Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315028 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Damn. One more time.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Well hello there. We're all not going to kill each other, right?"

Move away from the man holding nunchuks. Maybe the alien is nice. I've already seen hell, after all.

Speaking of which, let's try some of this again. Speaking words is fun. Speaking other words if people try to hurt me is less fun, but necessary.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

"Well I expect there will be some people that are really powerful so sticking together would make it easier to survive"

Words
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

"Oh look! People! I used to be People! HELLO PEOPLE!"
;D
Swing around the Morningstar, press each button in turn and observe the effects.
Don't practice with The Morningstar on people. Please.

Also words and associated science.

You ignore the fiendish creature which now seems to have some sort of diamond medieval weapon and do science:
-snip-
You arrive to a place with a body, some blood, and various people, one of them being an alien with claws and a diamond morningstar.
-snip-
You wander nearer to the alien humanoid, which now has a weapon, besides its claws. Yeah, you are not insane.
[Pot:5-1=4]
The alien's morningstar begins to glow, but it slowly fades away. It looks at you. You now need new underwear.
((Gratz to the GM for making me seem as terrifying as I regularly forget I look :P))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Public Word List (click to show/hide)

Go to the Portal Room. Portal Room PARTAY!! Say G-895 Tisuiiamri and a couple of other words on the way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More words.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did I send words? I thought I sent words. Having trouble finding them in my "sent" box...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did I send words? I thought I sent words. Having trouble finding them in my "sent" box...
Yes, you did. We are currently waiting on Toaster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That slow asshole.

Interesting.  One more thing he wanted to try...

One more thing!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 044

Damn. One more time.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Your axe-foot glows and with the predictable flash of light, becomes an inert foot again. Yay!

((Back to old stats))

This means, that you can now do science freely!

[Pot:3+1=4]
You can feel how nothing itself if being disturbed over you.

Your right arm emits a familiar golden glow, then it stops.

Now the same thing happens with your left hand.

Well, at least you have a foot, but you felt that the magic was weak this time.

Words.
You congratulate your partner on his reacquisition of the inert bodypart, then do some science yourself:

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a book. Yeah, boooooooriiiiiiing.

[Pot:5]
A blob of pitch appears in fronts of you and falls to the ground, slowly but steadily dispersing.

Maybe you can find a use for it?

"Well hello there. We're all not going to kill each other, right?"

Move away from the man holding nunchuks. Maybe the alien is nice. I've already seen hell, after all.

Speaking of which, let's try some of this again. Speaking words is fun. Speaking other words if people try to hurt me is less fun, but necessary.

No person holding diamond two-handed nunchuks is to be trusted, your grandfather said. Or maybe you are just curious about the alien. You are going to die anyway, right? It looks friendly enough (that is, he is not trying to rip you to shreads and instead is toying around with his morningstar)

Well, you have science to do:

[Pot:6]
Your left leg emits a golden glow, but it seems that the magic was expecting something more, so it faded away.

[Pot:6]
Thoughts of feathers, talons and beaks invade your mind this time. Swiftly running through the desert, flying from the sky, identifying prey from afar, but also taking care of nests, exhibiting themselves with beautiful colours, and feeding youngters. A bird's life.

[Pot:2]
Something attempted to happen, but you are not sure what.

[Pot:4]
The floor beneath you begins to glow with those golden particles. Maybe the fact that you had your arm just lying and perpendicular to it had something to do?

[Pot:2]
Again, you are not sure about what happened.

[Pot:1]
And now you got a brief and mild headache for some reason. Yeah, things are only getting better.

More words.

Well, maybe you find something useful this time?

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears and draws a huge leg out of itself.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a golden line. It moves. Then it disappears. You are not impressed

A golden line appears and draws a short humanoid. Or so you think it is. You are sure that you coudl draw better than that.

Spoiler: Public Word List (click to show/hide)

Go to the Portal Room. Portal Room PARTAY!! Say G-895 Tisuiiamri and a couple of other words on the way.

You begin going to the Portal Room, and shout a word:

Nothing happens! How exiting!

Well, but at least you can do your private science while you cross the infinite abyss through the bridge. Just so that your mind gets distracted muttering bullshit and watching pretty lights.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws some bolas. Yeah, those stones joined held together by a string that are used to trip wild animals.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Now one of those polearms that the samurai used to use appears. Those cutting ones, that seem to have a reversed scythe on the end of the stick. Hmm, you think that those are called naginatas.

You arrive to a room in which there is a guy with two-handed diamond nunchucks, an alien with sharp claws and a diamond morningstar, some bearded guy and another dude in a bathrobe sporting an image of Harry Potter. Yeah, you are going to have fun here.

That slow asshole.

Interesting.  One more thing he wanted to try...

One more thing!

[Pot:2-1=1]
You feel like nothing itself has gotten angry for some reason. Maybe you messed with it, or killed its nothinglings, or you raped and killed its whole family. You are not really sure what actually happened there.

"Oh look! People! I used to be People! HELLO PEOPLE!"
;D
Swing around the Morningstar, press each button in turn
Don't practice with The Morningstar on people. Please.

Also words and associated science.

Your odd squeaky voice creeps everybody out, but you pay no mind.

You press a button from your morningstar. The spikes retracts, to the inside of it, producing a glassy sound that is utterly uncomfortable. Pressing the button again, the spikes come back. It is worth mentioning that the holes which were left once the spikes retracted were covered by diamond parts, simulating doors, so that the morningstar doesn't have holes in it. Pressing the other buttons causes the rubik-cube interface to begin moving, the squares interchanging laces, until all the spikes are facing the same side. Well, it gives the morningstar more pokey capacity. You press the button again, and the interface moves the spikes back to their original places.

Swinging the morningstar around brings enough information for you to conclude that it can be swung as a normal morningstar should.

Well now you can do science, having relieved of your mind the curiosity.

A golden line draws a whip.

Nothing happens.

Now a square with a handle appears.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears and draws the hell of a squid. That would be scary had it been alive. Or probably pathetic as it choked on air, you don't know.

"Well I expect there will be some people that are really powerful so sticking together would make it easier to survive"

Words

Nobody cares about your sayings. You are going to kill them anyway, right? Well, at some point in the future.

A golden line appears and draws a pair of fangs. Well, a small pair of fangs. With a flash of light they materialize into...fire? And they  fall to the ground. You are sure that touching them is a bad idea, and that they have no practical use.

The magic lingering on your chest is still there, doing nothing, and awaiting some orders, apparently.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Killehellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Now with less murder and more SCIENCE
« Reply #1106 on: June 10, 2014, 09:45:22 am »

Definitely going to have to fix that later.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:48 am »

Screw the pitch, for you see, there is science to do. I'll understand everything when with this I am through. There's spellcasting to be done and experiments to run, so enjoy while we're all still alive.

Words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 11, 2014, 03:53:37 am »

Uhh...

More words?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 11, 2014, 08:24:40 am »

Time to WORDs my chest
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 197