Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315087 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: 50 turns, 13 deaths. Keep it up, guys!
« Reply #1215 on: July 01, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE WAAAAAAGGHH!!!!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 01, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »

Stay out of that fight. Focus pot. 420 blaze it
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »

Magic!

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 02, 2014, 06:10:30 am »

Hey Mr GM, if I fired HOT HAIR HAMSTERS at people, would that count as an attack, or more like forcibly giving people warm plushies, and therefore retain full pool-gen?

Also, Turn Things later. Going to LAN with the best friend. Saints Row IV. Now with vodka and other miscellaneous alcohols. This aught to be interesting, intelligent humor with coherent sophistication.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 02, 2014, 07:25:30 am »

Change to Turn 050

After an incident that involved a confused GM and what seemed like 20 PMs, a slight change has to be done to the former turn, regarding an action that I didn't execute properly.

So, the extract from the turn that involves Beirus' character is now as follows:

HELL YEAH! TA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!

[Robert pot:4+1=5]
[Mako dex:5+1-1=5]

"What da freaking hell is that?"-Mako's thoughts upon being attacked by a naginata-wielding diamond orc.

While he couldn't evade it, the orc, instead of attacking, made a bunch of fire appear in front of him, But Mako fortunately evaded it.

At the end, now Mako is not bleeding from his neck. Ths extract will be edited into the turn.

Hey Mr GM, if I fired HOT HAIR HAMSTERS at people, would that count as an attack, or more like forcibly giving people warm plushies, and therefore retain full pool-gen?

If you fire something at people, that is an offensive action, it is not important if they are the cutest bunnies in existence or razor-firing dragons. Why? Because said bunnies could exlode, dissolve flesh on touch, shoot magma out of their mouths or be possessed by a lovecraftian horror if you had desired so (with enough science), and that could end up with me having to point out whether something is dangerous or not beforehand (which is something that can spoil many plans). So, no, you can't.

If you want to give them something, you will have to hand it to them, and they will have to accept them willingly. Otherwise, no.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:23 am »

"I want to give you...a hug!"
"No fuck off."
"but...hugs!"
"I said no!"
"I WILL HUG YOU DAMNIT"
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 03, 2014, 10:45:23 am »

...Why? Because said bunnies could exlode, dissolve flesh on touch, shoot magma out of their mouths or be possessed by a lovecraftian horror...
BEST. BUNNIES. EVER.

Also turn in 12 hours or so. Hoping. My internet has been so bad on my phone I've shelled out for the uni res wifi. Bah. But it does mean I'll update a little better. When I'm not so tired. So tomorrow.

TURN EDIT: HERE WE GO! ATTAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:49:17 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 06, 2014, 06:15:29 pm »

I think I sent in an action but maybe not
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 06, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »

Keep fighting.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 06, 2014, 06:18:35 pm »

I think I sent in an action but maybe not
You didn't, but now that I check the previous PM and the former turn, I notice that I missed four words from you. I will edit it briefly, but I still need an action for this turn (the rest is done)

EDIT: editting done.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 06, 2014, 06:34:10 pm »

Well then words must be said.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 06, 2014, 06:44:36 pm »

Turn 051

Retrieve dem arrows.

INVINCIBLE MAKO.

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE WAAAAAAGGHH!!!!

[Mako spd:4]
[Systar spd:2]
[Robert spd:5-1+1=5] ((You need a difference of 3 to catch the fleeing character mid-chase))

Mako keeps running until he reaches the Arcane Room. Hey, there are many weird lasers here! Wait, no, you are bleeding, you have to focus:

[Dex:6+1=7]
You quickly rip about a whole sleeve from your robe and tie it tightly to your leg, after removing the arrow. The bleeding will subside, or at least it seems so. You wonder what can you do with that obsidian arrow.

Obsidian arrow acquired ((See Toaster's sheet for details))

Wait, is that the ninja ork? Dammit!

[Robert pot:1+1=2]
The ork rushes to Mako and makes some pretty sparks. Mako stares at him, until someone else arrives through the other side of the room:

[Systar str:5+1=6]

[Systar dex:1+1-1=1]
[Mako dex:5+1=6]

And the arrow was fired with incredible speed, only to end up hitting one of the crystal pyramids on the wall.

