Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311056 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Now with less murder and more SCIENCE
« Reply #1155 on: June 20, 2014, 10:42:39 pm »

Spoiler: Public Word list (click to show/hide)

Say Quopeenis again and a couple of other words.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 21, 2014, 12:06:57 pm »

Bloop.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 21, 2014, 08:12:40 pm »

So that's how this magic works...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 22, 2014, 10:28:35 am »

Damn, we still need Rolepgeek's action, I thought I had all of you here. Well, let's wait a little bit more.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:26 am »

Sorry my bad.

Words make the fun of the times
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 22, 2014, 12:15:21 pm »

Turn 047

Oh goody.

MAKO MAN.

Oh, shit, the Knight is dead, someone has entered the arena. I don't wanna die crippled! Ahhhhhh:

[Derm spd:5-1=4]
[Mako spd:5-1=4]

He, he looks like that murderous bastard of Mako. Oh, please, not again!

[Derm Pot:3+1=4] ((Overdrive failed))
A golden line appears and draws a door. With a flash of light, it materializes into iron, and it stays where it is, hovering 20 cm above the ground. It totally fails to block the entrance.

Upon noticing the door (which, incidentally, appeared just in front of him), Mako touched it, and noticed that he can displace it with a finger. It seems to oppose no resistance whatsoever, allowing Mako to just enter the room and see a crippled Derm in there.

That was the shortest siege ever.

The door probably was so easily moved because of some physics bullshit involving weight, but who cares? Mako saw something shiny!

[Mako dex:5+1=6]
[Derm dex:3+1=4]

[Mako str:1+1=2]
[Derm str:6]

Mako just run at Derm and tried to grab his spear, his dexterous hands placing a somewhat firm hold onto it. Sadly, Derm unleashed all the hidden forces only loot hoarders can harness, yanking it away from the fighter's hands.

And now, like if destiny had spat upon Derm's face while he had his mouth open, his iron foot flashed with light and turned back into an axe.

((Back to old stats))

And, to make things worse, the ominous green light begun to shine through the NE hallway, the copper animal not paying much attention to it.

Oh goddamn it, that was a four word sentence of waste!

Alas poor Horatio.

*stroke the floor lovingly*
*stroke the floor seductively*
*stroke the floor in a way worthy of a restraining order*

((Yes, that is turn-text. Distressingly dirty turn-text.))

You do your stomping. Nothing happens. Maybe it is not your time yet? [Insert creepy foreshadowing music here]

Nah, it is not your time yet, so you do magic:

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a bow. With a flash of light, it becomes more of that biometal thing. Hum, it seems that what would be the string it quite flexible, but akin more to a sling than to a bow, but you guess that it will do. The rest of the bow is harder, though.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and splits itself in two. Each of them proceeds to draw an arrow each. With a flash of light, they become solid obsidian.

Well, you know that you could theoretically use these two things as gifts, so that maybe the person that receives them won't use them against you. Well, it is not like you can die of blood loss now, so a puncture or another shouldn't matter much as long as you stay in this form, right?

You get closer to that Systar guy and hand them to him:

So that's how this magic works...

Your thinking is interrupted by the black alien guy handing a bow of that alien stuff and two obsidian arrows. You cautiously take them. The alien smiles, showing a row of sharp teeth. You are not sure if that is a friendly gesture or not, but at least you have a weapon now. The "string" of the bow is quite flexible, but doesn't seem to be tight enough to provide much force to the arrows. On the other hand, this could be compensated by the weight of the arrows, but said weight threatens your aim somewhat, you will have to ponder the effects of gravity a bit more that what you would have hoped.

Black biometal bow:
[Light]
Obsidian arrows(2):
[Heavy]

Anyway, now you do science:

[Pot:2-1=1]
Something... something tried to fly out of you, you are sure! You wholeheartedly hope that it wasn't your liver or pancreas, those are nice things to have inside of you.

Bloop.

You look at everything around you. You are in a circular room, whose walls are equally distributed with some kind of crystal pyramids, each one stained in different degrees of an octariney tone. Four infinitesimally thin beams come from the floor, towards the ceiling, the vault being to high for you to actually discern what is happening at the end of their trail. The point from which the beams are coming are protected with a pyramid-shaped translucent element, somewhat golden in color. You can observe that the tip of said pyramids, which reach your waist in height, is actually open a little bit to allow the beams to escape.

