Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315337 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Starting Challenge Mode
« Reply #2610 on: August 17, 2015, 02:25:38 pm »

"Any preference what I put your soul point into, ATHATH?"
His delicious soul will be mine!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:27:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 17, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

"Strength, so that you'll get the least possible benefit out of my destruction."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 17, 2015, 07:57:40 pm »

"Strength, so that you'll get the least possible benefit out of my destruction."
"Huh, you sure? I think that adding an extra point of pool onto my 7 would be much less useful than gaining some strength."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:27 pm »

"Huh, you sure? I think that adding an extra point of pool onto my 7 would be much less useful than gaining some strength."
"I want to spread your stats out, so that you can't specialize."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 17, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

"I want to spread your stats out, so that you can't specialize."
"I'm probably not gonna listen to you anyway and put that point into dexterity. And spreading points around isn't a bad thing, it's what this system was designed for. Have fun dying!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 17, 2015, 09:04:17 pm »

Ahh, competitive multiplayer games, where the usually thick line between in-character speech and out-of-character speech is repetitively and cruely curbstomped into nonexistence by this weird dude called metagaming.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 18, 2015, 03:52:08 am »

I've only seen that as them breaking the fourth wall.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 18, 2015, 09:59:32 am »

Perplexicon as a series has been highly prone to metagaming.  I'm not sure it's really a bad thing in this situation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 19, 2015, 05:45:39 am »

((You guys pissed off the Keeper?! This fight has been hilarious :P I am so glad everyone decided to support this))

I will choose Hydra, but I would like this (1) turn to prepare before entering the arena (preferably after my pool regens as well, of course so probably next turn)
If this is unacceptable just choose Hydra and jump in.

If I can prepare... PM Words I've been wondering for a while... and could be damn useful! (In several ways!)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 19, 2015, 06:37:36 am »

Using OOC in IC, that is.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 19, 2015, 09:15:21 am »

snip

You have a total of two turns to prepare, starting next turn. You will be expelled at the end of the second turn if you don't jump into a fight, but you will not immediately engage in combat if that happens. This meaans tthat you will begin the fight with full pool.

The first turn of preparation is to allow those who had been in combat prior to entering CM to return to full pool regeneration. The second turn is always for preparation. In your case, as you were not in combat, you have two turns to prepare.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 19, 2015, 12:53:18 pm »

Should probably do something about this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 21, 2015, 01:25:52 am »

snip

You have a total of two turns to prepare, starting next turn. You will be expelled at the end of the second turn if you don't jump into a fight, but you will not immediately engage in combat if that happens. This meaans tthat you will begin the fight with full pool.

The first turn of preparation is to allow those who had been in combat prior to entering CM to return to full pool regeneration. The second turn is always for preparation. In your case, as you were not in combat, you have two turns to prepare.
In that case I will take this turn to PREPARE with the words I sent you, and will formally declare which option I will take when I post my next turn, to take at the end of said turn. (Providing I understood you correctly)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 21, 2015, 02:09:36 am »

This looks like a job for Tiny Shiny Terrifying Dragon. I...need a better name.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Tales of sentient shields and blood loss
« Reply #2624 on: August 22, 2015, 02:44:40 pm »

Turn 127

Grab the hippo, lift it over my head, then throw it towards the magma room. Overdrive strength using both my pool points, plus rule of cool.

Cranky gathers all his strength to force himself to achieve the difficult task of single-handedly lifting a diamond hippopotamus. But before he can attempt to do something, the hippo tries to break free:

[Hippo str:6]
[Cranky str:2+1=3]

The hippo uses all its weight to drop towards the ground, moving its center of mass to a point low enough where Cranky's hands just slip, leaving the murderous creature free. And it seems to want to counter-attack:

[Hippo dex:5]
[Cranky dex:2]

[Hippo str:3]

The beast quickly stands up and headbuts him in the gut. Cranky briefly feels the need to vomit, but it goes away quickly. Unfortunately for him, it still hurts.

Torso has: [Pain I]

WEIRD OOC-IC STUFF

[TNI spd:2-1=1]
[ATHATH spd:1-1=0]

The dragon attempts to bite the helpless ATHATH one last time:

[TNI dex:4-1=3]
[ATHATH dex:5-1=4]

But he really gets lazy. The bleeding will do the work for him. So, why bother? ATHATH uses this opportunity to escape towards the Eastern exit.

He runs for his life, as strongly as he can. He feels how his precious life is escaping through his wound, but what can he do about it? What? The most basic animal instincts take over his mind, and the only thing he can do is to run. And he does so. The loss of blood begins to impair his coordination, and he feels tired, his legs responding less and less with each step. He trips as he reaches the middle point of the Hallway, but he quickly recovers, yet his pace is now slowed. His legs feel heavy, his vision starts to get blurry. He trips again, and he falls on his knees. He is a few meters away from the entrance to the Greenhouse Room, yet it feels incredibly distant. Crimson fluid is still pouring from he hole where his arm used to be. He tries to get up, only to fall again, this time not even his knees can support his weight. The stone floor is rough, and cold. So cold. He almost misses the heat from the Magma Room. He almost wishes he had been bathed in magma instead. It could have closed his wound. It could have. So...cold. His vision becomes even more blurry, but a black figure can be seen coming near him. Soon all his vision fades into black. Cold, monotonous black...

