Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314886 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Telepath bunnies! Talking planks!
« Reply #1485 on: September 15, 2014, 07:49:52 am »

Turn 065

Quick, Derm, put those two together with fullbody!  Surely nothing bad will happen!

"That's my line!  You're just jealous of the hammer."

Why are his legs not broken yet?

Because I like my legs.

As the Dark Mage prepares to dodge the incoming strike from Systar, obviously aimed to the knee, Systar, well, just tries to hit him. Yeah, nothing has changed in his strategy.

[Systar dex:5-1+1=5]
[Zolond dex:2+1=3]

[Systar str:2-1=1]

But the strike is laughable at most. On the other hand, as he could finally touch him, that means that nobody would eventually make fun out of him again! With that joke, of course.

Well, in that case...
Wait for pool to regenerate! Poke the air skull if it's still there. Focus potency.

You poke the air skull, it desintegrates as you touch it. You didn't feel anything special while doing so. Maybe because it was made of the exact same matter you are in contact with at every moment of your life? Who knows?

You concentrate to increase your magic potential. You hair becomes stiff, and each individual hair seems to be attracted upwards, as you increase your magic ability:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DELICIOUS SCIENCE IS DELICIOUS

Hehehe, you will soon unveil the dark secrets behind all of this! Muahahahahaha-*Cough, cough* Well, better practice that evil laugh for later.

[Pot:6]
The nothingness at your right is disturbed.

[Pot:2]
Now the nothingness is disturbed again, but in an odd way. You can't quite feel where, unfortunately.

You are filled with thoughts. The grass is caressing your fur as you lie in wait, in the shadows. A few meters away, your prey is having its last supper, ignoring its imminent demise. Not only it seems to be totally unaware of your presence, but also has decided to move near you, towards the lush grass that prevents it from seeing you. You wait until it has grown confident enough, then jump out, claws extended towards your prey. A very one-sided fight erupts, until your fangs pierce your prey's neck and it stops moving after a brief time.

Huh, more of this crap.

Now the nothingness is arranged in an unbelievably thin and long straight line, extending to who knows where.

Darn it, Derm.

More maghick. Shammit, shou should fix shour mouth shoon.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Nothing happens!

[Pot:4+1-1=4]
A golden line appears, then fractions itself into four smaller line, each one of them twisting themselves until four hamsters, the size of your thumb, are floating in front of you. As it is common, they soon banish.

[Pot:2+1-1=2]
A golden line appears! It wants to dance! Wooo, let's do the line dance! No, seriously, you either suck at drawing with magic, or can perform complicated and coordinated multitasking with lines. This is detrimental to anybody's prospects of making fun out of you. Well, at least you still talk funny.

[Pot:4+1-1=4]
Nothing happens!

You get a little bit of a black dust.

"Oh. Well this is just getting annoying."
Indeed, it is.

Magic:

Nothing happens!

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a stinger.

Now a pair of hooves appear.

A golden line appears and draws a dwarf. Wait, no, that is a dwarf with horns. Is there any kind of mythological creature like that?

Huh, thought I did something here already.

Let's do something crazy!

[Pot:3+1=4]
Your axe glows, and with a flash of light, you see that it has changed! Now its edge is made from an ever changing octariney color. And it has lost the skull and the wolf heads! Now it sports many different kinds of odd runes, all of them connected in some kind of odd drawings, depicting feathered serpents and the like. Well, you guess that it is badass enough!

Arcane-diamond axe:
[Two-handed]
[Energy based:4/4]
-1 to dex attacks because it is still heavy!

TURN it around!

[Pot:3+1=4]
You flash with light, and then you are human again. "Hey, so you originally looked like that?" Planky interjects. You confirm his assumption and then activate the magic. With a flash of light, now you are covered in shiny steel, somewhat carved to look like circuitry. Maybe it is circuitry, but you don't really know. Looking at your hands, you see some holes in the edge of your fingers, and a pair of buttons over each of your wrists. You press on eof them, and a pair of biometal claws emerge from the tip of your fingers. Hell yeah. "Yes, that's too cool" Plaky says-"Wait, you didn't move your mouth. This means that now you can talk this way. Well, it doesn't seem to be really THAT useful, you know"

Futuristic steel-Biometal form:
[Smooth surface]
[Soft]
[Yields]
[Naturally sharp] Can be turned on and off!

