Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315230 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of general curiosity, can I change back to flesh currently? And what would my injury list be if I were to do so?

Also, what does a mauled head actually do?
1) You rolled a 6, so no without going through another transformation, but you don't actually ahve to activate said transformation.
2) You have to test the injuries. As a general rule, I can say that the kind of damage you received is just transformed from the general all-in-one mauling damage to the different kinds. Blunt becomes pain, for example.
3) Injuries in the head affect pot rolls. And now I realize that I forgot to add that malus to your rolls. My apologies for that, but is doesn't change anything important anyway. I'm editing it in shortly, just to prevent confusions, but the information will remain the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Oh, so I would just get a migraine or something. Damn.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to go all out for this possibility of repair.

Focus Pot. GO BEYOND THE BEYOND!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, I guess I'll have to go all out for this possibility of repair.
So far, and to my knowledge (because perhaps you can come up with more than me), there are four methods of repair. One of them is the repair word, one is just by using words much like how you would do it in the original Perplexicon, the other is via control means, and the last one is secret and si part of the mechanics (currently accesible to most players I believe), and maybe will be discovered, or maybe not.

Now that I think about it, there is a fifth one, but that enters into the domains of "Fun".

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

We'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:43:07 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I like big butts and I cannot lie
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lemme ask you a question, Mako. Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Orkamania runs wild on you?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Hmmm.

I wonder what happens if I just stack appendix words over and over again.

Also I really want to find the word for 'Left Foot' now. Or 'Foot'. The androgynous foot thing. *Sigh* And I was just about ready to go and turn someone into blood...back to science, I guess...

Sigh...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

Woo! Ineffective violence!

REPEAT UNTIL DEATH DO WE PART

((So purple death and general mauling))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOOOOO BROTHER.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That moment when you are about to finish the (hilarious) turn and notice that you lack one action.

NAV, please report to the thread and determine the next course of actions of your characters please.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Really sorry. I thought I posted.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That moment where the GM says the upcoming turn will be hilarious and you shudder in fear.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The GM is the one hated by the dice!
« Reply #1258 on: July 15, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »

Turn 053

Focus Pot. GO BEYOND THE BEYOND!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-Why am I screaming alone?-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You are pretty much concentrated in that, but unfortunately you foot became an axe again. Yeah, it sucks.

((Back to old stats))

((But point blank is the best range!  :P))

Completely irrelevant comment

HOOOOO BROTHER.

[Robert spd:1]
[Mako spd:1]
[Systar spd:1]

((This may seem weird, but haven't you ever found that the GM is the one hated by the dice? Because I think that I am))

REROLL:

[Robert spd:4]
[Mako spd:6]
[Systar spd:3]

Mako decides to reposition himself so that his ass does not end up being pierced by an arrow. Because, you know, that would be utterly uncomfortable. He tries to put The ork whose attempts at WHAAAAAGGG have recently failed spectacularly:

[Mako str:2+1=3]
[Robert str:3]

But the damned expensive fellow wiggles to the point of being really uncomfortable for Mako and risks getting loose, so he just tightens his grip around the ork.

It is, however, an opportunity for Systar to give that fellow the dark and shiny obsidian death that he deserves!

[Systar str:2+1=3]

d2:1: Robert

[Systar dex:1+1-1-1=0]
[Robert dex:1-2=-1]

And he failed at that, unwillingly firing the arrow at the diamond parody of bloodthirsty ork. And Robert, being pretty much unable to move, stopped the arrow with his back, and, while the arrow didn't lodge into him, it caused some cracks in his structure.

But the ork has more tricks! Namely, fire!

[Robert pot:6+1=7]
[Mako dex:5+1-2=4]

A huge fire erupted just in front of Mako's face, he managing to evade most of it by means of jumping backwards and pulling his diamond prey with him.

Mako has gained:
-Arms and torso:
[Minor burns]

Hmmm.

I wonder what happens if I just stack appendix words over and over again.

Also I really want to find the word for 'Left Foot' now. Or 'Foot'. The androgynous foot thing. *Sigh* And I was just about ready to go and turn someone into blood...back to science, I guess...

Sigh...

Yeah, let's do the craziest stuff!

[Pot:4]
You get two visions of cogs and other stuff, one overlapped over the other, but slightly uncoordinated, like if you are seeing each one with just one eye, and with a little time of difference between them. It makes you get a little dizzy.

[Pot:1]
[Will:4]
Your left leg begins to glow without asking permission, and then with a flash of light it becomes, something? It seems like OH SHI- OH SHI- DON'T KILL ME WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU? The glowing thick and silvery humanoid made of cogs is protruding from your hips, where your leg used to be, and seems to be trying to attack you with its hands, but at the same time you are using it as footing.

((You get no status update because you don't know how will this influence you. Not that you will live much more))

Woo! Ineffective violence!

REPEAT UNTIL DEATH DO WE PART

((So purple death and general mauling))

Action!

Really sorry. I thought I posted.

[Bigf01t spd:6+1-1=6]
[Miol spd:3-2-1=0]
[Igor spd:4-1=3]

Miol tries to flee! But the pain is too strong for him to bear!

The alien guy, on the other hand, is quite eager to show his little spiky toy to him again:

[Bigf01t dex:5+1=6]
[Miol dex:1-2=-1]

Cripple execution:
[Bigf01t str:2-1+1=2]

Bigf01t decided to go greedily for the kill, but the blow only managed to mildly make Miol a little more uncomfortable, just that. All that bling, and in the end, in the hands of a weakling it is the same!

Well, at least there is plan B:

[Bigf01t pot:5+1=6]
[Miol dex:4-1-1-1=1]

The mist in now almost totally inhaled by the poor Miol, who by this time thinks that some coughing is not the mos important priority here. He was wrong, really wrong.

But before he can realize that, here comes Igor!

[Igor pot:1-1=0]
[Igor end:3+3=6]
More buzzing at your back, wooo!

Also, time for plan B:

IGOR PUNCHESPUNCH!

[Igor dex:3-1-1=1]
[Miol dex:2-1-1=0]

[Igor str:4-1=3]

He softly punches Miol, who doesn't acknowledge much how all the world is turning all around in front of him, more focused and what will likely be his doom soon.

Miol gained: Head: [Pain I]

Yes, he can feel it. Or, rather, he can feel the lack of it, yes. It is the lack of... WHY IS ALL MY BODY SUDDENLY TINGLING?!?!
Gained:
[Necrosis]

On the other hand, Igor's burns don't hurt anymore. Not that he actually felt them, though.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Suddenly the turn got even more interesting!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you smelllllllllll what the Ork is cooking?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 197