Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317272 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Two guys almost died in this turn.
« Reply #1680 on: November 18, 2014, 04:37:58 am »

The sheep CAN die.
Later.
Attempt to re-introduce Mako to my mace. As many times as necessary. If this turns into the Benny Hills show(ground of Murder) then FINE. Find and kill! ;D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:49 am »

Pointing this out:

The sheep is currently in the NE hallway, near Igor Jr.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:57 am »

Offering bodyguard services to highest bidder.

For now just focus pot.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The bad luck is real.
« Reply #1683 on: November 20, 2014, 06:11:27 am »

Turn 079

"... Was that another 'mistake' or do I need to smite a bitch?"

Hell hath been wrought.

"Nah, that one's for real!"

Story of my life, really.  Get one great roll and miss the other by >< that much.

I'm a Dragon again!

Quote from: EP
PM

[Systar spd:6-1=5]
[Derm spd:5-1=4]
[Robert spd:4-1=3]
[Flimsy spd:5-1-1=3]

Systar sprints to Derm, with the intent of finishing this once and for all:

[Systar dex:4-1=3]
[Derm dex:1+1+1-1-1=1]

[Systar str:1+1+1-1=2]

And he runs up to Derm, who was not expecting this, and slashes across his torso, catching one of the carvings from his previous burns and managing to penetrate a bit more, but just that.

Now, it's Derm's turn!

[Derm pot:4+1=5]
[Derm dex:5+1+2+1-1-1=7]
[Systar dex:6+1-1=6]

A bunch of magma appears in an angle in front of Derm and is fired towards Systar! He rolls out of the way, evading it completely by sticking to a wall as much as he can.

But, now, Derm goes for his second spell:

[Derm pot:1+1=2]
He looks at the floor and there seems to be a faint glow coming from it, but it fizzles and disappears. Dammit.

Then both the Dragon and The Flimsy Wizard enter the fray! As the Dragon just walk over the magma, without giving a dragon fuck about it, the Wizard finds that he has to be a tad more careful to not touch the magma to enter the damned hallway. In a hurry, running past the magma will be complicated.

Spd tie:

[Robert spd:1]
[Flimsy spd:3-1=2]

The Flimsy Wizard reacts first, because the Dragon was feeling too badass walking over magma:

[Flimsy pot:4+1=5]
[Flimsy end:2-1=1]
[Systar end:6]

A blot of lightning is shot from the Flimsy Wizard to Systar, extending to the sides with beautiful but ephemeral ramifications, forming a geometrical pattern. The Wizard can't quite resist it, but Systar seems to be fine. After all, he has already gone through it before.

Flimsy has now: [Paralysis:2]

Well, that went awful, take two:

[Flimsy pot:2+1=3]
[Flimsy end:5-1=4]
[Systar end:1]

And this time, the smaller lightning pattern that hit Systar managed to stagger him a little. The Flimsy Wizard, as he was already paralysed, didn't suffer much.

Systar has [Paralysis]

Finally, it's dragon time!

[Robert dex:2]

[Systar dex:3-1-1-2=-1]
[Systar will:5-1=4] ((Against a potency of 5, then divided by 2 and rounded up))

The Dragon roars as a green skull is fired from his mouth in the direction of the poor Systar, who was too exhausted to try to evade it. The skull hit him squarely and disintegrated, but Systar felt as it was still there, biting and yanking at his essence. It was uncomfortable, but not much.

Soul meter:5/6

And now, upon facing three guys at the same time (one of them a Dragon), Systar realizes that he is screwed.

Meanwhile, a ruckus is happening in the Grand Room, as a big amount of the geometrical entities come out of the walls of both the room and the adjacent hallways. As some floating spheres begin to dismantle and disintegrate the various bodies laying around, some cubes with octariney energy inside of them open and use it to cut the walls in squares, so that they can be easily absorbed by the many upside-down pyramids that function as vacuum cleaners which just vanish what they absorb.

It
Can
Die

Where is that damned sheep? Oh, right, it is in that hallway.

As Trevor enters the hallway, he watches how the leg of the sheep, which was recently dissolved by Bigf01t's acid, grows itself again by twitching and twisting until the cloth leg is back there.

Well, that thing is going to be something difficult to kill. At least Trevor can try:

[Trevor pot:1]
[End:2]

Trevor's back is struck with lightning, which goes trough all his nervous system. All he can feel now is numbness.

