Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314649 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Beware: unreliable magic.
« Reply #1620 on: October 31, 2014, 01:23:46 pm »

If I can survive another turn, I might actually have a chance of surviving... Quite the 'if', though.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 31, 2014, 01:48:38 pm »

If I can survive another turn, I might actually have a chance of surviving... Quite the 'if', though.
There is always a chance of surviving. The heavy burns will only last 3 turns, then will be downgraded to normal burns.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 31, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

Surviving this fight, that is. Having only one pool left isn't the most useful thing...

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 31, 2014, 03:25:39 pm »

I think I'll just dodge this turn. Maybe try some science next turn, assuming I'm still alive.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 03, 2014, 07:58:53 am »

Turn 075

I think I'll just dodge this turn. Maybe try some science next turn, assuming I'm still alive.

Kill him for God's sake.  Can I overdrive my str yet?

Systar is too tired to continue this charade, so he just goes for the kill. Zolond, on the other hand, tries to prevent that from happening:

[Systar dex:6-1+1=6]
[Zolond dex:1-1+1-1=0]

[Systar str:5+1+2-1+1=8]

But the poor crippled Zolond doesn't manage to evade the hammer. One strike and the world becomes dizzy around him, a second hit and he loses consciousness, and a damned flurry of hateful strikes slowly but steadily break his skull until it caves in and the hammer is stuck in it. Systar breathes heavily, as a white smoke comes out of the deceased's chest and goes inside Systar's.

Zolond is dead. Systar gains a stat point

Systar puts a foot over the dead head and yanks out his hammer. All this murdering thing is more complicated that what it seemed.

"I have no idea what just happened. LEG! WOOHOO! Now this other one..."

Operation: "Stop being a cripple" continues!

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears and draws a big foot. No, not the player, an actual foot. With a flash of light it materializes into wax and falls to the ground. Hmm, it is a bit too big for an actual foot. Maybe you can remove some of the extra wax? Nah, who cares. You put it below your foot-less leg.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Your leg flashes with light, and the iron spear is separated from it. Then both your whole body and the wax foot begin too glow. You hope this works as intended. With a flash of light, you are now made of biometal! And the foot too! Problem is, it is not attached to your leg. Maybe you have to use some kind of shape to actually combine them.

Biometal body:
[Light]
[Yields]
[Soft]
[Naturally sharp]

Burns changed to [Slightly mauled]

And you have back your spear!

This is just a post, not the actual action

You focus your inner dragon:

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!

Quote from: EP
PM
Like if the sheep wall made of assorted materials is not enough, you try more weird word combinations:

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a sphere. From that sphere, in six different directions, other small spheres emerge. And from these spheres, even smaller ones emerge. As you are already familiar with these fractal things, it continues ad-infinitum. It makes you wonder, can something be more fractal? Hmm, it doesn't look like something you can quantify.

-snip-

Try to stop the bleeding!

When Push comes to shove, you know what they say...

Overdrive Dex, of course! :D THAT's what they say!

Bigf01t is waiting patiently, when something comes running from the Greenhouse Room. And it is carrying a large knife. But if it is his friend Planky!

He hears in his mind: "Help meeeeeeee, I'm going to turn ba-" but he is interrupted as tiny golden particles begin to be absorbed by his body. "Damn". He flashed with light, and then he was back in his half a log form that he had when he came to the world. He sighed, now with an actual voice, and looked at you with his wooden eyes, his eyebrows, two splinters above his eyes, made an inhuman effort to form the infamous "begging dog" face. With that, he looked at you and said: "Can you help me again?"

You notice that there is a hole across his form. He has been in some fights, it seems. On the other hand, you got back the knife you gave him. But you have more important things to do now, likely, keeping an eye on those two guys:

Li instantaneously jumps to the magma moat, hoping for his arm to stop bleeding once and for all. But Trevor will use this to his advantage. As the blue robed wizard screams from the pain of the cauterization, he tries to push him:

[Trevor dex:3+1=4]
[li dex:5-1=4]

[Trevor str:5]
[li str:5-1=4]

Li manages to turn back and somewhat push with his only arm so that he doesn't fall into the magma, but he is slowly losing to the two armed guy.

