in which was helped by the other pyramid, that by this time had absorbed and made disappear the gooey chair, notably reducing the amount of blackish matter on its inside. After the pyramids ended the operation, some short but wide tunnels could be seen leading to the wall, near the floor. The cylindrical creatures begun to roll vertically, defying gravity, to fix the wall, until the tunnels could not be seen. Then all these creatures phased through the walls, one of the pyramids going through a place where you remember one of the tunnels was.

Well, that was a disturbing thing to see to make you forget the tedium you were doing. Fortunately, now you hammer is fine.

You ponder briefly about what happened to The Flimsy Wizard. Could it be possible that he was sucked by the pyramids? Well, he almost couldn't move, actually, and you left him there. Maybe he was seen as another kind of science by-product? You are not sure. Well, not that he could have survived much more anyway.

Meanwhile, Derm seems to be trying to cast a spell:
Movement and science.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A golden line appears, then begins to draw a big spear, bigger than what you would have expected. It is also a bit thicker, and has a crank attached to a cog on one of its sides. With a flash of light, the spear materializes into iron. You can see that there is a little hollow point on the edge of the spear, and that heat is coming out of it. You pick it up, realizing that it is quite heavy, but that you could still use it as a crutch if needed, but you will need to use both arms to use it as such, rather than one. In fact, you would be using it as a kind of vaulting pole to move, doing little jumps, but without needing to drop it. Using the crack until it stops shows that it is able to pull back the head from the edge of the spear, thus making you able to activate or deactivate the searing pain at will. Well, the fire would also cauterize any kind of wound you make on flesh, so maybe this was not the best idea. oh, well, you were doing science anyway.

-Clockwork iron/fire spear:
[Piercing weapon]
[Two-handed]
[Heavy]
[Minor burning. This also cauterizes flesh wounds] (Currently on)
[Energy based:7/7]

And there is still magic mojo to do more science!

A golden line appears and wiggles. Wigglity wigglity.

Miol appears in the Magma Room. Yeah, it is hot, everybody knows that already

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Killehellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

More science is needed.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Huh, I guess the book isn't color-coded for convenience. I thought the red page was elements. That, or it's a different code. Also, I can't wait until I find the full body word. I'm gonna be a clockwork orc hillbilly.))

"The hell was that? Oh well, only way to figure it out is to read more. And momma said reading ain't never done nothin' for nobody. Ha!" Robert remarks before looking for more words in the book.

G-836 Copeus
G-845 Aeem
G-895 Tisuiiamri

Or, if attacked and I still have pool, try to Rateraiustum Periamquaes them./b]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:33:15 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Huh, I guess the book isn't color-coded for convenience. I thought the red page was elements. That, or it's a different code. Also, I can't wait until I find the full body word. I'm gonna be a clockwork orc hillbilly.))

"The hell was that? Oh well, only way to figure it out is to read more. And momma said reading ain't never done nothin' for nobody. Ha!" Robert remarks before looking for more words in the book.

R-597 Riarneest
R-655 Busius
R-741 Antsequeet

Color coded for another kind of convenience. For the survivability kind of convenience, specifically.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ah. Well then, I might want to change my words for the turn.))

EDIT: ((Words have been changed.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:34:42 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Impressive weapon."

Science time!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

More words
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To escape the heat walk to the North exit of the magma room.
Say words.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

Alas, such disappoint, words don't even.

TRY AGAIN!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Begin Movement. Speak words.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Systar strolls a bit into the Portal Room.  Well, he could try a bit of this magic out...

A bit o' the ol' science!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slight change to previous turn:

Derm's spear also has this tag:
[Energy based:7/7]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Oh what
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh what
This means that you don't have fire forever. You know, to avoid perpetual use of magic and maybe overpowered things. Don't worry, eventually you will have enough knowledge so that you don't need to cast it again. If you survive, of course.

The tag only has practical effects when it gets low enough, and only affects the fire component of the weapon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 043

Alas, such disappoint, words don't even.

TRY AGAIN!

Dangdammit! Why you magic stop working when I haz coll ideaz?

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line apepars, and draws a morningstar. This time it is a one-handed weapon, which you find to be slightly better than their previous two-handed counterparts. With a flash of light, it materializes into solid diamond. It is a bit odd, you have to admit; the spiky head is arranged in a rubik-cube patter, that, while lacking the usual colours, clearly has just one square for each of the spikes. Near the handle, which has a comfy ergonomic grip unfortunately made out of diamond, there are two buttons. Hmm.

A golden line appears, splits itself into smaller ones, and draws some arrows.

Now, it should be time to toy with that morningstar of yours.

G-836 Copeus
G-845 Aeem
G-895 Tisuiiamri

Or, if attacked and I still have pool, try to Rateraiustum Periamquaes them./b]

Shouting time it is!

A golden line appears and draws a book.

Nothing happens.

Again nothing happens.

Huh, that was a waste of time.

More words
You ignore the fiendish creature which now seems to have some sort of diamond medieval weapon and do science:

Your chest glows emitting golden particles, magic seems to be willing to obey you for some reason.

Hmm.

To escape the heat walk to the North exit of the magma room.
Say words.

You walk a bit North. It doesn't change things much, actually. At least you can do science without anyone bothering you nearby, right?

A pile of styrofoam little pellets appears in front of you and some of it spills around. Now this is a mess, a comfy mess.

A thick golden line apears and draws a cage out of itself, big enough to hold various people in it. It disappears after a brief time.

A golden line appears and dances for you before disappearing.

A thick golden line appears and draws the biggest starfish you have ever seen, like, the size of yourself.

That was, educational?

Begin Movement. Speak words.

[Spd:5-1-1=3]

You take a leisure walk to the Portal ROom as you say some words:

[Pot:5]
You can almost feel like if nothing itself is moving in front of you.

[Pot:5]
Your left foot begins to emit a golden glow, that slowly fades away.

You screw everything up, you get nothing.

Again, you get nothing.

Ditto.

[Pot:6]
The thought of an infernal place invades your head. Demonic servants flying over the ruins of a scorched city, being pillaged by hordes of horned devils carrying dead bodies, while being supervised by humanoid overseer whose features are hidden by black armour featuring various horns protruding from its shoulder pads and helmets. On the horizon, thousands of similarly looking beings march away from you, leaving a scar of seemingly dead earth as the land itself cracked and begun to spit flames where the horde went.

That was, distressing. Yeah, that's the best way to put it.

You arrive to a place with a body, some blood, and various people, one of them being an alien with claws and a diamond morningstar.

Systar strolls a bit into the Portal Room.  Well, he could try a bit of this magic out...

A bit o' the ol' science!

You wander nearer to the alien humanoid, which now has a weapon, besides its claws. Yeah, you are not insane.

[Pot:5-1=4]
The alien's morningstar begins to glow, but it slowly fades away. It looks at you. You now need new underwear.

More science is needed.

Well now you have badass weaponry, so you are free to do whatever you want. Just in case, you lean against a wall and drop the spear away, before saying your first words:

Your axe-foot glows dimly, flickering for a brief time, before the glow disappears completely.

You can somehow feel a disturbance in something, near you. Yeah, as specific as that.

You believe that something emitted a brief glow, but you are not sure.

Something flies out of your hand to the floor.

Well, that was disappointing. Well, maybe not totally.

"Impressive weapon."

Science time!

After that compliment on the gut which holds the best weapon you have seen by this time, you did some science:

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and draws an ovoid object.

A chunk of plastic appears and falls to the ground near you.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Killehellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 197