Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 313809 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Hail Hydra!
« Reply #2640 on: August 31, 2015, 08:14:39 pm »

Is that a mistake or do I still not have my full pot?
A mistake. I will correct it later. You have full pool.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: September 01, 2015, 11:19:17 am »

Let's try this instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: September 02, 2015, 02:36:02 am »

Slowly head towards the beast with my shield at the ready, and necrosteel sword in hand. Be prepared to block any attacks it may send my way, and be wary of it trying to attack from multiple angles with it's multiple limbs/heads.

If the opportunity presents itself strike it with my sword. Don't try to lop off any of it's limbs. Thanks to the Necro part of my sword mere scratches and poking should slowly take it down.

Use my Steel-willing powers to aid in my blocking of any (or at least the first) attack(s).
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: September 06, 2015, 12:04:19 pm »

PMs sent to, well, almost everybody.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: September 06, 2015, 03:02:07 pm »

I NEED MORE POWER!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: September 06, 2015, 04:50:18 pm »

Do more things.
I totally don't keep forgetting to post actions.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: September 07, 2015, 11:50:37 pm »

"LASERTIME!"
LASERTIME!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Free-for-All in the Greenhouse
« Reply #2647 on: September 09, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »

Turn 129

I NEED MORE POWER!

MOAR POWAH!

[Pot:1]
[Will:1+1=2]

You feel an already familiar sensation by this time, and then you notice that your left leg is glowing, wildly and erratically changing its intensity as ethereal golden particles phase in and out of existence, their paths making them collide and bounce with each other. It lasted only a couple seconds before the leg flashed with light, and making you fall to the ground. In the leg's place, you have a diamond gauntlet, a normal one at that.

Left leg is inert diamond gauntlet:
-1 to dex and speed.
You are permanently [On ground] unless you use crutch or something.

A devilishly fast shade came out of the obsidian skull, going to the NE Hallway, but quickly returning, after which the skull begun to close, and the tormented screams started to recede.

Do more things.
I totally don't keep forgetting to post actions.

You resume your science routine:

[Pot:2]
A golden line appears and does nothing.

[Pot:3]
Another golden line, this time drawing something with four legs and a tail. How informative.

[Pot:4]
Another golden line, this time drawing an arm.

[Pot:6]
A pile of cloth, of assorted colors, appears in front of you.

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a hand.

[Pot:3]
A sheet of paper appears and lazily falls to the ground.

[Pot:4]
Another golden line, this time drawing a foot.

So, you got more information, and information is POWAH! You will see the world burn under your evil sheets of paper! Well, maybe you have to try other words. Maybe.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls!

Let's try this instead.

"LASERTIME!"
LASERTIME!

[Derm spd:1+1=2]
[Thrakor spd:1]
[TNI spd:1-1=0] ((And Random.org hates you all))
[Keeper spd:5-1=4]

The stone giant attempts, yet again, to trap its foes in stone. This time it aims for Derm alone:

[Keeper will:1+2=3]
[Derm spd:3+1=4]

But only a a knee-high wall erupts from the ground. Derm easily jumps over it, and the Keeper lowers it out of frustration. It then changes its sight towards Thrakor, and charges at him!

[Keeper dex:1+1-1=1]
[Thrakor dex:2]

But the charge turns out to be a slow and angry walk, so The Sphess Whizahrd slowly back away until the thing desists. It appears to not know who to focus, as it hates both the guy who woke it up from its sleep, and they guy who burned all its garden.

At this moment of doubt, Derm tries yet again his strategy. He points his staff at Thrakor:

[Derm will:2]
[Thrakor will:2]

Yet the Whizhard only feels a slight poke. Frustrated, Derm attempt to blow off the Keeper the old, fashioned way: arcane energy.

[Derm pot:3+1=4]
[Derm dex:6]
[Keeper dex:6+1-1=6]

And an amorphous mass of octariney energy is expertly fired from Derm's hand towards the stone giant, which, barely seeing this from the corner of its eye, immediately reacts by rolling away. Seeing this as a good opening, Thrakor now goes after Derm:

[Thrakor dex:1+1=2]
[Derm dex:3+1=4]

But the Magma Man proves too slow for Derm, who had been carefully watching Thrakor's movements while he was fighting.

