Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314844 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Where everything can go wrong!
« Reply #1185 on: June 26, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »

MAKO TIME.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 26, 2014, 09:20:08 pm »

MAKO TIME.
Freaky Fish Guy! You came back!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:42 pm »

I MADE A SONG
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 26, 2014, 10:41:01 pm »

Movement and some WORDS on the way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 27, 2014, 08:09:30 am »

I MADE A SONG
I may sig it, but I don't know which melody should it have. I was thinking about something like this.

Disclaimer: it is my sister who watches Disney Channel.

How the hell did he punch Iron
He didn't. He slammed your head into the ground.
It's also worth noting the rather large roll differences. And a successful head attack. And noting that you only gained the [mauled] state, you'd be KO if you were flesh methinks. There is no such thing as invincible in Perplexicon... barring maybe Igor the Invincible over there, we're yet to see how that works out!
Actually, he would have just [Pain II] if he had been flesh. A "knocked unconcious" is a 6.

And maybe it should be time to say that [Mauled] means that the limb has endured half the damage needed to be severed.

Lack of flexibility is the disadvantage of non-fleshy forms.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 27, 2014, 02:48:11 pm »

That just means I need to get a spongy outer shell over an inner core of hardness.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 27, 2014, 03:07:29 pm »

That just means I need to get a spongy outer shell over an inner core of hardness.
More or less.

A song is not a song unless it has rhythm, melody and armony. Without this what you wrote is poetry. One in which some words have excess letters, but poetry nonetheless.

And I think that now I'm behaving like a snob. Fine, I'm sigging that right now. YOU WIN, THIS TIME.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 27, 2014, 03:10:23 pm »

Did you never hear that song?

Do you believe in magic

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 27, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »

More or less.

A song is not a song unless it has rhythm, melody and armony. Without this what you wrote is poetry. One in which some words have excess letters, but poetry nonetheless.

And I think that now I'm behaving like a snob. Fine, I'm sigging that right now. YOU WIN, THIS TIME.

I didn't realize a song had to have armony. Is that like an armory?

In all seriousness, it only really needs one of those things (to be music, at least, which is more or less the same). Otherwise, people wouldn't be able to sing by themselves(since you can't really do harmony by yourself, and it's a choice of either rhythm or melody, in most cases).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

Did you never hear that song?

Do you believe in magic
I knew it, but I didn't associate the names.

More or less.

I didn't realize a song had to have armony. Is that like an armory?

In all seriousness, it only really needs one of those things (to be music, at least, which is more or less the same). Otherwise, people wouldn't be able to sing by themselves(since you can't really do harmony by yourself, and it's a choice of either rhythm or melody, in most cases).
I apologize for the typo, I wrote that in a hurry.

Anyway, what I wrote are components of the formal (?) definition of music. It doesn't mean that it has to be accepted as such, anyway. But, as a counterargument, I could say that somebody singing a capella is producing a melody, but not music. It all depends if you consider that a full piece or not.

And I definitely don't want to become the successor of GWG, so I won't continue the argument further.

Actual stuff relevant to the game:

We are still waiting on RathofSTS to post an action, so that I can finish and post the turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 27, 2014, 07:30:48 pm »

I had no intent on continuing such a debate, as it's silly, and I was just trying to poke fun at you. :P

What if a bunch of mages got together and sang words, though? Could it be music then?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 27, 2014, 08:49:37 pm »

Attack magic.

((Sorry for the delay.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 28, 2014, 10:06:28 am »

Turn 049

How the hell did he punch Iron?  >:(

MAKO TIME.

Do you believe in Magic?

[Derm and Mako spd:4+2-1=5/2=3] ((Rounded up))
[Systar spd:1-1=0]

[Derm str:1-1=0]
[Mako str:4+1=5]

Mako decides to change his strategy and go for the shiny thing. He yanked the spear away from Derm's hands and rolled away from him, then stood up. Derm used this time to stand up too.

And now, Mako thinks, it's time to stab some metal heads!