As you didn't answer which kind of focus you wanted, the RNG will decide for you. Yay!

d2:1

You extend your arms to your sides and scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" as your metal hair begins to rearrange itself until it points upwards.

The badass feel is lost and replaced by an awkward one after five seconds when it turns boring, and you notice that nobody is watching you.

TURN EDIT: HERE WE GO! ATTAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Magic!

Quote from: NAV
PM

[Bigf01t spd:6-1+1-1=5]
[Miol spd:3-1=2]
[Igor spd:3-1=2]

Bigf01t goes to investigate the sounds from the possible victims people in the Magma Room. Hey, there are two guys here. Hmm, which one do I kill? Oh, I know! SLL OF THEM *Evil laugh*

[Bigf01t pot:2+1=3]

[Bigf01t dex:2+1+1=4]
[Igor dex:5-1=4]
[Miol dex:2]

A thin wall of a green acid liquid forms and shoots forwards, towards the place where the alien guy was pointing. Igor quickly ducked it, but Miol, on the other hand, didn't see it coming. The acid, which was actually not much, at all, hit him in the chest, causing some painful burns and also making some blood to spurt out of Miol's chest.

Miol now has:
[Bleeding I]
[Minor burns]

And now, to finish him!

[Bigf01t dex:2+1+1=4]
[Miol dex:2-1=1]

[Bigf01t str:3-1=2]
And the morningstar catches Miol's chest, like if the burns hadn't been enough. The spikes don't pierce much, though, so it just hurts, from the kind of pain that doesn't involve losing internal fluids, which is way better than the one that does.

Spd tie:

[Igor spd:5]
[Miol spd:5]

((I hate you, random.org!))

Spd tie v.2:

[Igor spd:1]
[Miol spd:3]

As Bigf01t decides to let them maul each other to death, Miol rushes to Igor and shouts a couple words:

[Miol pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a stinger.

But Igor doesn't want to wait, IGOR GRAB!

[Igor dex:6-1=5]
[Miol dex:2]

[Igor str:6-1=5]
[Miol str:3-1=2]

Miol was terribly bear hugged by the scarred beast when the stinger materialized into electricity, falling into Igor:

[Igor end:5] ((Plus all his bonuses))

But he didn't pay attention to it, and, instead, said his own spell:

[Igor pot:2-1=1]
[Igor end:5] ((Pus everything again))

And a bunch of static got through Igor's back, for what again he didn't seem to bother, instead opting for plan B:

[Igor dex:1-1-1=-1]
[Miol dex:2-1=1]

Igor's ugly faced tried to kiss Miol's with its teeth, but a fair amount of wiggling (and some spitting) prevented the teeth from tearing a part of his face.

Well, all is progressing normally so far. Except from this romantic couple here.

Well then words must be said.

[Pot:1]
[Will:6]
Your left pinky turns into a purplish fog and flies to that wall you can't get out of your head.

[Pot:6]
[Dex:5+2=7]

A bigger purple fog appears in front of you and flies towards the wall again. Your instincts tell you to not stand in it, and you do so.

[Pot:5]
Now the nothingness is confused. Part of the nothingness in the purple for you have been staring decided to move slightly down. May it have to do with something related to your facial features and their corresponding place in your face?

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: A lovely couple!
« Reply #1227 on: July 06, 2014, 06:55:56 pm »

As you didn't answer which kind of focus you wanted, the RNG will decide for you. Yay!

d2:1

You extend your arms to your sides and scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" as your metal hair begins to rearrange itself until it points upwards.

The badass feel is lost and replaced by an awkward one after five seconds when it turns boring, and you notice that nobody is watching you.

...what? What do you mean what kind of focus? Isn't there only the one?

I... wasn't asked what I wanted to focus. And I did say what I wanted to focus. Pot. Potency. You know, magic?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:09:00 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 06, 2014, 07:20:13 pm »

Same word, same target. You know which word, right? If that fails, make with the Naginata slashing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 06, 2014, 07:22:27 pm »

I think he meant what kind of flavor, so you got the DBZ flavor (which is canon.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 197