Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314953 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Never give up. It usually means death here.
« Reply #2040 on: February 26, 2015, 04:17:52 pm »

Quick! Someone devise a way to make someone say "I give up..." and use it to kill people!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 26, 2015, 04:21:45 pm »

Quick! Someone devise a way to make someone say "I give up..." and use it to kill people!

Um, no, it only works with a genuine intention expressed by the player in question (94dima94 PMed me saying that he didn't have enough time to play)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 26, 2015, 04:57:50 pm »

Start with a little science
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 27, 2015, 07:39:57 am »

Move away from the Sulfur, knowing my luck...

THEN ~SCIIIIIIIENCE!~
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 27, 2015, 09:04:30 am »

Um, no, it only works with a genuine intention expressed by the player in question (94dima94 PMed me saying that he didn't have enough time to play)
Revised version: use subconscious commands to make someone genuinely want to give up!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 27, 2015, 09:09:10 am »

Revised version: use subconscious commands to make someone genuinely want to give up!
Even mind control doesn't help with that. You would have to command that player to commit suicide on his own with other means.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: TREMBLE MORTALS, AND DESPAIR!
« Reply #2046 on: February 28, 2015, 08:30:21 pm »

Turn 103

Explore until I find people, then repeat last turn's first spell.

It's important to eat a balanced diet, young fellows!

You hear that some guy spawned nearby, and so you go after him. The guy seems to be a researcher in a lab coat, not really aware of you. He should be a nice target. You quickly rush up to him and shout your words:

[Pot:6-1=5]
A golden line appears between both of you, and then begins to draw something. At first, it gives the impression of being a fat and ugly humanoid, but as soon as the figure becomes more defined you are not so sure, mainly because every single part of its body seems to be composed of tongues. Tongue arms, tongue hands, tongue fingers. A couple of tongues, one above another, make a mouth, inside which rows and rows of little tongues make the teeth, and a pair of tongues come out of the sides of the mouth, in the tongue equivalent of tusks. As soon as the drawing finishes, the creature begins to move, and despite having noticed both you and researcher, it launches towards you, phasing through your body.

The researcher is not impressed. In fact, he ignores you and does his thing:

Start with a little science

Totally Not Igor shrugs after noticing the total lack of value in the creation of that lady. He will have to do science for himself to achieve something:

[Pot:4]
A golden line appears, and then draws a small circle. Upon closer examination, it is actually a ring. A boring one, but a ring nonetheless.

[Pot:5]
A couple toadstools, as high as your knees, materialize in front of you.

[Pot:4]
Nothing happens. How odd.

[Pot:1]
[Will:3-1=2]
You right leg suddenly begins to emit an intermittent light, like if something is not working properly. Before you can do anything, it flashes with light, and now it is made out of inert leather.

Right leg is inert leather:
-1 to dodging and acrobatic actions
-1 to speed.

That, is an unfortunate side effect of magic, it seems. Or maybe from not having the slightest idea about what you are doing. Still, you decide to practice a little more:

[Pot:6]
Nothing happens. Again. This is odd.

[Pot:3]
Some hair materializes in front of you, which lazily falls to the floor.

[Pot:3]
You got distracted by something. If anything happened, you didn't notice.

((None of you are in combat, just saying it))

Move away from the Sulfur, knowing my luck...

THEN ~SCIIIIIIIENCE!~

Having some understanding of chemistry and materials (and even more of how the unfortunate tendencies which may accost you from time to time), you move to the other side of the hallway. That mauled leg of yours makes the job more complicated that what it could have been otherwise, but you get it done. You are now at near the entrance to the Greenhouse Room, and there is a starfish-headed man there, not doing much.

Now, let's do magic:

[Pot:5+1=6]
You get a big sack of biometal. Oddly enough, when you try to grab it, is is heavier that what you would have thought, even when considering its size.

[Pot:4+1=5]
You get a chunk of stone.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears, and draws a hippopotamus.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Nothing happens. Huh.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

Quote from: Rolepgeek
PM

[Robert spd:1+1=2]
[Lucky spd:1+4-1=4]

Robert's fixing of his body is suddenly interrupted by a small winged lizard, one which has attached the lower body (with tail and all that) of a human-sized dragon. The small biometal animal seems to try to cast a spell:

[Pot:6+1=7]

[Lucky dex:1]
[Robert dex:4+1-1=4]

But the lizard doesn't seem to be aware of what is he messing with. He stares at Robert, but he react quickly enough to evade his sight. In place of him, a portion of the entrance wall begun to glow with an important intensity.

A flash of light ensued, and several lines of fire burst towards both combatants!