Trevor now has [Paralysis]

That was bad luck. A damned lot of bad luck. The sheep is too busy regenerating to attack him, though.

On the other hand, your soul is slowly getting more attached to your body.

Oh, and the guy with the pillows seems to be screaming widly:

Offering bodyguard services to highest bidder.

For now just focus pot.

You channel your inner wizard:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You see some kind of cybernetic guy run past you. Wait, could he be the one responsible for... the murder of your father?

He will have to pay, when you stop screaming like a monkey. Maybe.

The sheep CAN die.
Later.
Attempt to re-introduce Mako to my mace. As many times as necessary. If this turns into the Benny Hills show(ground of Murder) then FINE. Find and kill! ;D

Quote from: Mako
PM

Bigf01t sprints pas the hallway in search for that Mako guy. Upon going past the entrance to the Arcane Room, it is Mako who finds him, coming from behind him:

[Mako dex:1+1-1=1]
[Bigf01t dex:5]

But Mako has clearly not considered that this guy is made of metal and finds that trying to stab him is more complicated than what it seems (not to mention what would be its actual effects). Bigf01t uses the opportunity to strike Mako as he has kindly came to met him:

[Bigf01t dex:4-1-1=2]
[Mako dex:6+1=7]

But Bigf01t doesn't factor the weight of his equipment into his equation, and as he loses balance Mako grabs him and tries to Judo-Throw him:

[Mako str:3+1=4]
[Bigf01t dex:1]

And Bigf01t falls on his back, in front of Mako.

[On ground]

Well, that wasn't in Bigf01t's plans.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 20, 2014, 06:58:39 am »

Grab Mako's leg or trip him over or something. Lets have a romantic frolic in the Valley of Death!
Also shout my fav pink mist word (@GM u know what I mean ;)) and keep swinging that mace!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 20, 2014, 09:19:31 am »

"You call that an alpha strike?"

Finish off one of them so I can concentrate on the others.

Shouldn't Flimsy have some pot spent?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 20, 2014, 10:26:27 am »

Shouldn't Flimsy have some pot spent?
Oops. He spent all his magic mojo that turn, so he is at one pool

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:45 am »

"I call that bad luck and teammates not using mana efficiently. Shut up and die now kthnxbai"

The things I do, I do for you
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »

GODS DAMN IT ALL

Move away from fighting, but towards Bigf00t. I guess.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 22, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »

Violence not Silence.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Players getting horribly mauled down here.
« Reply #1690 on: November 23, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »

Turn 080

Finish off one of them so I can concentrate on the others.

"I call that bad luck and teammates not using mana efficiently. Shut up and die now kthnxbai"

The things I do, I do for you

Violence not Silence.

Quote from: EP
PM

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[Systar spd:5-1-2=2]
[Derm spd:2+1=3]

[Igor Jr. spd:2-1-1=0]

Derm strikes back with even more magic:

[Derm pot:2+1=3]
[Systar dex:3+1-1=3]

A little bit of fire erupts in front of Derm, but Systar moves away just in time.

Time for spiky plan B:

[Derm dex:5+1-1-1+1=5]
[Systar dex:2+1-1-1=1]

[Derm str:5+1-1+1=6]

Derm pokes Systar pretty hard in his chest, not hitting anything too important, but making him reel and touch the hole that just appeared there. Blood is sprouting from it. It is not too dangerous, but it could certainly be with a little more of poking help.

Systar's chest now has:
[Profuse bleeding]

But Systar reacts back, hoping to end this before he suffers more injuries, and because  after all this he is angry. Really angry:

[Systar dex:6+1-2-1-1=3]
[Derm dex:3+1-2-1+1=2]

[Systar str:6+1+1=8]

Systar, gathering all the damned strength he can possibly gather, swings his naginata horizontally, not attempting to slice any more, but to hack at Derm's corroded torso. The blade hits the surprised Derm right at lung-height, and gets stuck in it.

Derm's torso wounds upgraded to [Heavily mauled]

But Derm is always the one to capitalize every situation, even if said situation means to get more than half your torso cut in half. He attempts to grab the naginata before Systar pulls it out!

[Derm spd:5+1-2=4]
[Systar spd:4]

But he doesn't manage to do it in time, as Systar kicks him and yanks his weapon free.

