Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318664 times)

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:35 pm »

Head for the eastern part of the main room. Escort Flimsy to the Portal Room. Drag him there if needed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:41:26 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:00 pm »

Zentol grins at The Dragon night, and walks up to him.  He tilts his head a bit to the side, and leans forward until his face is an inch away from Dragon's.

"Halthel Dorbaedal Concoteael Halthel?  Shaazeshelial Bethconthel Concoteael Halthel Worteal!  Halthel Dorbaedal Phal-aeo Concoteael... Shaazeshelial Tealtael!"

After that, he jerks away and runs towards the shield in the center, cackling madly.  If anybody tries to fight him, or otherwise impede him, he grabs it and uses it to slash their throat.

((FYI, GWG, he just said he isn't going to kill you.  I ask again, do you wish to join the muggle alliance?

...Also, I actually only had to look up three of those words.  I think that language is going to stick with me forever. 8())

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2014, 03:30:04 pm »

Really? It sure sounded like we were in the hallways.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »

Really? It sure sounded like we were in the hallways.

You are near the entrance of the hallways. I distributed the players so that they would appear in pairs on each of the entrances. The character sheets say so too. The key word is near.

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »

Fix'd.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2014, 06:29:33 pm »

Grab Flimsy Wizard. Introduce his skull to the nearby wall.
Logged
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2014, 07:29:01 pm »

PM sent.

Oh dear. I really do hope I manage to survive a turn. I should've started a melee character and murdered mages to gain points in magic.
Logged

Tomcost

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2014, 07:31:41 pm »

Well, we only need Bigf00t and Mastahcheese to post and I can begin working on the turn.

mastahcheese

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:12 pm »

Oh snap!
Logged
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2014, 09:22:34 pm »

Are you going to always wait for everyone or do partial turns a la Perplexicon and Pit?
Logged
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

  • Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:13 am »

Are you going to always wait for everyone or do partial turns a la Perplexicon and Pit?
If we do partial turns I am going to get SO shafted... You guys all seem to post 4-5 or so in the morning over here.

Ok, does the magma room seem safe to enter? If so, do so. Otherwise skirt around the inevitable bloodbath and duck into the Arcane room and GET CRACKIN' ON DEM MAGIC CODES! (Sent via telepathy to the overlord of the pit. Ooh Ra.)
Logged
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2014, 07:09:44 am »

Are you going to always wait for everyone or do partial turns a la Perplexicon and Pit?
The first turn is going to be a complete turn. I will manage the rest depending on the amount of players involved. Partial turns are likely to come.

Are you going to always wait for everyone or do partial turns a la Perplexicon and Pit?
If we do partial turns I am going to get SO shafted... You guys all seem to post 4-5 or so in the morning over here.

Ok, does the magma room seem safe to enter? If so, do so. Otherwise skirt around the inevitable bloodbath and duck into the Arcane room and GET CRACKIN' ON DEM MAGIC CODES! (Sent via telepathy to the overlord of the pit. Ooh Ra.)
That telpathy message didn't arrive(you sent me another one on a different subject). But as I want to pump a turn already, I will allow you to do more science in one turn as long as it is actually science.

Tomcost

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2014, 08:43:04 am »

Turn 001

[Flimsy spd:3-1=2]
[Mako spd:5]
[Pariah spd:5]
[Derm spd:5]
[DK spd:1]
[Zentol spd:4-1=3]
[Bigf01t spd:2-1=1]
[Cromwell spd:4+1=5]

perform first action.
You head to the Magma room before all the bloodshed begins.
As you get close, the heat increases, but despite making you sweat is tolerable. The Magma room is a circular room like the first one, that would be pretty dull if it weren't for the impressive thick glass pipes transporting magma from the moat in the circumference of it. There is a total of four pipes arranged in a spider-like pattern, converging in a single glass tank on the highest point of the dome. The floor is slightly inclined in the room, where the highest point seems to be the center of it.

You ready yourself to do some science:

[Pot:6+1=7]

Nothing happens. Huh.

[Pot:1+1=2]

A little drop of blood appears in front of your eyes, and evaporates before even touching the floor.

[Pot:2+1=3]

A small blob of water appears in front of you, then falls to the ground and begins to slide towards the magma-filled moat, and evaporates before reaching it.

Oh snap!

You head to the western entrance and practice some of this presumably magic stuff.

[Pot:1+1=2]

A golden line appears and begins twisting, then fades away.

[Pot:5+1=6]

Something barely visible and that can be described as a semitransparent golden mass appears in front of you. You inmediately feel that it is pushing you backards. It then fades away.

[Pot:1+1=2]

Nothing happens.

With the running and the fire and the oh my~~~

You don't like the looks of Mako. And he seems to be trying to harm that flimsy dude! You can't allow that. You point at Mako dude:

[Pot:1]

A golden line appears and begins constructing a knot out of itself, then shakes violently and fades away. You are almost sure that something went wrong there.

