Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317810 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Whack-a-Dwarf
« Reply #675 on: March 17, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

@Derm, GWG
((He deserves it for KILLING ME. I didn't do anything to him at all and he just killed me. And don't saay that I attempted to kill GWG either, well I did, but immideatelly tried to make peace.))
A bit selfish of you, isn't it? "How dare he kill me in a PvP game! He therefore deserves some kind of unfortunate event to happen to him! Never mind that he's more peaceful than average, he deserves it more because his kill was me!"
Fuck it, fine. I was just angry over that. And don't say you're any better, at least as much as I care at this point.
Issue resolved and whatnot, let's just stop talking about this.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 17, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »

THE PORCUMANCER HAS DECIDED NOT TO ATTACK THE ELDRITCH ENTITY AND INSTEAD CREATE MORE PIGS OF STRANGE MATERIALS AND DO SCIENCE.
HAVE A NICE DAY
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 17, 2014, 03:15:19 pm »

This little piggy went to market; this little piggy stayed home to summon Cthulhu.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 17, 2014, 09:27:36 pm »

Add me to the waitlist if it isn't full, please. Wait, can a waitlist be full in any game based on Perplexicon?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:47:54 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 17, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »

Gentlemen: should the soul value of the dwarf remain a secret until his death? Or do you want me to spoil it for you?
Eh, either way.

And don't say you're any better, at least as much as I care at this point.
Hey! Name one person I've killed!
:P
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 17, 2014, 11:06:35 pm »

Name one person I've killed that isn't myself! Beat that!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 17, 2014, 11:35:07 pm »

Just saying I get it is PvP, and if GWG gets the souls, well, I'll just have to live with that. Might challenge you to an honorable duel or something depending on my mood but who knows?!
I'm doing something this turn that should make it less brutal on me if I don't get the souls and should open the way to some peaceful business in the future. And at least you now have a sweet-ish weapon. That's cool.
Just angsty I guess from being pretty tired, and suffering from mild bloodlust.
Needless to say, I'm not going to let up, let the best rolls win! I wish us both luck.

All bow to the champion!

EDIT: Oh yea, just keep it secret, we know it has to be AT LEAST two, but could well be more. Still a fine prize. Still, I haven't seen much in the way of bonuses (or absurdly high rolls) on either the Elf or Dwarf besides material factors. Hmm.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:36:42 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2014, 07:41:19 pm »

Needless to say, I'm not going to let up, let the best rolls win! I wish us both luck.
If I wasn't so pragmatic, I'd wish you luck as well.

All bow to the champion!
He loses to the guys who haven't killed anyone, themselves included.

Still, I haven't seen much in the way of bonuses (or absurdly high rolls) on either the Elf or Dwarf besides material factors. Hmm.
*shrug* I guess their GMey knowledge or something gives them bonuses?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »

If I wasn't so pragmatic, I'd wish you luck as well.
I guess the thought is there. I can appreciate that :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2014, 05:54:34 pm »

I'm glad to hear it, because that's what I intended to convey.

EDIT:
Quote from: Anonymous Anteater
Yes, I'm allowing one action and many spells each turn (because there is a pool limit). Thinking and talking are free actions, though.
Hold on. If thinking is a free action, can't I use my infinite time to deduce every single word?
As for talking, I can deafen my foes with infinite yelling, right? Or is this not the sort of thing you meant?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:42:25 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 20, 2014, 11:55:44 pm »

Huh, the image of two random slightly wimpy guys wailing on a poor messed up metal midget (one with the same dude's own hammer) enters my mind. As in now I am picturing the situation, and it amuses me in an absurd kind of fashion. Ah, imagery.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 21, 2014, 07:01:17 am »

"Who dares call the Dragon Knight a wimp?"
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 21, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

Turn 027

Oh holy fuck why.

Uh. Uuuuuuh.

Stuff.

@GWG
NO.

DO NOT WANT. WILL NOT HAVE. SO MUCH GRRR.

Kill the midget. Go for the killing strike. Also, PM thing at the midget. Growl @ GWG because he is trying to take pretty much the only souls in this damn arena I have had ANY real success at, or been able to claim without pissing someone off. Bah. *ahem*

Derm decides that as he is still getting a damned lot of failures, he better get a better body.

[Pot:2]
You body glows slightly, but nothing happens.

At least you can try to do science, right?

[Pot:4]
A golde line appears and draws a tongue. Yeah, a tongue. In line form is less disgusting, fortunately.

Nothing happens. Sarcastic woooo!

[Pot:3+1=4]
Another golden line appears and draws a door. How scarcely interesting.

Well at least you can watch the fight:

[DK spd:5]
[Bigf01t spd:6-1+1-1=5]

Both combatants jump after the ring in the dwarf's hand, both managing to grab the arm and trying to pull it out for themselves:

[DK str:6]
[Bigf01t str:1]

((Won't even bother to add modifiers))

But sadly for Bigf01t, he is quite wimpy in his body. The imposing strength of the Dragon Knight is not even needed to get the ring for himself. A quick shove proves to be enough.

Now, to kill this midget:

[Bigf01t spd:2]
[DK spd:5]

The Dragon knight just puts his new ring on his thumb (because dwarf fingers and wider than human ones) and attempts his first strike:

[DK dex:5-1-1=3]
[Dwarf dex:4-1-1+1-1=2]

[DK str:4+1+1=6]

And he bashes the dwarf with all his strength, noticing that the golden hammer packs quite a punch. The dwarf futilely tries to evade him, but uses his not-so mauled arm to cover his face. This proves to be marginally useful, as it dampens some of the strikes, until it is reduced to bunch of twisted metal that can't even be moved anymore. The strikes to the face ended up hitting the mouth, making it cave in and twisting the upper part of the forehead forwards, but for some reason the dwarf has not died yet.

