Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315181 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #1860 on: January 11, 2015, 01:33:36 pm »

"Well this is just beautiful. Woooooo"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 11, 2015, 02:01:34 pm »

"Ouch?"

Good thing I have a plan for all this
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 11, 2015, 05:53:27 pm »

"You gotta be kidding me. So, a big magic book full of powerful words of nothing... weird monsters walking around and killing each other, and i can't do anything... Well, let's try again; I mean, there must be SOMETHING useful, right?!"
Y-537, then R-741. If the liquid guy gets close, hit him on the hand.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 12, 2015, 02:07:52 am »

That... was unexpectedly useful.

(Slightly delayed turn while I wait for some info, but I've PMd a science turn just in case that doesn't happen/takes too long)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 12, 2015, 09:13:56 am »

Well, more science. Not like you were expecting anything else.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Almost shot his own foot. With an arrow.
« Reply #1865 on: January 12, 2015, 12:11:22 pm »

Jack Vihmut in Arcane Room

Where are my tools? Also why are we posting silly things like this?
Also heading to greener hunting grounds.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:17:04 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 12, 2015, 12:42:27 pm »

Tools?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 12, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »

Now we have two Magma Rooms!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 12, 2015, 01:45:24 pm »

Tools?

Magical words to create tools of murder.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 13, 2015, 05:25:57 am »

TURN EDIT. I DID THE THING. THE THANG HAS BEEN EDITED.
(EDIT: Oh god, I think I just edited the edit, nevermind. I'm done now. I think)
((PPS: I am so sorry Tomcost, so very sorry. On the plus side this is a well thought out, and hopefully clever bit of science, well, as far as what science goes for around here. Which means someone will probably die. Hopefully not me. :P))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:40:05 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 13, 2015, 09:15:55 am »

I am dragon, hear me rawr
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 13, 2015, 03:51:16 pm »

We are currently waiting on Elephant Parade, the other half of the turn is made.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 13, 2015, 11:11:14 pm »

[Take me out, a dedicated wizard can take my spot. Plus, this isn't the place for RAGE anyways.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: where players suffer becuse of their own decisions
« Reply #1873 on: January 14, 2015, 01:25:08 pm »

Turn 093

"You gotta be kidding me. So, a big magic book full of powerful words of nothing... weird monsters walking around and killing each other, and i can't do anything... Well, let's try again; I mean, there must be SOMETHING useful, right?!"
Y-537, then R-741. If the liquid guy gets close, hit him on the hand.

As the not-any more liquid guy keeps doing his own magic stuff, you try two more words:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A chunk of gold, the size of your head, pops into existence in front of you, falling shortly thereafter. You are rich! And now you know the word to become rich! And money and gold are totally inconsequential if you die! oh, wait, fuck.

[Pot:3+1=4]
[End:3]

A black fog materializes in front of you, then immediately tries to inserts itself into your body. You resist as much as you can, but the fog eventually penetrates, spreading through your whole structure as black veins covering all your body. Then, the worst happens. They seem to become stiff and hard, and lose all their flexibility, and the rest of yor boy soon follows as well. This doesn't look good.

[Enveloping Darkness: Stiffness.1]

Well, more science. Not like you were expecting anything else.

Not pleased at the results of your latest science, you decide to try something that will hopefully help you to not die.

[Pot:2]
You briefly glow, but nothing else happens. Hmm, second try:

[Pot:4]
Your hand flashes with light, and then it seems to be back at normal. That's nice. Shortly after, you begin to glow with a nice intensity, and the magic seems likely to obey your commands, so you mentally order it to react, and you flash with light. Judging by how your body reflects the light, you have taken a kind of metallic material as your new body, and after testing it out, you conclude that you are now made of reliable steel.

-Steel body:
[Smooth surface]
[Yields]

Then you try more magic:

[Pot:1]
You abruptly flash with light, and now you are back at human form. You messed that one, it seems.

And, at last, a lonely word:

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a nice rendition of a small bird, quite detailed, but you can't quite identify the species of the animal, as if it had been quite generic as a bird.

I am dragon, hear me rawr

The emaciated drake tries to exhale fire. He concentrates hard enough, and...

[Pot:3] ((Fixed))

A small fireball comes out of its mouth! It proceeds to burst against the wall, some flames scattering to the plants in the room, but not causing harm, as the plants were quite green to be burned by insignificant embers.

What is odd is that the drake didn't feel any kind of particularly hot warmth coursing through its neck. Maybe his fixed temperature has to do something about that.