You then have a talk with Planky. You ask it what does it want to do, to which he answers:

"I want to know the world, to know everything! I want to experience every possible experience possible! Wait-not so much, maybe just be able to gain some independence, you know. I'm kind of bored having to watch always the same things. Can you give me a humanoid shape?"

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Telepath bunnies! Talking planks!
« Reply #1486 on: September 15, 2014, 08:00:55 am »

Knee, break, you know the drill.  Might as well overdrive a dex point since I think the cooldown's off

Woo saving myself a PM!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Not much progress regarding killing.
« Reply #1487 on: September 15, 2014, 11:14:35 am »

Hm.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 15, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

Back to Science!
(also, my character sheet says that I still have blocked pool regen for 1 turn)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 15, 2014, 04:56:35 pm »

Back to Science!
Forgot to erase it, correcting it...

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 15, 2014, 07:14:41 pm »

"My dark gods demands your soul."

Lets get on with that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:41:29 pm by RogueArchivist »

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 16, 2014, 08:43:18 am »

"Yay! It worked!.. Mostly!"

((In my player info it still says I don't have an inventory... Do I? I hope I do after that.))

"Hmm, Planky, you've been quite reasonable and friendly in our short time together... Ok, if that's what you want, I'll help.. Just one problem, I don't know the word for a human shape.

The closest I have i Troll or Goblin/Ork. Unless you want to try being a Lion or a Bear?"

Do some SCIENCE while I wait for Planky.

((Also; yea. I'm going to change my character talking color with each new form I take to better match it. It only makes sense that as my voice changes, so should it's "flavor"... right?))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 16, 2014, 09:03:41 am »

((In my player info it still says I don't have an inventory... Do I? I hope I do after that.))
I thought that I had copied the new abilities over that part. Anyway, you can grab stuff now if you so desire.

Also, all your stuff is still there, because the room hasn't been empty. I gave up on registering all the stuff there a lot of time ago. There are like three bodies in the room, with many weapons and things.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:26 pm »

Different science.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 18, 2014, 12:28:00 am »

I thought that I had copied the new abilities over that part. Anyway, you can grab stuff now if you so desire.

Also, all your stuff is still there, because the room hasn't been empty. I gave up on registering all the stuff there a lot of time ago. There are like three bodies in the room, with many weapons and things.
I had, what, paper and cloth? Maybe if I could pick up the cloth again; it's relatively useful stuff. Not that *I* bleed anymore. Might still be able to make a sling out of it or something, or a pouch. Or a hat. Or a tea cosy. Or with some magic make it sentient, mobile and set it on people.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 18, 2014, 05:31:42 am »

Or with some magic make it sentient, mobile and set it on people.
Now we are getting creative.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 18, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

Hmmm.

I have a theory...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 19, 2014, 01:35:55 pm »

Turn 066

Knee, break, you know the drill.  Might as well overdrive a dex point since I think the cooldown's off

Woo saving myself a PM!

"My dark gods demands your soul."

Lets get on with that.

[Systar spd:4-1=3]
[Zolond spd:1]

The bearded guy strikes again! He hopes he can do better this time with such a shitty weapon!

[Systar dex:2+1+1-1=3]
[Zolond dex:5]

But this is getting too repetitive for the dark mage, who just sidesteps Systar and yawns, then tries to unleash a spell:

[Zolond pot:5+1=6]

[Zolond dex:3+2=5]
[Systar dex:2+1-1=2]

Another huge fireball appears and flies in Systar's direction! He was too angry to evade it! He was caught in the flames, that burned him and made his burns even nastier! Meanwhile, Zolond also had to cover his precious face so that the fire didn't pay him a visit too. The visit arrived at his non-burned arm, though, because he was intercalating the arms that will be burned, in a kind of masochistic OCD.

Systar's burns are upgraded to [Burned]

Now Zolond's left arm has [Minor burns]

((Funny thing, this was the turn where the burns would have disappeared. Only Zolond's burns on his right arm did so, because they didn't receive more hate.))