The dragon finally decides to follow the direction where ATHATH went. He finds him agonizing for his last moments, but he eventually stops moving. A thin line of white smoke comes out of the body, and enters Not Igor's. The dragon shows a vicious smile as a feeling that can only be described as raw power courses through him. He wants, he desires more.

ATHATH is dead. Not Igor gains 1 stat point

This looks like a job for Tiny Shiny Terrifying Dragon. I...need a better name.

Should probably do something about this.

"Toaster, go to hell."

[Robert spd:6+1=7]
[Thrakor spd:5]
[Derm spd:6+1=7]
[Keeper spd:1-1=0]

Derm quickly tries to get the Keeper's attention away from himself. And what is better than misdirection, right? He points his magma-controlling staff towards the Sphess Whizahrd

[Derm will:6]
[Thrakor will:3]

((Direct will-based damaged is halved, because adding one whole new layer of actions for someone who has discovered just one word would be unfair. It is still not negligible, though, as it is done in mass units, rather than the usual kinds of damage))

He manages to yank away a small ball of magma from Toaster's chest, which quickly reforms. Now, it is time to hurl it towards the Keeper:

[Derm dex:1]
[Keeper dex:2+1-1=2]

But he only manages to splat it against the ground. The Keeper notices this, and looks at him, then raises a stone eyebrow. Well, this was embarrassing.

Thrakor has lost 2 mass from his whole body. It has reformed because of his gooey structure. It is still not enough to warrant a change of size (6 mass equals to one change of size, more or less).

But, before the stone giant could attempt to do anything, the Tribal god entered the room, got near him and used a spell:

[Robert pot:3+1=4]
[Robert pot:4+1=5] 5/2=2.5
Total: 6.5 pot rounded up to 7.

Suddenly, everything was pushed away from those both creatures, and then a suction force was created, as the area in a radius around those two things was briefly filled with a golden repulsive force, only to be changed afterwards into a black sucking force. Robert stood there, seemingly unaffected by both the repulsion and the attraction.

[Keeper will:5+2=7]
Unable to escape, the Keeper lifted himself with its powers and removed parts of the floor, the bits of stone colliding against the black clouds and disintegrating, at the same time the black force was cancelled against them. Its staff, though, was consumed in the process.

Thrakor used this opening to cast a hopefully useful spell:

[Thrakor pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a small hatchet. With a flash of light, it materializes into flowing magma, that somehow manages to keep its shape. Thrakor grabs it, and realizes that he feel more whole by doing so, he feels his mass returning to him.

Small magma-repairing axe:
[Energy based:3/3] Damage is calculated through dex-based exposure.
+1 dex when using it, because it is light.

((It does burning damage. Why? Because it is made of magma. Have you ever seen sharp, molten magma? Well, I haven't))

Unfortunately for him, the heat of the magma axe is not enough to prevent his own loss of heat.
He is at 4/7 now.

By this time the Keeper reacts, yet for some reason it ignores the shadowy creature standing right beside it. Oddly enough, Robert can't feel the soul of this Keeper stone being. Maybe even it has a lower soul count than he expected?

The Keeper just attempts to punch Derm:

[Keeper dex:4+1-1=4]
[Derm dex:5+1=6]

But he jumps away before the stone fist hits his chest. One punch from that thing should do a lot of damage.

PREPARE

Bigf01t has an idea:

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears, and draws a round shield. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel and falls to the ground, making a clanking sound. You reach to grab it, but are interrupted by a metallic voice:

"What do you think you are doing? Wait... What am I doing?" You notice a moving face, with a pair of metallic eyes, but without a nose, carved into it. The mouth is moving as the words are spoken: "Well, it seems that I am a shield! Hey dude, can you feel me the way I feel you?" You suddenly feel a strange presence poking your chest, like a child with a stick. "And I can even touch you! Wow, this is cool!"

[Talky shield will:5]
And then the object warps itself, using some of its mass to sprout a pair of humanoid legs, and then managing to stand. Its big, round face stares into you for a brief time and then says "What are you supposed to be?"

"No additional sentient entities may enter a containment area, besides the ones authorized to do so. Violation of this precaution measure will result in the destruction of the additional entity."

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere
NO ACTION

Ali feels chills running down his spine. It doesn't feel great, but it seems that just by moving it will go away.

Endlessblaze appears in the Arcane Room. The giant obsidian skull attached to the northern wall appears to be opening.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 197