With that done, you run for the Portal room. Four obsidian pillars carved with eldritch runes, between which there is a huge blue vortex constantly changing it's color between a diferent spectrum of purple shades are awaiting for you. You wonder if it is safe to go throught that thing, or, you don't know, amybe you will end up travelling in time. Well, this is not science fiction, just fantasy magic, so probably it should be safe, right??

Grab Flimsy Wizard. Introduce his skull to the nearby wall.

PM sent.

Oh dear. I really do hope I manage to survive a turn. I should've started a melee character and

murdered mages to gain points in magic.
Mako looks again at the Flimsy Wizard. Did he just say something about your mother? You think that not but you don't like him anyway.

[Mako Dex:5+1=6]
[Flimsy Dex:3-1=2]

[Mako Str:4+1=5]
[Flimsy Str:2-1=1]

[Mako Str:4+1+1=6]

The Flimsy Wizard just stays still and a chill goes down his spine. He doesn't like fighting, why did he end up near this guy, why?

While The Flymsy Wizard is cursing life in general, Mako kicks the back of Flimsy's knee, then grabs his head and bashes it against the wall in a perfectly syncronized grab, utilizing inertia to his maximum damaging potential. Physicists would be proud of this movement if it wasn't a despicable act of unfounded violence.

The bash is so strong that The Flimsy Wizard instantly goes unconcious.

Zentol grins at The Dragon night, and walks up to him.  He tilts his head a bit to the side, and leans forward until his face is an inch away from Dragon's.

"Halthel Dorbaedal Concoteael Halthel?  Shaazeshelial

Bethconthel Concoteael Halthel Worteal!  Halthel Dorbaedal Phal-aeo Concoteael... Shaazeshelial Tealtael!"


After that, he jerks away and runs towards the shield in the center, cackling madly.  If anybody tries to fight him, or otherwise impede him, he grabs it and uses it to slash their throat.

((FYI, GWG, he just said he isn't going to kill you.  I ask again, do you wish to join the muggle alliance?

...Also, I actually only had to look up three of those words.  I think that language is going to stick with me forever. 8())

You say your weird shit and get to the ceter of the room. It appears that Mako dude is fighting with that weakling. Huh.

You grab the shield. It looks nice and shinny.

Head for the eastern part of the main room. Escort Flimsy to the Portal Room. Drag him there if needed.

You shout you phrase and go to rescue The Flimsy Wizard from the onslaught of the evil Mako dude. It ends up being quite pathetic as you drag him to the Portal room, while Mako tells you that he deserved that because "That dude holla'd dat mah mutha was fat, man".

((I Gizoogled that phrase because I wanted to have a character that speaks that way. I can edit it if you find it offensive))

The guy with the wizard hat is in this room too, staring at the lights show.

Ok, does the magma room seem safe to enter? If so, do so. Otherwise skirt around the inevitable bloodbath and duck into the Arcane room and GET CRACKIN' ON DEM MAGIC CODES! (Sent via telepathy to the overlord of the pit. Ooh Ra.)
You watch the fight then go to the magma room. It would be safer than staying with those psycopaths, right?

You arrive there and say hello to Pariah, then begin doing some magic:

[Pot:4+1=5]

[End:1]

A black fog appears with some cloth and, pieces of chitin?. The dark fog begins twisting around you and enveloping yor head. You feel that your connection with magic fades away, the fog choosing to take that away from you.

[Enveloping Darkness:Blocked Pool.4]


Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

GM comments
We have the first status effect, and the first combat action.

Bigf00t

  • Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2014, 09:28:36 am »

"OH GOD DAMMIT!"
*sigh*
"That is... not a good start, is it strange man standing near to me?"



"Yo, Strangeman! This magic thing... awkward. Mind if I use any magic... leftovers, of yours to fashion some gear? I'm going to be a little... bored otherwise. I could make you a, thing, or something too if you'd like!

In exchange for not killing me I could suggest what word to avoid, not like I have the magic in me at the moment to suffer from saying it AGAIN!"


EDIT: I just wanted to say, considering the evolution of Perplexicon is a hot topic atm: Having your magic removed from you, at such a critical but not IMMEDIATELY lethal moment, this might just be one of my best Perplexicon game moments. Why? It made me think "Oh crap, now I've done it. How can I use what little I have to prepare and survive?" This is ENFORCING a chance to build, in a game where enormous freedom is not just allowed, but encouraged, where otherwise I'd just be thinking "What are the next few words I should speak to learn or grow stronger"

I just wanted to share that. An awesome moment all because I funked up my first three words :P

RE-EDIT: Updated turn to put aside something for Unholy to stab people with. Also sketch link in spoiler. My goodness this is a big post.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:43:49 am by Bigf00t »
Logged
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 197