Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314667 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces. Sheep edition.
« Reply #1590 on: October 21, 2014, 03:09:52 pm »

Magnets! How do you make em stop working?
Desintegration? That is always fun!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 21, 2014, 04:00:44 pm »

Murder time! Hopefully this doesn't backfire wildly...
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 21, 2014, 06:52:01 pm »

You could always try fire or magma, magnets loose their magnetism when heated.
I believe we have a room full.of the hot stuff around here somewhere XD or you could summon some.

TURN EDIT:

Make at least one of those silver hollow-hands wrap around the hand-le of that mace! I WANT TO WEILD THE POWER OF GREYSKULL I SHOULDN'T USE REFERENCES I BARELY REMEMBER!
Pick it up as soon as is safe. Which I hope is soon.

Also Science.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:51:03 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:02 am »

Turn 073

"The day is mine!"

Break him with the hammer.

"You have annoyed me long enough. Die."

Incredibly Dangerous Science: Take Two

[Zolond spd:4-1=3]
[Systar spd:3]
[Planky spd:2+1=3]

((Seriously?))

Take two:

[Zolond dex:5-1=4]
[Systar spd:1-1=0]
[Planky spd:1+1=2]

Zolond manages to react before his two foes decide what are they going to do to him:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears, then draws a big, reaaaaaallly big alligator, made of cogs and mechanical contraptions, much like the other creature he summoned before. With a flash of light, it materializes into electricity! Lots of raging electric arcs are what the cogs are made of, which makes difficult to notice that they are cogs. The beast looks around.

Zolond tries to control it with his will:

SURRENDER YOUR MIND TO ME!

The alligator pays him no attention, and focuses his sight in the wooden monkey.

"Damn it!", Zolond hears in his mind.

[Alligator dex:5]
[Planky dex:6+1=7]

And the alligator charges, but the monkey jumps back, now running to Zolond, knife in hand:

[Planky dex:2+1-1=2]
[Zolond dex:5-1=4]

But the sight of the alligator coming back makes the wooden monkey think it twice, and Zolond makes good use of this opportunity to roll away. Both of them stay eyeing the alligator, who now seems to want to come closer.

Systar, on the other hand, tries to squeeze this situation as much as he can:

[Systar dex:2-2+1=1]
[Zolond dex:3-1-1=1]

But Zolond reacts at the last second and Systar ends up hitting the floor between the Dark Mage's legs. That could have been painful.

The alligator begins to make some sparkling noises as its mouth vibrates, then roars, producing a sound akin to a raging thunderstorm. Then he looks at the three combatants. It seems that everyone got the message:

You. Are. Screwed.

You see the lump of the magnetic thingy: you won't defeat me!

[Pot:3+1=4]
The lump begins to glow, releasing some golden particles, then flashes with light, now becoming ink. Yeah, old dark ink, somehow with still the shape of the lump. It is not attracted to your spear any more!

Just in case, you walk away from it, towards the northern end of the hallway.

Science time:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden lien appears and draws something long, with what seems to be an articulation point in the middle.

You get some rubber balls.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Nothing happens!

You peek form this place that the obsidian skull in the Arcane Room is opening, and that the wails and moans that you are already familiar with, alongside with the ominous green light, are coming from inside of it.

Quote from: EP
PM

While the odd thing you summoned just moment ago keeps trying to move, you now try something different:

[Pot:4+1=5]
The air moves oddly in front of you. You feel for a brief moment something like little strings of air touching you, tickling you a little bit. Maybe this wasn't the best words decision.

An ominous green light is coming form the Arcane Room. Huh.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

More diamond science:

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a floating little shard of diamond. You try to touch it, and you can't, you claw just goes through it. Well, maybe it has something to do with the floating chunk of chitin near you.

Another chunk of diamond. It falls over the other chunk of diamond, colliding and sliding away. The place where they make contact has disappeared in the newer one, and it proceeds to vibrate for a brief time. Maybe it is... unstable?

Meanwhile, the sheep keep fighting. The purple one seems to have an idea and comes closer to one of the weapons lying around: an iron axe. It rubs one of its front hooves against the edge, while the silver ones tries futilely to pull it out of reach of the axe. Soon one of the hooves from the purple one is severed, and the silver one jumps backwards, examining its foe from afar. Something is going to happen here, the tension can almost be cut with a butter knife.

The purple sheep begins to emit a deep noise, its hoof-less leg beginning to vibrate:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ROAAAAAAAAAAAR

Its leg explodes into a metallic dragon head! Th sheep now seems to be having problems to move due to its weight, but its determination to finishing the other one seems to be never-ending. It points its dragon-leg towards the silver sheep:

[P sheep pot:2] ((Fixed, 5/2, rounded down.))
[P sheep dex:5-1=4]
[S sheep dex:5]

And a small ball of fire comes out of the dragon mouth! The other sheep sheep rolls to one side, barely avoiding the flames from setting it on fire.

