Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311130 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 12:48:40 am »

Edited. Look better?

i wonder how having a pool of 9 would be
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:11 am »

Better.

Also without any pot it would be a hilariously giant self explosive doom.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 12:52:35 am »

I do remember reading something about pot 1 spells creating some nice static and ruining people's hair, however. Such is within my capacity. :)
"zzz"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 01:05:06 am »

They also did things like turning your hand into a rock or your lungs into kittens.

That last one was too lethal, grisly, and concealed to get the adorableness it implies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 07:06:15 am »

I do remember reading something about pot 1 spells creating some nice static and ruining people's hair, however. Such is within my capacity. :)
1 pot spell, like RTD rules, mean something bad. Possibly lethal or at least terribly maiming effects. So, no, you don't want to roll a 1.
EDIT2: the will stat helps to mitigate this effect.

EDIT: Bigf00t will be joining the game instead of Vakothu if he doesn't post.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 02:31:16 pm »

They also did things like turning your hand into a rock or your lungs into kittens.

That last one was too lethal, grisly, and concealed to get the adorableness it implies.

Yes, read those too. Kittens have a certain deadliness to them, in both DF and here.
"zzz"

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

Feel free to throw me into the waitlist, I can't play currently.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 10:05:43 pm »

Bigf00t? Shall you In?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 01:51:58 am »

Yessss Another is born.

Father Piecewise loves all his children.
Nothing makes me happier then seeing game systems of mine, or at least spin offs of them, in use.

Well, except seeing people getting horribly maimed in said uses. That makes me double happy.
Well, you have created JUST THE RIGHT GAME THEN haven't you? ;D
Addictive and undeniably gruesome. I LOVE IT.

BTW, So totally in. I may edit in my Char-sheet, but if I haven't in the next half hour, it isn't likely :P Name is Bigf01t as last time. The number indicates the reincarnation iteration!

Consider me the generic science dude. Again.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:13 am »

If you retain your current stats, you may qualify for a place in TEAM WIZARD! Apply today!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 07:05:49 am »

I find it hilarious that, in a magic deathmatch game, it has accidentally become a magic VS muggle war, and the game hasn't even started yet!

I should take this time to declare that my main focus shall be science, but needless to say any who should try to attack me shall find themselves vaporized. By a table, or by an associated furniture piece.
Sooner or later.
Probably later.

((@Derm, tempted... tempted...))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 08:08:01 am »

Turn 000

Everybody appears in a puff of smoke!

You find yourselves in a big, circular room. There are short pillars equally distributed along its circumference, over which appears to be glowing floating orbs that emit the much needed light in this place.

To the North, there appears to be a hallway tinged with an octariney glow, which appears to be coming from the room it leads to.
To the East, there is annother hallway whose walls seem mossier overall, compared to the dull stone this room is made from.
To the South, the easily distinguished glow of heat is the main feature of the hallway that connects to this room.
To the West there is another glow. This one is the most intriguing one. It appears to be a purplish blue color. That's all that you can tell from what there is on the other side of the hallway coming from that direction.

On the center of the room there is an object. It is a tower shield, but made of a kind of crystal. It is laying on the floor, with leather straps attached to the back of it to provide a rudimentary way to handle the shield without getting your hands in a position where the sharp-looking edge of it would be able to harm the user.

Cromwell and Derm appear near the northern hallway, they both look at each other. Cromwell briefly thinks that he would like a hat like Derm's, but then he realizes that there are more important matters that deserve a higher priority at the moment, namely, What the fuck is going on?
The Flimsy Wizard and Mako Man Andy Ravage appear near the East hallway. They both look at each other, The Flimsy Wizard not liking the looks of Mako, and Mako thinking that this wizard is just a weakling from who knows which geek convention.
Pariah and Bigf01t appear near the southern hallway. They waste almost no time looking at each other, and then direct their eyes to the room in the South. Damn, there seems that some heat is coming from that place.
The Dragon Knight and Zentol Zzeralthonth appear near the West hallway. The Dragon Knight, despite being totally disoriented, attempts to say his iconic phrase, but stops halfway through when he notices Zentol's evil grin, causing a chill to run down his spine. Hell, that guy is weird as fuck.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

GM comments
So, it begins! As a reminder, everybody can PM their actions to me if you want them to remain secret. If you want to say a word, also state it's code if possible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:08 am »

perform first action.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:20 pm »

With the running and the fire and the oh my~~~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 197