Hm.

More science, this time with less mistakes from the puppeteer!

[Pot:2+1=3]
Nothing happens!

[Pot:6+1=7]
A big blob of some liquid appears and falls to the ground. Judging by the smell, it is gasoline. Please, don't light matches near it.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a circle, but it is slightly convex in shape. You are not sure what it is.

[Pot:5+1=6]
An almost transparent golden substance appears in front of you and begins to push everything near it away, the gasoline you summoned a few seconds ago is moved until there is a little place in the floor without gasoline. But the strange substance soon vanishes and gasoline fills that little space again.

Nothing happens, yet again!

Back to Science!
Let's try to avoid death while doing science!

[Pot:2+1+1=4]
[Dex:4]
A blob of magma appears and falls to the ground. You instinctively jump back, avoiding some dangerous burns in your feet. The magma starts to ignite some of the bulbous plants.

[Dex:5]
Now a blob of a green liquid appears, and your reflexes, fortunately for you, work as well as before. The liquid begins to dissolve the magma lying around, then carving s hole in the floor, until there is no more of the substance to keep dissolving stuff.

A part of the air in front of you seems to have turned purplish, but it lasts a short time before it dissolves.

Well, that was dangerous.

((Burns have healed!))

Snip

You ask Planky with your mind, and he answers: "I'd rather have some way to manipulate stuff, I mean hands, but then I don't care about how I look. I wasn't scared at you after all."-He lies still for a few moments, its eyes, carved out of the chunk of wood, looking at the floor, and then it seems to have an idea, and he asks:"Can you make me telepathic too? Then we could talk without having to move our mouths! That would be awesome!"

You ponder about that information, and meanwhile do science:

A thick golden line appears, and draws a pair of big arm-guards. With a flash of light, they materialize into obsidian, and they hasty fall to the floor, making some cracks. They are too heavy for you to wear comfortably, and too big to even fit you.

A golden line appears and wiggles.

A big chunk of crystal appears and falls to the ground.

Huh.

Different science.

Let's try to be useful!

You get a chunk of diamond and a piece of chitin.

[Pot:+1=]
You get another piece of diamond, that falls to the ground, makes an oddly empty sound, and lies in contact with the other piece of diamond. It seems to be, um, absorbing it? The first piece of diamond seems to be stuck, but at the same time seems to be receding, in the place where it is touching the newer piece.

Quote from: EP
PM
Well, more science for the Science God! You are not sure if said God is Stephen Hawking riding a rocket propelled wheelchair, but you hope that it exists and is exactly like that.

Nothing happens!

You get a shard of something black.

You get a blade of grass.

Nothing happens. Hooray!

You get a pile of coal. It falls and some of it spreads into the gasoline. Guys, are you sure you don't want to let the world explode?

The glass rabbit is now sniffing the gasoline. Naturally, everybody hears "Sniff" ad nauseam in their minds. Fortunately, a green light seems to be coming from the Arcane Room. Ahh, isn't it good to have someone who does its job properly?

Hmmm.

I have a theory...

Science is like war, with the difference that instead of going "Divide and conquer", you have to go "Divide and research". But it is mostly the same thing, you guess. Anyway, you have to do some more specific science this time:

[Pot:1]
You get some blurry images, constantly changing until you get a headache.

[Pot:5]
You get a vision of a city. Skyscrapers taller than what you could imagine, and floating vehicles travelling around the city, with an astonishing accuracy. There are some holograms in the buildings, and everything seems so clean and coordinated. Your vision ends here.

[Pot:4]
Nothing itself flies in the directions your eyes are facing. You are still not sure what this nothingness stuff is, but you can somehow feel it.

[Pot:4]
The nothingness at the floor is disturbed somehow. You are sure that it has to do with your body positioning or something like that.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Dangerous flammable materials lying around.
« Reply #1498 on: September 19, 2014, 03:13:15 pm »

Of course I succeed on the words that don't do anything by themselves.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Dangerous flammable materials lying around.
« Reply #1499 on: September 19, 2014, 03:27:50 pm »

"Argh!"

Put him in a chokehold with the handle of the hammer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:39:45 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 197