Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314622 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Never eat an energy field bigger than your head.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Okay what the fuck.

Another 1, really.

Ughhhhh.

Time to turn my entire left leg into so much dead weight, I suppose...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Oh hello friend. Welcome to the association of the thaumaturgically removed amputee club. Take a seat, you won't be standing much longer.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Oops, my bad Mr. Ork!  I should paint my bow red for MORE DAKKA.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try something new.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WARTIME.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Maybe electrocuting myself isn't the best strategy?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

Oh hello friend. Welcome to the association of the thaumaturgically removed amputee club. Take a seat, you won't be standing much longer.

This. Much yes.

Also:

MORE NECROSIS MIST! MORE GENTLE PATTING WITH SPIKY THING!

Truth be told, it isn't actually working out all that badly, it's just not very effective.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay what the fuck.

Another 1, really.

Ughhhhh.

Dead weight? No. It is more like deadly weight. It is actively trying to kill you. Have fun.

You certainly are specialized in lightning magic, but to be effective you should have probably put a point in pot. You know, so that this doesn't happen.

Also, I'm regretting the mechanics of failures in hazardous materials. But the other option could even be somewhat exploity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Actually, if you're not hurting yourself, giving someone a bearhug then zapping yourself is a plausible move.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, if you're not hurting yourself, giving someone a bearhug then zapping yourself is a plausible move.
Yeah, no. The main point of the mechanics I'm trying to use for a failed lightning is "You only zap yourself". Because that could get exploity like that.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Yeah, no. The main point of the mechanics I'm trying to use for a failed lightning is "You only zap yourself". Because that could get exploity like that.
Yeah, I already tried that and it didn't work.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Okay what the fuck.

Another 1, really.

Ughhhhh.

Dead weight? No. It is more like deadly weight. It is actively trying to kill you. Have fun.
Yes, I got that, i understand it's trying to kill me. Thus why I am going to kill it, making it dead weight.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Okay, what if I get spiky metal piercings and stab them into someone, then electrocute myself?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, what if I get spiky metal piercings and stab them into someone, then electrocute myself?
More like if you are totally made of metal. And that is actually detrimental to your own possibilities of resisting electricity. So no, no exploiting game mechanics!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 197