Now it is Bigf01t's turn:

[Bigf01t dex:1+1-1-1=0]
[Dwarf dex:1-1-1+1-1-1-1=-3]

[Bigf01t str:4-1+1-1=3]

But he proves to be smarter than the Knight, aiming for the forehead, that little part that survived. With a well-placed strike, the mauled piece of twisted metal attached to a torso and a bear, also known as the dwarf, stops moving. A white smoke comes of the (surprisingly) unharmed chest and slowly floats into Bigf01t's one.

The dwarf is dead, Bigf01t gains two stat points!

The Dragon Knight poners why couldn't he kill him first, and then discovers that his golden hammer has suffered the repeated mauling. It has become wider and overall less manageable this way.

Further -1 to dex on its strikes unless fixed!

Fortunately, rubbing the ring against it seems to pull the gold in the direction it used to be, but will take an awful long time to do so.

The blue shades of the portal begin progressively changing their color to red, as the purple ones become black.

I guess pick up the frelling Zeus Spear and try not to electrify myself.

Hmm, what to do, hmmm.

Hey, maybe this:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A pile of Cloth appears above of the spear. You can see the electricity forming arcs through the outer parts of the pile, which are thinner. It leaves a burned tone in those places it crosses. You are not sure if it will eventually catch fire. Maybe you should find an insulating non-flammable material.

On the other hand, the frequency of the discharges has decreased, but it is still alarming.

The only argument for Derm deserving it I could see is all the science he's done at a 1/12 chance for a Pot:1 and not getting anything really bad- and that's hardly deserving.

"Damn you weak noodly arms!  Also hi pig people- that's really f'ed up with the reaper dude!"

Killem!

Quote from: Elephant Parade
PM

[Thrakor spd:2+1=3]
[Flimsy spd:5-1=4]

The Flimsy Wizard Thinks that he can save himself with some spell he had no idea of what it did until a few seconds ago:

[Pot:6+2=8]
A glow comes from his whole body and with a flash of light it becomes solid iron. Sweet.

Burned changed for [Slightly mauled]
Gained [Smooth surface]

Thrakor curses and unleashes his spell anyway:

[Thrakor pot:4+1=5]
[Thrakor dex:5]
[Flimsy dex:5-1-1=3]

Another burst of magma comes from Thrakor's hand (the other one, he is not so dumb) and hits the Wizard right in his chest. As the magma flows to the floor, he can feel that his chest is really hot, and that the iron has become weaker.

Double damage received until it cools down

Then Thrakor tries to end this with his bone club, but the Wizard tries to run away!

Chase:

[Thrakor spd:1+1=2]
[Flimsy spd:3-1-1=1]

And he almost gets to him as the Flimsy Wizard gets to the NW hallway!

[Thrakor spd:4+1-1=4]
[Flimsy spd:3] ((and whatever))

And he catches him!

[Thrakor dex:4]
[Flimsy dex:4-1-1=2]

[Thrakor str:1-1=0]

And he pokes the torso of the Wizard. Yeah the metal is softer, but poking doesn't actually bend it.

A shadow holding a scythe goes past you towards the Arcane Room. What the fuck was that?

Somehow some senseless science is sure to succeed.
Use words on anyone who approaches aggressively otherwise continue experimentation.

You totally ignore the slaughter happening around you and continue your research:

[Pot:1]
Nothing happens. You think that you should be grateful for that.

[Pot:4]
A bunch of coal appears in front of you.

A scrap of flesh appears in front of you.

Still no meaning in all this bullshit, right?

THE PORCUMANCER HAS DECIDED NOT TO ATTACK THE ELDRITCH ENTITY AND INSTEAD CREATE MORE PIGS OF STRANGE MATERIALS AND DO SCIENCE.
HAVE A NICE DAY

You briefly think about facing the entity, but you soon realize that you will get sliced to shreds, get your soul sucked away, or possibly both at the same time if you try, so better not do so.

Then entity, after the wooden pig dies, just grabs his gauntlet, and with a flash of light, begins to fly towards the scythe, that by this time has finished dealing with the blood pig. After grabbing it, it begins to fly towards the same direction to iron man and the space hobo went. You can see that green light coming from that place.

Then you try to become a friend of the little alien pig. It tries to evade you at first, but soon it stops being so shy, so you grab it and put it over your shoulder. It is almost cute with its sharp teeth, zig-zag tail and emaciated body. Almost.

You then try some magic:

[Pot:1+1=2]
A golden line appears and begins to wiggle, then jumps after you. It's the first time one of these things tries to interact with the outer world.

[Pot:6+1=7]
Nothing happens. You have a feeling that it is better this way.

[Pot:4+1=5]
[Str:6-1=5]

A mass of a dark semi-transparent substance appears in front of you. Suddenly you are getting pulled towards it, but you manage to hold your position and keep the pig safe. As dirt touches it, it ceases to exist, pretty much as the air when it does the same. Fortunately it stops. Phew.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws another small sized pig. After it materializes, you can see that it is made from a kind of semi transparent golden substance that pushes everything near it away. The pigs just loiters around, with some dirt flying as it moves.

A stone arm covered in vines comes of the water in the East side of the room and points at some plants that were struck by the magma. The arm then shakes its index finger. The plants shake too. The arm then begins to gesticulate again, this time the burned parts of the plant are removed from them and thrown away, seemingly being moved by the arm, which is on the other side of the room. After finishing with that, the arm just gets back to the water.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 21, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »

Oh. Bigfoit got the points. Eh.

Science.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2014, 03:38:03 pm »

Iron, eh?  Need some water to rust you.  Except I'm probably about to get facepunched.

React accordingly!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 197