Bigf01t then decides that this is an easy enough kill, so he goes for it:

[Bigf01t dex:4+1-1-1=3]
[li dex:2-2=0]

[Bigf01t str:5+1=6]
[li will:3-1=2] ((7-2=5 5/2=2.5 rounded up=3))

Bigf01t simply strolls in and sweeps the back of Li's leg with his morningstar, causing him to fall. Trevor instinctively releases him and moves his head back as the second strike comes from above over the wizard's leg. The tongue-spike of the morningstar pierces the leg as the blunt force of the impact just finishes to fracture it. Li screams in agony, not only because of the pain, but because of his soul being sucked away by the demonic head feeding off his leg. In what seemed like an eternity, he feels how he is progressively separated from his body, how he gets to float in limbo. Then how he doesn't actually feel, and then how his existence dissipates. A dark-green version of his face, still screaming in despair, travelled through the air and got sucked by the morningstar, that now, between other screams, emitted that of Li. And between other of the distorted faces that came as green smoke out of the weapon, it was his.

Li is dead. Bigf01t gains a stat point

Bigf01t removes his demonic weapon from the leg of the deceased Li, blood still dropping from the tongue that pierced the flesh. A line of with smoke emerged from the body's chest and got sucked by Bigf01t's. Damn, he missed this sensation.

Trevor just looks at Bigf01t, unsure if to call him a killstealer and get killed is a good idea.

Yet another incarnation of Mako Man Andy Ravage, this time accompanied by some guy named Igor Jr, appear in the Greenhouse Room

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Where either nobody dies, or 25% of the players does.
« Reply #1625 on: November 03, 2014, 08:05:09 am »

Well fuck, I don't have that word. Goddammit I need to get back in the action! MOAR TESTS!

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Where either nobody dies, or 25% of the players does.
« Reply #1626 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:06 am »

Um...

I feel I should probably clarify that I only intended to attack in the case where RPGeek was unable to get the kill before LostInNowhere died from his bleeding and the soul was forfeit. As a sort of mop-up crew operation.

Oops.

I mean I'm not DISAPPOINTED in this result as-per-say, a soul is a soul, but I didn't intend to kill-steal (am I reading the turn right?)
On the other plus side, it's nice to finally have an effective murder under my belt, as compared to the numerous and protracted cripplefights I've been used to, granted he STARTED crippled, but I'll take it :P

RPgeek, I'm going to PM you with a sort of compensatory prize, if you will. Feel free to take Planky's knife as well. For ALL of our sakes, mostly his, I think he needs a small breather from violence. 8)

My turn will come after RP either accepts or declines this offer.

EDIT: Oh yea, point in Speed thanks, let's be rid of this stat malus once and for all!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:18:13 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 03, 2014, 08:19:37 am »

Um...

I feel I should probably clarify that I only intended to attack in the case where RPGeek was unable to get the kill before LostInNowhere died from his bleeding and the soul was forfeit. As a sort of mop-up crew operation.

Well you didn't specify if this was supposed to happen this turn, or not. Actually, if he was going to die two turns away from this one, you shouldn't have PMed that action for this turn.

EDIT: oh, and Li had succeeded in cauterizing his arm, so, technically, Trevor couldn't kill him before he bleed out.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 03, 2014, 08:55:39 am »

Oh well, I died. Not that it was too unexpected.
I guess I'll rejoin the waitlist...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 03, 2014, 09:05:35 am »

Oh well, I died. Not that it was too unexpected.
I guess I'll rejoin the waitlist...
Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)
Waitlisted!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 03, 2014, 09:46:52 am »

That took entirely too long.  My apologizes to RogueArchivist for that dragging like that.

+1 Endurance.  Gotta manage those injuries.

Go collect arrows.  Arrow anyone who attacks me.

"I need a better weapon."

Hmmm.... can you focus Endurance?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:59:53 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 03, 2014, 09:58:57 am »

That took entirely too long.  My apologizes to RogueArchivist for that dragging like that.
Those are the whims of the RNG, rather than those of the players. It was an interesting fight, barring the 1 atrngth damage rolls. Those made it pathetic.
Hmmm.... can you focus Endurance?
Yeah, I guess.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 03, 2014, 02:15:26 pm »

I am not at all disappointed in that fight. I think I'll hold off re-waitlisting for a while though. I want to do some thinking about my build.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:54 pm »

Bigfoot has more points than me. I will not stand for this!

*Sits.*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 03, 2014, 03:20:55 pm »

Everybody back up. I'm gonna do a thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 197