[Robert dex:4+1=5]
[Luck dex:5+4=9]

The lizard quickly went away, evading every single laser coming all directions. Robert contorted to evade them as best as he could, but one of them left a cauterized hole near the edge of one of his forearms. The laser cut through it effortlessly. The rest of the lasers caved holes in the wall, from which little drops of molten magma came.

Fortunately, the crystal pyramids containing some of that octarinety energy were left untouched.

Before Robert could even feel the pain from this, he tried a spell to hopefully fix everything:

[Robert pot:4+1=5]
His diamond leg flashed with light, becoming a thin leg made of flesh and bone. Soon afterwards, he begun to glow, in a calm and controlled fashion. Knowing what he had to do, Robert willed the transformation to happen, and so he flashed with light, becoming a smaller version of his previous Quetzalcoatl form.

Small diamond Quetzalcoatl:
[Small]
[Light]
[Naturally sharp]
[Crystaline structure]
Can't have inventory nor grab stuff.

And, fortunately for him, his wounds were gone! On the other hand, the loss of mass was still real and effective.

"I can finagle this."

You ignore what is happening right by you and instead touch the probably dangerous material.

You reach with a single finger for the rapier. Upon contact with the gauntletglove, it doesn't' do anything, but the instant you put a little more of pressure, the unholy presence in gas form permeates through the armor and gets to your hand, and you feel how it tries to yank away your soul:

[Derm will:3-1=2] 4 exposure/2=2
And the pull is not terribly important, but leaves you somewhat weakened.

Soul meter:4/6

Well, better do some science then:

A thick, golden line appears and draws a pit bull terrier the size of small horse.

Another thick line appears and draws a staff that appears to be a bit unwieldy.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Now you just get a wiggling line.

Quote from: EP
PM

You focus your raw energy before the boss comes:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote from: Vivalas
NO ACTION. SECOND WARNING

The huge obsidian skull opens, and the wails of the damned fill the room, and to some extent, the arena. Patrick, if he could see, would notice an ominous green light coming from the NE hallway. Unfortunately for him, he only feels how the cold going through his spine becomes more intense.

The lights in the Portal are now behaving erratically, the vortex looking unstable and dangerous, but keeping the same pattern of red and dark lights. As the lights frantically revolve around, a figure emerges from the Portal.

An armored hoof stomps in the ground. It is followed by another, as the figure emerges. His legs are slightly inclined backwards, like that of a goat. Curved spikes adorn the piece of armor covering the knees, which join together the rest of the dark iron armor covering both legs. The rest of his body is human-like and healthy, with broad shoulders, and strong looking arms. The dark iron plate armor covers almost every inch of his body, and is decorated by unholy red symbols, which cover all its surface. His shoulder-plates feature spikes impaling little demonic skulls. His face can't be seen, a T-shaped opening in the helmet hiding most of it, but featuring two long and curved horns.

As he stepped out of the portal, one of his arms lowered the two handed war axe (which he was carrying in a single hand) until it hit the floor. It examined the place silently. The war axe was a double edged masterpiece, made from dark steel mostly, with a demon head carved on its center, and with sharp diamond for both edges. It was dripping some unholy green ooze, which evaporated into the faces of the condemned, which futilely cried and wailed, achieving absolutely nothing. Oddly enough, the gauntlets of the humanoid were made of shinning silver.

Upon confirming that nobody was currently in the Portal Room, the creature lifted his axe, still holding it with a single hand as if it was no big deal and shouted, a deep voice coming from his hidden face:

TREMBLE MORTALS, AND DESPAIR! THE DOOMKNIGHT HAS ARRIVED TO THIS WORLD!

His voice echoed through the whole arena.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vivalas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: TREMBLE MORTALS, AND DESPAIR!
« Reply #2047 on: February 28, 2015, 08:34:14 pm »

That was unexpected.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: February 28, 2015, 08:44:14 pm »

What, the boss?

Cause as we all know, there's a boss.

"Told you. Told all of you. nobody listened."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:55 pm »

Well, that didn't work.

Do I not get bonuses from Very Light to attack with? Is it just Dodge rolls, then?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 28, 2015, 09:19:48 pm »

Well, that didn't work.

Do I not get bonuses from Very Light to attack with? Is it just Dodge rolls, then?
You get bonuses to physical attacks, but not those who involve magic.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 28, 2015, 11:29:23 pm »

Well then.

Anyone willing to trade the word for 'Ballista' to me?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 01, 2015, 01:09:57 am »

And how does your -5 str roll ass plan to carry around a six foot siege weapon?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 01, 2015, 05:26:02 am »

I thought I had the word for "fire" but it turns out it was the word for tongues.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 01, 2015, 05:49:55 am »

((What would you do with a orc composed of flames? It's more fragile than glass...))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 197