Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314973 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Another brave soul goes into Challenge Mode
« Reply #2835 on: April 15, 2016, 09:28:52 am »

The Handless Wizard: Atiia Nteco The Murderous Hippo. (Yes, !!SCIENCE!! The Murderous Hippo. Whatever goes wrong its the scapegoat.)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: April 15, 2016, 12:59:18 pm »

Bob, I guess?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: April 15, 2016, 01:03:40 pm »

Bob, I guess?

You have two turns worth of spells to prepare. The descriptions are made so that you have some knowledge about what to do with these enemies.

blazing glory

« Reply #2838 on: April 21, 2016, 10:26:34 pm »

((I've just realised my browser doesn't actually process the map, can someone repost it from somewhere else?))

"Ciis Erante Enperlitu."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 24, 2016, 10:55:14 am »

FIGHT THE FORCES OF NATURE!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Facing Crazy Bob.
« Reply #2840 on: April 24, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »

Turn 148

Hmmm...I could do an action and risk it...or I could FOCUS POT SOME MORE

LET'S GET HIGH WHOOO

LET'S GET CRY WHAAA

You let the sadness inside of you take form in tears and a big

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Handless Wizard: Atiia Nteco The Murderous Hippo. (Yes, !!SCIENCE!! The Murderous Hippo. Whatever goes wrong its the scapegoat.)

[Redz spd:2-1=3]
[Hippo spd:4-2-1=1]

Redz obviously reacts more quickly than the murderous hippo. He casts a spell:

[Redz pot:4+1=5]

[Redz dex:4]
[Hippo dex:5+1-2-1=3]

[Hippo will:1]

Redz points with his stump at the hippo, which can barely move. It starts to glow, and, with a flash of light, it...stays the same. Oddly enough, it moves its only leg, and it phases through the floor. It then begins to flail wildly, and you notice that all its body is phasing through the ground. It seems that the diamond animal is floating in a parallel plane of existence, but for some reason you can still see it.

Redz moves closer to touch it. His stump goes right through its head, without harming the wiggling beast not finding any kind of opposition. It seems that the hippo is not there, yet you can still see it. And it can still see you.

At least you have bought some time. Maybe you should ask around what to do with it, because it seems that it will stay like that for some time.

"Ciis Erante Enperlitu."

Another attempt at magic. You hope that, whatever you are trying to do, it works:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A tiny golden line appears and draws what seems like a crossbow, but quite small. A pistol crossbow. It also seems to have a crank and a bunch of gears designed to make it easier to load it. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel.

-Small steel steampunk crossbow: [0/3]
You can roll every turn for strength to charge it, until you cumulatively get a 6 or more. Once then, it can be fired as a 6-strength shot. You can only try to charge it once per turn. Charging takes a physical action.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[Robert spd:2+1=3]
[Manbearscorpion spd:1-1=0]

Robert decides to capitalize on the fallen and vulnerable foe, and casts a spell:

[Robert pot:3+1=4]
[Manbearscorpion dex:3-1=2]

A concrete spike materializes in front of Robert and flies towards the fallen creature, impacting its head and shattering it with the concentrated force of such a small impact point.

The creature falls limp, and silence returns to the Magma Room. The trio of heads, without getting any kind of further provocation, instead go back into the magma.

FIGHT THE FORCES OF NATURE!

Only magic can solve this!

[Pot:4+1=5]
A glow emanates from you, and it is replaced by tiny metal pieces floating around you. The pulling force from the big magnet seems to have been reduced a lot. In fact, you would be free if you actually made any physical effort to free yourself, but why do so when you can just do magic?

You look at the chunk of metal, and it glows dimply. With a flash of light, it becomes wood. Now there is no pressure, you can just walk away. And, as you suspect that the transmutation magic won't last long, you walk away from the temporarily wooden piece of magnet.

You have gained a magnet-repelling aura:
-1 dex to attacks made from or made to objects made from magnets.
Will break after two successful impacts.

Bob, I guess?

You inform the Guide that you choose to fight Bob, not wasting any time to cast magic or anything. A tunnel opens nearby, and the repulsive force coating dissipates from its opening. You are urged to walk inside by the floating head of the Guide, and you continue like so for a fairly long time. Then, without warning, the stone floor opens and you fall into a stone platform floating over an endless dark, with just a momentary surge of repulsive energy lessening the long fall and leaving you mostly unharmed (a few really minor bruises don't count, you think).

Once you get up, pushing both your hand and the tiny man against the floor (by the point you are so used to his tiny voice in the background that you don't even pay attention to it), you see your adversary. A middle-aged man, wearing a jumpsuit and clutching a sharp steel katana with shaky hands.

"Another monster! I will just kill you like the last one!"

Quote from: endlessblaze
NO ACTION

The chill intensifies, and now you get an impending sense of doom. An ominous green light seems to be coming from where you now is the Arcane Room.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Facing Crazy Bob.
« Reply #2841 on: April 24, 2016, 02:21:10 pm »

MOAR EQUIPMENT
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

blazing glory

« Reply #2842 on: April 24, 2016, 07:59:16 pm »

((I don't suppose I can magic, reload, and move at the same time?))

"Ciis Enperlitu Aeerira."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:11:19 pm by blazing glory »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 24, 2016, 08:15:28 pm »

((I don't suppose I can magic, reload, and move at the same time?))

Magic is not a physical action.