Putting aside those thoughts, the drake decides to try more magic:

[Pot:1]
[Will:1] ((If you wonder if I have fun when this happens, I have to tell you that I don't, I hate when someone is crippled due to their own incompetence))

The portion of the drake's body that is attached to its tail, alongside the tail itself and the two legs, flashes abruptly with light. Then, the drake falls to the ground, noticing that he doesn't feel that part of his body any more. Crap. He turns around, only to notice how his lower portion has turned into what seems to be something white and with what seems like a texture resembling clay, judging by what it looks like. And that is the only way to analyse it, as the rest has sunk into the floor, phasing through it as if didn't have a corporeal existence.

After trying to move with some degree of grace again, the drake notices that the lifeless thing attached to his body is totally weightless. In fact, the only thing that seems to indicate that it exists is that it can be seen, which either could mean that photons interact with it, or that magic is playing illusions with your mind.

Lower portion of your body has become inert immaterial porcelain:
-2 to dexterity and speed.

((This is because of the -1 malus of losing half your legs, and the -1 malus of being permanently [On ground]. The On ground penalty could be offset if you manage to somehow make a crutch or something so that you don't creep on your belly to move))

Realizing that you don't have many things to do, and that actually you would like to not stare at the dead body with the sombrero or at the dangerous looking arcane beams shooting to the ceiling, you decide to do more magic:

[Pot:4-1=3]
You get a golden line, that draws a small humanoid figure.

[Pot:1-1=0]
[Will:3-1-1=1]

Something goes wrong, and then you notice that your left arm is glowing, only to be surprised by a wild flash that leaves you almost blind for an instant. You can't feel your arms any more, and, upon looking at them, you notice that they have both become solid obsidian. And that they are heavy, quite heavy. It is going to be difficult to run with them.

Arms are inert obsidian:
-2 to speed because of the added weight.
And you can't use them.

"Ouch?"

Good thing I have a plan for all this

That... was unexpectedly useful.

(Slightly delayed turn while I wait for some info, but I've PMd a science turn just in case that doesn't happen/takes too long)

Now we have two Magma Rooms!

Quote from: EP
PM

[Systar spd:4+1-1=4]
[Robert spd:5]
[Flimsy spd:4-1=3]

Chase!

The diamond God closes up on Systar as he reaches the western exit of the Grand Room. The Flimsy Wizard follows behind.

[Systar spd:1+1=2]
[Bigf01t spd:6-1=5]
[Robert spd:6]
[Flimsy spd:5-1=4]

Ans as the crippled guy enters the bridge, he is jumped onto by the diamond serpent:

[Robert dex:3]
[Systar dex:1+1-1-1=0]

[Robert str:3-1=2]

And the diamond construct lazily bites Systar in his torso, not doing much damage, but getting his teeth sunk enough to prevent his escape.

Systar now has [Bleeding I] on his chest.

And, as the Wizard is entering the bridge, Bigf01t has a mischievous idea. He turns to all the people, and says some words:

[Pot:5+1=6]

A huge, porous diamond wall pops into existence and is fired with a damned lot of strength towards the dudes who are fighting! It is too big to even be dodged! It seems that there is no way to escape it other than engaging in an Indiana Jones run towards the exit. Both Robert and Systar stop struggling and just begin to run.

[Systar spd:5+1-1=5]
[Robert spd:6-1=5]
[Flimsy spd:4-1-1=2]

The wall exercises a pulling force over Robert and the Flimsy Wizard, although the latter can only feel said pull with his head or torso. The wall is coming too quickly for both them and Systar, though, and it hits them before they can reach the exit.

For Systar, is just felt as an uncomfortable bump, but his naginata got attached to the wall, and it begun to be absorbed by it, cracking away pieces of it, which entered the wall through the different holes across it.

Diamond naginata lost!

The Flimsy Wizard couldn't react in time, and as such the wall hit hit straight in his everything. Oddly enough, he wasn't pulled into the abyss nor thrown away, as he is still attached to the wall, and it seems to be slowly eating both his torso and its head, breaking and absorbing little pieces of it, with a terrible sound akin to glass breaking, continuously and without stopping.

Having less mass, Flimsy's head has already become [Slightly mauled]. His torso damage isn't enough for any meaningful effect.

The feathered serpent, although running more quickly than the Wizard, could not escape the wall either, but managed to turn around and almost reach the exit when the wall hit him. Instead of attaching to his head, like what the poor Wizard had to suffer, the wall attached to his lower legs, where it proceeded tu suck away parts of his body, being helped by the temporary weakness of magma-heated diamond.

Robert's back legs have become [Slightly mauled] too.

Spoiler: Effects (must read) (click to show/hide)

Systar finds himself relatively safe for now, despite the fact that both of his foes are attached just at the entrance of the room and the diamond god can possibly still attempt to bite him.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 94dima94 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 14, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »

"The fuck is this?"

Eh, might as well go wild!

((Can I at least use my arms as a mace, for example if I spin around wildly? Or are they locked in place?))
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 197