Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315022 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Space ninja attacks!
« Reply #2235 on: April 09, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »

That is an Extremely poorly thought out sheet there.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 09, 2015, 03:47:42 pm »

Removed telepathy. I need the words to know the things other people can create for me.

*Ahem* Oh great and mighty Dermonster, ultimate mage, destroyer of games, may I enter your service?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 09, 2015, 03:49:52 pm »

Well for one I have no idea who you even are. You registered what, four months ago?

Also carefully read the rules and make a better sheet. We can talk after you spawn in.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 09, 2015, 03:51:05 pm »

I know I can't cast, but I was hoping to use items that other people would make that require will to use. Ideally, I locate someone who has transformed into a material, I ask a team member to make me a staff that controls that material, command them to kneel before me (or you) and execute them.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:54:32 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 09, 2015, 03:53:19 pm »

There isn't anything that can use will currently.

Maybe inertia.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 09, 2015, 03:55:10 pm »

I thought someone was able to control earth.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 09, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »

Not us.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 09, 2015, 03:56:55 pm »

Aw. Well, I can wait until you do. I can still progress up the waitlist w in the meantime though.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 09, 2015, 03:57:02 pm »

I thought someone was able to control earth.
That's the other game. Right now, your build would have you die from a paper cut you got while flipping through your book.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 09, 2015, 03:58:45 pm »

Can someone ask their guide if a control word exists?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 09, 2015, 03:59:17 pm »

It does. We don't have it.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:30 pm »

WE MUST FIND IT!
I WILL HAVE MY DARK DIAMOND CONTROL STAFF!
I WILLLLLLLLL!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 09, 2015, 04:44:55 pm »

Oooh, magic. Prepare to die!

Name: Cranky the Tanky
Appearance: A tall man, very bulky with fiery red hair. His fists glow with blood.
Stats:
    Strength: 1
    Dexterity: 1
    Speed: 0
    Will: 1
    Endurance: 3
    Potency: 1
    Pool: 2
Status Effects:
Transformation Status:
Inventory:
Is this correct? It should be.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 09, 2015, 04:48:02 pm »

It's decent.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 09, 2015, 06:02:17 pm »

Hm... Has anyone tried to mentally control their summons yet?

Future plan: Turn everyone in Team Derm into orcs, summon a lot of orcs, then make Derm their chief.

Another future plan: Have a teammate cast inertia or that demonic word on my character. Succeed on the will roll so well that I can bargain with them ("I'll let you possess me if you promise not to hurt my friends") or attempt to steal knowledge of words from it.

Speaking of Inertia, maybe Berius should cast that on himself and intentionally fail the will save. Inertia has a better knowledge of the words than him and will prioritize killing the boss because he is wearing demonic stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 197