That escalated too quickly.

TURN EDIT:

Make at least one of those silver hollow-hands wrap around the hand-le of that mace! I WANT TO WEILD THE POWER OF GREYSKULL I SHOULDN'T USE REFERENCES I BARELY REMEMBER!
Pick it up as soon as is safe. Which I hope is soon.

Also Science.

Let's see if you can finally do what you wanted to do:

[Str:2+1=3]
You keep bending the thing, not advancing much.

((You will succeed by rolling a 3 or higher now))

And, of course, the science part:

A big chink of concrete appears and falls, creating a not-negligible crack on the floor.

Nothing happens.

A golden line appears and draws a pair of boots.

Another golden line. You get, yeah. A PAIR OF GLOVES! Who needs those hands now, you are sure they aren't even comfortable.

Now a thick, golden lien appears and draws a big belt, wrestling champion-sized.

Murder time! Hopefully this doesn't backfire wildly...

Quote from: Rolepgeek
PM

[li spd:3-1=2]
[Trevor spd:2]

Trevor was going to star another round of science, but some guy in blue robes comes from the SE hallway and looks at him funny. Wait, he wants to cast a spell on him:

[li pot:5+1=6]
[Trevor dex:3]

A big mass of octariney energy appears and is shot in Trevor's direction! The energy travels more slowly than expected, and some part of it dissolving on the way, but Trevor was definitely not expecting this and tried to evade it Matrix-style. No need to say it didn't work and it ended up hitting him in his lower jaw, his lower-frontal teeth dissolving instantly.

Head: Lacks a chunk!
[Bleeding I]

Trevor's tongue attempts to rest on his lower jaw, and notices that there is place to rest, so a portion of it is now hanging from his mouth. Oh, no, he will pay for this.

SUFFETH MYTH WRATH, MAGGOTH!

He runs to the blue robed guy and says his words, better share the risks of science together:

[Trevor pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and draws a fat humanoid with tusks, which tries to punch both of you. It doesn't succeed, being immaterial and all that.

[Trevor pot:3+1=4]
[Trevor will:5-1=4]
[li will:4-1=3]
A portal opens, purple light coming from it. A purple eyeball is inside,looking at both mages. Suddenly both of them feel the piercing gaze of the eye in their very minds. Trevor manages to resist it, but the blue robed guy seems to be having problems with it. But it suddenly stops contorting, a glowing purple rune having formed in his face. He is not the asshole that attacked Trevor. Now, he is something else.

Li's first action next turn is controlled by one of the opposing forces! This doesn't mean that he won't be able to do anything on his own, though (well, maybe, depending on what does he try to do)

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Is it me, or are the turns getting larger?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Quick escalation.
« Reply #1594 on: October 24, 2014, 07:51:58 am »

"I say!"

Maybe it's time to run?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 24, 2014, 09:35:07 am »

"GOD #### DAMNIT I JUST WANT MY #### MA...."
*reads on*
"... Oh. Well that's convenient."

SCIENCE!
(No points for guessing if I'm going to make some gloves or not XD I WILL HAVE MY GLOVES! I WILL HAVE MY MACE! I HAVE INVESTED FAR TOO MUCH ENERGY INTO THIS ENTERPRISE TO QUIT NOW!)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 24, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »

Try that again...
I recall Derm running into that word a while back, and the only thing it made him do was use the exact same spell I just did. It probably won't do that, but it's likely to do something dangerous to Trevor anyways...
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 24, 2014, 06:37:20 pm »

Fix this goddamn problem it's been here for well over 2/3rds of the game goddamn.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 24, 2014, 07:28:57 pm »

Testing things.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 25, 2014, 08:26:52 am »

Try that again...
I recall Derm running into that word a while back, and the only thing it made him do was use the exact same spell I just did. It probably won't do that, but it's likely to do something dangerous to Trevor anyways...
To be fair, the opposing force wants to do at this point the same thing as you (I mean, killing him). With the difference that the force doesn't care at all about your long-term health.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 25, 2014, 01:36:11 pm »

"Well, it's progress anyway."

Action.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 28, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

We are currently waiting for Rolepgeek to post an action, the rest of the turn is practically made.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 28, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »

Nonsense.  I know there's nothing practical about making these turns; they're all totally impractical.  It's pretty much a hallmark of the genre.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 29, 2014, 03:51:50 am »

*comical sobbing*
I just want my weekly dose of science!
*more comical sobbing*

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:28 am »

Well, I have decided it, if by tomorrow he hasn't posted any actions, I will just make him dodge, and his character will die after other two turns of inactivity. I won't delay the game more because of him. My schedule is too irregular and the moments in which I have time to make a turn either are too few, or too abundant, so I have to use my time efficiently.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 197