Combat and movement are. But you can do two on the same turn. This means, you can move a room and reload, attack and reload, or attempt to move after both things at a -1 penalty to speed at the start of the turn, where if you roll negative, you don't fulfill all the things that you attempt to do (just like moving two rooms and then attempting something).

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: April 25, 2016, 02:52:46 am »

Got ethereal word. Now rest(focus POT if it is not a combat action), or if the hippo can do something to me, dodge.

The Handless Wizard has banished The Murderous Hippo. It WILL be back soon through.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:02:39 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: April 27, 2016, 04:00:32 pm »

Wait for Bob to attack, try to trip him with fleshkinesis.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: failing at magical science.
« Reply #2846 on: April 29, 2016, 10:20:48 am »

Turn 149

MOAR EQUIPMENT

Your crying subsides momentarily as you focus your sadness on magic:

A tiny golden line appears, and draws a small halberd. Small, because it seems more like a hand axe with a sharp tip, rather than a halberd. With a flash of light, it materializes into glass. You doubt that it will be too durable, but who are you to judge that?

-Small glass halberd:
[Light]
[Hacking weapon]
[Piercing weapon]

Somewhat, but only somewhat satisfied with this, you try your next spell:

[Pot:6]
A thick golden line appears, and then splits in two, each line drawing a leg guard, maybe too big for your legs. With a flash of light, they materialize into some silver element. Not silver, but platinum. Hell, these things would be worth a fortune. A pity that they are too big and heavy to provide a proper benefit, but you could try to put them on if you want.

Not worn:
-Big platinum leg-guards.:
[Smooth surface]
[Very Heavy]

"Ciis Enperlitu Aeerira."

Moar, moar magic!

[Pot:4+1=5]
You get a golden line, which splits into five different golden lines. Each one of these becomes a little crossbow-shaped bolts. With a flash of light, they materialize into steel and fall to the ground. Hmm, they seem useless, as they can't be fired from the crossbow, being little crossbows themselves.

One would guess that you mixed two shape words there, and that one of them was not necessary.

Got ethereal word. Now rest(focus POT if it is not a combat action), or if the hippo can do something to me, dodge.

The Handless Wizard has banished The Murderous Hippo. It WILL be back soon through.

You focus your inner energies as your foe flails on the parallel realm.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote from: Beirus
PM

You ready yourself to exert vengeance on a metagame level too complicated to explain to mortals, and so you move to the Greenhouse Room.

There, you find another guy who seems to have some kind of problems with some crossbow-shaped bolts. But who cares, you have to prepare yourself:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears, and splits in four smaller ones. Each one of them draws what seems like a semi-sphere with a shaft going through it. All in all, they seem like if an arrow has stabbed a helmet. With a flash of light, they materialize into silver, with the part where the head would be inside the helmet is filled with a green gas which emits tiny moans.

Each individual arrow doesn't seem very powerful, and doesn't seem to individually pose much of a threat. Maybe it has to do with the spell splitting the power. You could consult some keywords with the Guide and maybe get an answer.

Wait for Bob to attack, try to trip him with fleshkinesis.

[Bob spd:3-1=2]
[Lemon spd:1]

Both of you don't react for a brief time, pondering what to do. But suddenly Bob breaks into a sprint with his katana ready to slash you to bits:

[Bob dex:2+1=3]
[Lemon dex:6]

But Lemon snap back ot reality just in time, and deftly tries to use Bob's momentum against him:

Tripping:
[Lemon str:2-1=1]
[Bob dex:1+1=2]

But he only manages to shove him away with his puny arms. Bob seems angry after failing his attack, and incoherently curses Lemon. The latter doesn't take it too kindly, and tries to use his telekinetic powers to trip the crazed individual:

[Lemon will:3]
[Bob will:6]

But his mental efforts to life one of Bob's feet prove useless as his adversary somehow feels his mental prodding and shoves his mental presence away.

Bob then clutches his katana, preparing for another strike. He doesn't seem educated on its use, but somewhat used to handling it by this time.

Quote from: endlessblaze
NO ACTION. TOO LATE

A shadow comes from the Arcane Room, as a myriad of screams and moans intensify in sound. A Scythe of bone and darkness is tightly held by the figure, which circles its prey, endlessblaze, with swift yet careful movements. Suddenly, it decides to strike, and the scythe cuts endessblaze's head clean, and as blood pour from the wound and the deceased head is flying in the air, the shadow pauses to point its weapon at the skull. It explodes in gore, painting the walls in red spots and bone bits. And as swiftly as it came, the shadow took flight and disappeared from where it came.

Quote from: Bigf00t
NO ACTION

You feel a chill running down your spine. It is terrifying.

Two combatants appear in the Arcane Room. The Struggling Apprentice checks his pockets of useless herbs that don't actually work, while the incorporeal wizard makes sure to keep his white blanket over him. He has to mantain appearances.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)

GM's comments

I fixed the map for the arena, just so that you know.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: failing at magical science.
« Reply #2847 on: May 01, 2016, 09:32:23 am »

2 Sentences.

:P
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 01, 2016, 02:41:33 pm »

Back to crying
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: May 02, 2016, 09:57:21 am »

A tiny golden line appears, and draws a small halberd. Small, because it seems more like a hand axe with a sharp tip, rather than a halberd. With a flash of light, it materializes into glass. You doubt that tit will be too durable, but who are you to judge that?
Look at the bolded part.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 197