You then suddenly are startled by a tiny explosion coming from one of those beams, which was somehow absorbed by one of the crystalline pyramids on the walls, which in turn increased the density of its octariney tone. A pair of geometrical objects akin to those guarding the lower portions of the beams came floating from the ceiling, stopping in mid-air in front of the colorful pyramid. It the proceeded to just move towards the pair, which opened and encapsulated it, then floated back towards the ceiling.

That was a bunch of bullshit you don't understand. But at least you can read another kind of bullshit, from the static and written one:

[Pot:6-1=5]
A golden line appears in front of you, twisting and flexing itself into a shape. It is that of a star, but with edges that don't match the stereotypical cartoonish star, but it seems more like a starfish. After a brief time, the line faded away.

Your attention is then directed towards a section of the room that you didn't look at before: the northern wall. It is completely devoid of crystalline structures, and, instead, a huge obsidian skull occupies at least one-third of it. Some kind of green goo is dripping from it, evaporating and releasing a kind of green smoke as it falls to the ground.

The skull then begins to open, green light beginning to shine from its mouth, with distressing wails and moans slowly coming to intensities that you can actually hear, then growing stronger.

Oh, fuck.

Words.

Hmmm, interesting. Which is to say, what the freaking hell is this magic thing? Better to keep pronouncing these things.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and draws a huge door, as huge to actually bloc the entrance to the room.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A bunch of porcelain appears and falls to the ground, breaking in the process.

[Pot:6+1=7]
Another thick line appears, this time drawing a big dolphin.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A bunch of styrofoam appears and falls to the ground, the slight inclination of the floor directing some pieces to the moat. Upon falling on it, they quickly burn, but the magma suddenly spits them back up, or at least whatever pieces that hadn't disintegrated yet.

That was odd.

Spoiler: Public Word list (click to show/hide)

Say Quopeenis again and a couple of other words.

You scream a word again:

[Pot:1+1=2]
Yet another disturbance in the force nothing.

Well, better whisper the next ones:

[Pot:5+1=6]
Your left arm begins to glow with shimmering golden particles, but it fades away.

[Pot:5+1=6]
The alien guy begins to glow for some time. You hope he doesn't kill you for that.

Sorry my bad.

Words make the fun of the times

Moar words now that everyone is distracted with their own shiny things!

[Pot:6]
A thick golden line appears and draws a big sling.

[Pot:5]
Nothing happens!

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and draws something humanoid.

Now a a pair of bolas is drawn.

[Pot:6]
A big chunk of aluminium appears and falls to the ground, making typical aluminium sound.

Now a smaller chunk of lead appears. It looks heavy. Well, lie lead.

Your foot is still light. Yeah, and you still can't feel it. You are still uncertain on whether to stand up and risk losing that foot, or staying on the ground some more and risk somebody deciding to stomp your head. Maybe a crutch would help.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 22, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »

You done fucked up, boy.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 22, 2014, 01:07:39 pm »

You done fucked up, boy.

LET'S SEE WHAT YOU CAN BRING IN THE RING! OOOOOH YEAH!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Shortest siege ever.
« Reply #1163 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »

Do wizardy things.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 23, 2014, 12:29:12 am »

Magic.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 23, 2014, 05:27:15 am »

Start ambling over to discern the nature of those violent sounds I can hear with my metaalien-ears. Laugh at the fight in my freakish alien voice when I get there. Find a nice comfy spot on the wall to lean on while spectating (and deciding my next move). And science-ing.
(GOTO Greenhouse_room. That'll probably take all the turn.)

Also SCI-ENCE SCI-ENCE MAN (dun dun)! I WANNA BE, A SCI-ENCE MAN.

((Also, WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THE WORDS THAT SPECIFICALLY MAKE ME GLOW! *arglebargle*))
((Also, when is Derm going to use that spear? It has 2 turns left. It saddens me somehow.))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 24, 2014, 09:23:06 am »

I need action from Rolepgeek, Beirus and Toaster to finish the turn!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 24, 2014, 09:32:28 am »

"Uh, thanks dude!  I can dig it."

Head that way too and stuff.

((Can you recover used arrows?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 24, 2014, 10:10:31 am »

"Uh, thanks dude!  I can dig it."

Head that way too and stuff.

((Can you recover used arrows?))
It would depend on the material of the arrow and that of what you hit with them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 24, 2014, 10:57:15 am »

So I should only shoot them at soft things that they will nicely stick in, like flesh.  Gotcha.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 197