Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314173 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #870 on: April 18, 2014, 09:36:41 pm »

Clarification: You would have one less -1.

0 in a stat gives it -1. 1 is +-0.
I feel dumb.

Wait, did you really not know that?

Oh wow.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 18, 2014, 09:37:32 pm »

I feel dumb.

Oh wow.
I thought that only every third point had an effect.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:37 pm »

Am I in?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:36 pm »

I feel dumb.

Oh wow.

2 = 1/2 chance of +1. every point between 3 and 6, 6 and 9, ect gives 1/3 of being an additional +1

like four is certain +1, 1/3 chance of +2.

5 is certain +1, 2/3 chance of +2.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 18, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »

I feel dumb.

Oh wow.

2 = 1/2 chance of +1. every point between 3 and 6, 6 and 9, ect gives 1/3 of being an additional +1

like four is certain +1, 1/3 chance of +2.

5 is certain +1, 2/3 chance of +2.
Well yeah, I know that now. I just didn't know that before.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 18, 2014, 10:50:54 pm »

My words... *sob* you forgot my words again *sob*

I love the blue-text science guy, but I still need my science!

And soonish I think I might roleplay. Maybe. after words, as your turn-text indicates I might actually be able to ask him questions! (As in such a way to get useful answers, about antimatter or such. Plus, I just got an idea... :D)
Plus, I like him. :)

I will turn later, after I get my words. I PM'd them, they'll be the last turn-related message I sent you.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 19, 2014, 06:57:53 am »

Am I in?
Yes, you are.

My words... *sob* you forgot my words again *sob*

I love the blue-text science guy, but I still need my science!

And soonish I think I might roleplay. Maybe. after words, as your turn-text indicates I might actually be able to ask him questions! (As in such a way to get useful answers, about antimatter or such. Plus, I just got an idea... :D)
Plus, I like him. :)

I will turn later, after I get my words. I PM'd them, they'll be the last turn-related message I sent you.
Huge Oooooops from my part. Will add them eventually, and then post again so that it is clarified.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 19, 2014, 01:22:21 pm »

Aaand sorry again for the double post.

Now, what happened:

-The waitlist has been corrected. Please tell me if something is not right there.
-The turn got added Bigf01t's science.

Speaking of which, here is the extract:

Bigf01t shrugs and tries some science. He hopes that it won't explode this time. Or at least not on him.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You think that some dust materialized in front of you, but you are not really sure.

For some reason you just thought of a lillipop. You then internally ask yourself the classic WTF?!?!?

And now a golden line happens to appear and dance for you. Weeeeeeeeeeee... That was pathetic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 19, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »

Lillipop?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 19, 2014, 05:50:48 pm »

Oh.
So it wasn't supposed to be gibberish. Or a flower on a stick.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 20, 2014, 01:35:09 am »

OK.
o_o
New turn:
Repeat words.
That was... sad. On so many levels. But mostly the first one (1... geddit? *sigh*)

Consider this a temp turn while I try and think of something smart to do this turn...

PMing a Smart Turn. Mostly. Also sorry ;D

Were those the results of successfully speaking the words? Just want to know if my words resulting in me thinking of delectable chunks of hard candy adhered to the end of sticks, or if I just failed that hard.
Also, when you say dust, did it look like Dust, or dust? (Physics tomfoolery or finely powdered stone?) Just to check. I'm assuming the garden variety... which I realize around here doesn't mean very much.

"Garden Variety" around here seems to be alien pigs and bursts of flame. Not to mention the unfortunate accidents that keep happening to limbs. I think I'm going to go cry with physics over here in the corner. :P

- EDIT FOR ROLEPLAY! -

Bigf01t decides for no good reason to break his relatively silent scientific introspection and ruminations on the machinations of magic, and looks up.
Hey, a science-y dude! That's the guy who informed me the way I nearly removed my head was Anti-matter!
He seems like a nice enough chap, if understandably after our souls.