((And Derm was saved just because slashing weapons do half damage to anything that can't bleed, and thus becomes a less effective hacking weapon. It is not even necessary to say that his torso health is at critical levels))

Meanwhile, in the NE hallway, both the guy with the pillows, and the guy who almost sucked his own soul away, are traversing it, trying to not pay attention to the sheep that is trying to select its future victim. And guess who did it chose? Yeah, the scarred, ugly guy:

[P sheep dex:2-1=1]
[Igor Jr. dex:5]

But Igor Jr. manages to catch the Dragon Head trying to bite him, and does what he can to sever it. In other words, tries to bite it off!

[Igor Jr. str:3]

And after several quick pulls with his teeth, he manages to separate the head from the rest of the cloth animal, and the metal head now lies lifeless on the ground. But he has to do something more important than killing this sheep. Like, attacking vulnerable people! He walks to the Northern hallway, only to find that there is already a fight there, but who cares, there is a guy trying to not get hurt. Better hurt him:

[Igor Jr. pot:3+1=4]
[Igor Jr. end:1+1=2]
[Flimsy end:6-1=5]

Ahhh, the old and not reliable method of walking to people and creating a great distortion in the electric potentials right in their faces. Yeah, this time Igor Jr. couldn't resist it, but the Flimsy Wizard was maybe too used to it, ad so he didn't get in a worse condition that what he was before. Not that there was a worse condition than what he already had (barring death, of course).

Igor Jr now has: [Paralysis]

Well, at least he can try to bite him:

[Igor dex:4-1=3]
[Flimsy dex:2-1-1+1=1]

[Igor str:1]

But, despite managing to bite the Wizard's robe, he is just shoved away.

The drake opens his mouth and emits a loud

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Grab Mako's leg or trip him over or something. Lets have a romantic frolic in the Valley of Death!
Also shout my fav pink mist word (@GM u know what I mean ;)) and keep swinging that mace!

Quote from: TCM
PM

[Bigf01t spd:2-1=1]
[Mako spd:3]

Mako attempts to steal that badass looking spiky demon-thing head that seems to be a weapon. He totally ignores all the green smoke and screams coming out of it, even if one of his previous incarnations died because of it:

[Mako dex:4+1=5]
[Bigf01t dex:5+1-1=5]

[Mako str:6+1=7]
[Bigf01t str:6+1=7]

[Mako will:3-1=2]

And he manages to catch it as bigf01t swings it wildly trying to prevent his precious possession to be stolen like that. He feels how the weapon is yanking at his essence, trying to suck it, to possess it, implying that Mako wouldn't possess his essence any more. That is unsettling, but nevertheless Mako keeps trying to pull it from Bigf01t's silver gauntlets, but the bastard manages to pull a damned lot of strength out of one of his orifices (because these transformations make you technically not-alive), and offers more than enough resistance.

Mako's soul meter is now:

Soul meter:3/6

You know what this is? A wonderful opportunity for Bigf01t to use his favourite word, the necrosis fog:

[Bigf01t pot:1+1=2]

But just a glimpse of something purple can be seen in the air. Well, going for yet another plan: making the other guy fall too.

[Bigf01t dex:3-1-1=1]
[Mako dex:6+1=7]

But Mako anticipates that movement and grabs one of his arms, and tries to pull it off!

[Mako str:4+1=5]
[Bigf01t str:5+1=6]

But that bastard manages to beat him. Again. This is getting irritating.

GODS DAMN IT ALL

Move away from fighting, but towards Bigf00t. I guess.

You move to the room where Bigf01t is. He is involved in a fight with some guy. Huh.

Your paralysis is gone, and also, your soul is reattaching to your body faster than before. Woooo!

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 23, 2014, 02:32:26 pm »

Wow. This is getting pretty ridiculous. Five people in one battle?

If only I had more pool.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 23, 2014, 02:52:25 pm »

"Heh... I don't suppose we could come to some agreement here? I mean, even if you do kill me, you are so wounded that my compatriots here will murder you soon out of revenge anyhow. There really is no way you're getting me and then getting out alive here."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 23, 2014, 03:50:15 pm »

"I think you and I both know that there is no compromise here!"

Finish him off!  Overdrive that dex and Finish destroying his chest, so he falls into 5 little Derm-bits.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:21:10 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 197