[Mako dex:2+1-1-1=0] ((I'm considering making the penalty for trying to stab a head a -2. You know, its round and all that. Either that or make the smooth surface also affect attempts at stabbing.))
[Derm dex:2+1-1-2=0]

The spear bounces off Derm's shiny head, leaving a mark. If it had been his car he would have been angry. As it is his face he is exploding with rage.

But someone enters into the fray: a bearded guy with a bow. A bow made from the same material as that alien guy from before. Hmm, may there be a connection there? Well, there is no time to think, as he appears to e trying to fire it!

[Systar str:3+1=4] ((-1 for the bow, +1 for the arrows))

[Systar dex:6-1+1=6]
[Mako dex:2+1=3]

He draws the bow and aims... at Mako! He can't react in time, and soon there is an obsidian arrow embedded in his leg, drawing a dangerous yet not lethal amount of blood.

Mako now has:[Bleeding II]

And that was a twist!

[from within the purple cloud]
*sigh* "Grenade test, failure."

"Need more power for expeditious science... Perhaps I should get on that."

Murderstroll. It's Reaping time.
Time to Reap the rewards. A Reap of faith. Reap someone a new one.
Also some science.

You notice how the guy who you gave the bow leaves the room. Bah, you didn't need him anyway. Better do science alone:

[Pot:6+1=7]
You get a huge, floating chunk of chitin. Hmmm. You observe it, it doesn't seem to be moving. You try to touch it... and you can't. Your alien hands go through it. It seems that you can't interact with it in any way. It just stays there, you can't really say that it is floating, because maybe it doesn't even do an action. Well, it exists...or not? How can you know if it actually exists and it is not in your mind? Or how could you think that something exists if it doesn't affect the world in any way? This is giving you a headache.

Fine, lets do more science:

[Pot:2+1=3]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:6+1=7]
You get a golden line which draws a huge knife. For knife standards, that is, as it doesn't reach the short-sword size.

Movement and some WORDS on the way.

First, you say some words:

[Pot:4+1=5] ((You lucky bastard...))
All your body begisn to emit a golden glow, which slowly fades away. You can feel that the magic is still there, though, waiting for you to call upon it.

You go thorough the endless abyss again and reach the Grand Room. There the alien guy is staring at a big piece of chitin, so you keep walking until you reach the East Hallway.

Whelp back to trying to get appendicitis I suppose.

More words, now that you are crippled:

[Pot:1]
You mess up with something, in some way.

[Pot:2]
Again, something is disturbed somewhere. This time you know that it is close to you.

[Pot:2]
Now you catch the glimpse of a glow, but you don't know form where it came.

[Pot:1]
And you fucked up with something again! Magic is distressing!

[Pot:4]
A bunch of nothingness flies to the guy with the diamond eastern weapon thing as he leaves the room.

[Pot:6]
Now your left arm glows strongly, but it fades away, like if magic was bored and without an actual order.

Attack magic.

((Sorry for the delay.))

I am the best wizard.

[Igor spd:4-1=3]
[Miol spd:3-1=2]

Igor launches forward to grab Miol:

[Igor dex:1-1=0]
[Miol dex:6]

But he only walks forward with his arms extended in a zombie-like fashion, a questionable decision. Miol, on the other hand, reacts with a clever plan: he puts himself in range, and casts a spell:

[Miol pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears roughly in Igor's path, and begins drawing a huge cage, with thick bars. As soon as Igor enters it, the line materializes into solid...coal? Well, that's something, at least. And maybe quite good, considering that there is a lava moat nearby.

Igor is disappointed that he now can't get near to cast his spell and, to make things worse, he is caged. Well, at least the bars should be easy to break, or at least they would be for someone with moderate force.
((You have to roll for str to break the cage))

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 28, 2014, 10:11:55 am »

I think you'll find that you now have quite a bit more opposition than you intended, Mako boy. MY TEAM MAY BE DEAD, BUT THE ASHES SHALL SPRING FORTH ANEW!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 28, 2014, 10:58:54 am »

Forgot to mention it: the entity has finished killing the animal and has left the room with its stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 197