It is at this moment when a third challenger enters the fray: the biometal dragon who had been roaring with intensity just a few moments ago. It opens its mouth widely, and casts a spell:

[TNI pot:5]
[TNI dex:6]
[Keeper dex:1+1-1-1=0]

And a blob of arcane energy quickly comes out of the teethy mouth, almost totally blowing off one of the Keeper's arms! Startled, it turns around to see its attacker.

[TNI pot:1]
[TNI dex:3]
[Beat your pot dex:6]

But this time, something goes wrong and the dragon coughs a blast of octariney matter towards some plants nearby. This seems to anger even more the stone giant.

[TNI pot:4]
[TNI dex:3]
[Beat your pot dex:4]
[Keeper dex:6+1-1-1=5]

And the last blast is poorly aimed, and the shot goes quite wide. On the other hand, it seems that the Keeper has found a new target. But before it can do something, the dragon himself launches forwards, with the intent of bringing its claws to the creature's body.

[TNI dex:4]
[Keeper dex:6+1-1-2=4]

Yet, despite the surprise, the giant manages to move back in the last moment before the black claw reaches one of its more exposed vines. It recomposes itself and frowns at the dragon.

Thrakor realizes that he isn't glowing with so much heat any more. His hand axe is even worse than him, as it appears to have almost cooled down.

Slowly head towards the beast with my shield at the ready, and necrosteel sword in hand. Be prepared to block any attacks it may send my way, and be wary of it trying to attack from multiple angles with it's multiple limbs/heads.

If the opportunity presents itself strike it with my sword. Don't try to lop off any of it's limbs. Thanks to the Necro part of my sword mere scratches and poking should slowly take it down.

Use my Steel-willing powers to aid in my blocking of any (or at least the first) attack(s).

[Bigf01t spd:5]
[Hydra spd:6]

Before Bigf01t can carry his plan, the abomination moves with a frenzied speed, its front leg tentacles trying to reach for their victim:

[Hydra dex:6+1=7]
[Bigf01t dex:1]

And they grab Bigf01t by his feet! He finds that he can't move, and that the thing is trying to pull him into the ground!

[Hydra str:1]
[Bigf01t str:3+1=4]

But fortunately he pulls himself free before the creature can exert true force over him. He jumps back, then readies his Demonic Rapier, and attempts a thrust at the foul creature:

[Bigf01t dex:3]
[Hydra dex:4]

But it quickly slithers away. Its three heads emit another roar, and then watch him carefully, now with less primal rage, and even a bit of curiosity. Each of them watches from a slightly different perspective, studying him. Well, maybe the maw of teeth doesn't, but nobody is sure.

Quote from: FallacyofUrist
NO ACTIONS

Cranky is now into stasis until he posts an action. His fight with the Hippo will resume then. If he doesn't post for two turns more, the hippo will kill him.

Quote from: Beirus
NO ACTION

Not knowing what to do, the tribal fiend kept roaring. He felt a chill running down his spine, for some reason, and was surprised to notice that where the cardboard sheep previously was, there was now some cut cardboard parts, and Stinger man was looking everywhere, with what seemed to be a mix of surprise and paranoia.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Free-for-All in the Greenhouse
« Reply #2648 on: September 09, 2015, 02:52:00 pm »

"Time for the Space Wizard! Shuffle!"

Shuffle!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: September 09, 2015, 03:50:26 pm »

((ummm...im pretty sure I said gloves))

"......COME ON MAGIC! IF YOUR GOING TO WORK AGIANST ME THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS GIVE MY FAILED ATTEMPS SOME VERIETY!"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: September 09, 2015, 04:10:06 pm »

Deny deny deny, but lies will only get you deeper.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »

Fairly useless knowledge is still knowledge. Keep testing!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: September 10, 2015, 06:30:20 am »

((ummm...im pretty sure I said gloves))

Dear player,

Do you honestly think that I would have separate words for gloves, and for gauntlets? Which would be benefit of doing so?

Sincerely,

The GM.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: September 10, 2015, 07:34:41 am »

CHANNLE MY ANGER! TRY AGIAN

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:17 am »

((Well, either way gauntlets are better than gloves.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 197