"Nice beard, and sweet coat. Although I suppose with the advent of... well..."
*Bigf01t gestures around him*
"Thanks to this... apocalyptic discovery I suppose a bit old fashioned now, but I like it."
"Say, you wouldn't be interested in a chat would you? You seem the most reasonable of your compatriots, or at least the most likely to be interested in conversation with us..."
*Bigf01t glances at the mostly silent psychic lady and gives her a polite nod*
"... until we get enough souls to be worth reaping anyway! So how about it? Have any questions for me, or tips? How on earth did you even end up with AT Corporation anyway?"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:59:28 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 20, 2014, 01:45:43 pm »

Were those the results of successfully speaking the words? Just want to know if my words resulting in me thinking of delectable chunks of hard candy adhered to the end of sticks, or if I just failed that hard.
You failed that hard. The near zero-possibilities of getting 3 ones in a row make this something...really odd.

You managed to say the words, though. The only exception that I have made regarding actually attempting to say a word and not saying it is by coughing, because it is supposed to be annoying only.

Also, when you say dust, did it look like Dust, or dust? (Physics tomfoolery or finely powdered stone?) Just to check. I'm assuming the garden variety... which I realize around here doesn't mean very much.
You saw dust. You didn't saw anything weird about it, but you barely managed to catch a glimpse about it anyway.

- EDIT FOR ROLEPLAY! -

Bigf01t decides for no good reason to break his relatively silent scientific introspection and ruminations on the machinations of magic, and looks up.
Hey, a science-y dude! That's the guy who informed me the way I nearly removed my head was Anti-matter!
He seems like a nice enough chap, if understandably after our souls.

"Nice beard, and sweet coat. Although I suppose with the advent of... well..."
*Bigf01t gestures around him*
"Thanks to this... apocalyptic discovery I suppose a bit old fashioned now, but I like it."
"Say, you wouldn't be interested in a chat would you? You seem the most reasonable of your compatriots, or at least the most likely to be interested in conversation with us..."
*Bigf01t glances at the mostly silent psychic lady and gives her a polite nod*
"... until we get enough souls to be worth reaping anyway! So how about it? Have any questions for me, or tips? How on earth did you even end up with AT Corporation anyway?"
You speak all that you wanted to say. You voice sounds slightly metallic and wet at the same time. Like if you had been rubbing wet sandpaper against iron, with an added touch of that funny sound that is made by things that create a suction effect as your tongue sometimes creates a little vacuum in your mouth. It doesn't hamper you ability to speak, but it is a mix between creepy and funny. You are not sure what is better at this time.

Anyway, the trio seemed to have heard you, but they are busy laughing at the green-robed monk, who appears to be trying to dodge one of the arms from the windy creature that has replaced his arm. After realizing that it wasn't possible, Athanasios decided to just roll and let the floor do the job.

The laughs fade away as the muscled fellow uses his index finger to remove a shed tear from his eye, as the bearded guy adds:
It may be a classic, but physical comedy is always fun!
His eyebrows then were barely frown. He quickly turned to the floating lady and said: I heard him.
And then he steped forwards and finally adressed you:
Flattery won't actually achieve anything for you. I understand that you are trying to be friendly, but it won't help you to prevent your inevitable demise.
Hey, I also heard him! Why do you think that I'm not as reasonable as him?
The bearded man turns and quickly tells him: becase I don't have two skulls orbiting my chest, maybe?
Okay, okay, I can't argue against that.
You are momentarily distracted by the woman's voice in your head: But, for what I can see here, your motives for not trsting me are not really funded in more than superficial first impressions.
As she stops speaking, you can hear the rest more clearly.
But giving you any kind of tips would be counterproductive with the whole idea here. I'm limiting myself to just explain things that you have already seen or experenced, so that you focus more on killing and less on unnecessary experimentation.
As for my place here, I just was hired because of my talents.
And went up in the pyramid because he made false theories about this bullshit.
Wait there, they may not be proved, but that doesn't mean that they are false!
Indeed- The floating lady adds with a stoic face.
Back to the subject, I aquired an important position here.
Don't be modest, Lead Researcher is the most important position someone would ever acquire in a company with these characteristics.
That's just giving a lot of importance to a position in a company financed by the corpse of a latin translator. With what we can do now, we could just do the research on our own. Money stopped being important in the original days.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 20, 2014, 02:10:35 pm »

Where am I?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 20, 2014, 02:31:42 pm »

Where am I?
Magma Room.

Currently, there is nobody in the Magma Room but you.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 197