Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311124 times)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: where players suffer becuse of their own decisions
« Reply #1890 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:54 am »

Then, slight change to the turn:
Leave the magma room as quickly as possible, while trying to make the numbness go away.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 15, 2015, 11:03:55 am »

Then, slight change to the turn:
Leave the magma room as quickly as possible, while trying to make the numbness go away.
The numbness will only last one turn, so I would advise against trying to make the numbness go away for this turn. That will only waste an action.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 16, 2015, 04:43:51 pm »

Time to try more stuff...
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 17, 2015, 07:58:11 am »

I'll leave my action like that. I don't want to change my action because of new "metagame" informations...
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 17, 2015, 02:42:53 pm »

I'll leave my action like that. I don't want to change my action because of new "metagame" informations...
This entire game has no real distinction between IC and OOC. That's not meta game info, that's 'the numbness is slowly fading'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 17, 2015, 02:45:03 pm »

This entire game has no real distinction between IC and OOC. That's not meta game info, that's 'the numbness is slowly fading'
Being a competitive PvP game, there is no problem in using meta information. In fact, if I don't want somebody to use meta information, I just don't write. Also, I'm making the turn right now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 17, 2015, 04:23:21 pm »

Being a competitive PvP game, there is no problem in using meta information. In fact, if I don't want somebody to use meta information, I just don't write. Also, I'm making the turn right now.
I didn't do a thing yet.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: With even more examples of bad Wizardry.
« Reply #1897 on: January 18, 2015, 03:22:02 pm »

Turn 094

Jack Vihmut in Arcane Room

"The fuck is this?"

Eh, might as well go wild!

((Can I at least use my arms as a mace, for example if I spin around wildly? Or are they locked in place?))

Realizing that you are condemned to do something you are definitely not good at, you decide to try more magic:

[Pot:5-1=4]
A golden line appears to your right and draws a motionless monkey. Hmm.

Well at least I can still breathe fire. That's certainly nice.

Let's see if this works.

This better work:

[Pot:6]
A few golden particles trying with a lot of effort to manifest themselves tell you that whatever thing they tried to target doesn't actually exist, or is unreachable by your powers.

Dammit.

Time to try more stuff...

You try again your stuff:

[Pot:5]
Your right hands begins to emit a comforting golden glow. The magic seems to be completely under your control, and as such you order it to react. With a flash of light, you notice that your hand hasn't changed, but you feel it lighter, more nimble.

Right hand is now: [Light]

Then you try other stuff:

[Pot:4]
Your right hand flashes with light, and now it is back at its previous weight. Soon after it begins glowing again, indicating that there is yet another transformation to be activated. You do so, and your hand flashes again, this time revealing a really similar hand, but that now feels quite odd. You touch it, and notice that it slightly more stiff than before. Upon further examination (and a lot of comparing), you notice that what has changed in this hand is that your blood seemed to become solid in the affected one, but for some reason didn't affect its ability to deliver precious oxygen to your flesh. Odd.

No effects.

[Pot:1]
[Will:2]
Your hand flashes with light and returns to its previous state. All was going moderately great until your left leg begun to glow uncontrollably for some reason, then, without asking permission, transformed into solid steel. This could have been good, but you can't move it. In fact, you can't even feel it. This is bad.

Left leg has becomes inert steel:
-1 to dodging and acrobatic actions.
-2 to speed (one leg less and more weight)

But at least you can try one final thing:

[Pot:1]
You mess with things again, but fortunately nothing happened this time.

You leave the room and the now crippled guy behind. Nobody pursues you, and soon the odd veins in your body fade away, and you realize that you can flex correctly your body again. Hooray! Looks like there is an interesting fight here.

Systar looks at his two former attackers struggling against the wall.  "Well then!"

People who were attacking me are stuck; what should I do about that?

"BIGFOOT WHY."
He, hehe, hehehe :P
((I also may just sig that later, if that's ok.))

Truth be told I was kinda hoping Toaster would make it to the bridge by then, but oh well.

Run and jump into the portal! Run, jog or stroll to the Grand Room from wherever it dumps me.
Hopefully.

((I am quite pleasantly surprised by how well that worked actually. Yay~))

Quote from: Beirus
PM

Quote from: EP
PM

[Systar spd:5+1=6]
[Bigf01t spd:5-1=4]
[Flimsy spd:2-1=1]

As the diamond God begins to emit an almighty roar, Systar backs away from his reach and points at the Flimsy Wizard:

[Systar pot:5]
((This rolls functions the same way as an strength roll when magically throwing stuff. This means that some things like good hits bonuses and light material penalties are added, for example))

[Systar dex:6+1-1=6]
[Flimsy dex:4-2=2]

A golden line appears and hastily draws a lion, then it is shot in the direction of the Wizard. During its travel, it flashes and becomes solid gold, just before hitting with its back one of the Wizard's arms, shattering it in the process. The lion slowly stands up, some of its back bended inwards, clearly deformed by the hit.

Flimsy's left arm is now: [Broken]

Systar just goes to the other side of the room, staying near the exit in case he needs to run the hell away, either from murderous dragon-gods or lions.

Bigf01t, meanwhile, decides to run the hell away, going through the portal. He finally reaches it and jumps through it. He lands face-first into the floor, and finds himself back at the entrance of the Portal Room. He really hates when that happens.

Back at the place of the cursed diamond-eating wall, The Flimsy Wizard tried to get out of his prison, with style:

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

A bolt of electricity shoots from Flimsy's head forwards, obviously catching the diamond wall his face had been planted against. A small explosion is heard, and suddenly the Wizard finds his head inside a small hole in the wall, from where he can see how the insides of the wall are actually empty and how the diamond from both his head an his body are slowly being sucked inside the thing, making it stronger, and also producing an unsettling cacophony of sound akin to broken glass.

Unfortunately for the Wizard, he couldn't resist the lightning and found a growing numbness across his body.

The Flimsy Wizard has now [Paralysis]

((I decided to give it an actual effect and made the wall structurally weaker by 1, which is not much.))

After all this unfortunate thing, the Wizard tried to pull himself away form the wall:

[Flimsy str:6-1=5]

Pushing a damned lot he finds that he is near to breaking the suction force. He just needs a little more!

((He is at 5/7 of breaking out of it))

The wall still sucked more matter from both Flimsy's and Robert's body. Flimsy's head is now [Mauled] and his chest [Slightly mauled]. Robert's legs are now [Mauled].

The golden lion finally shook off his dizziness. He looks around, still confused, but his eyes seemed to catch the attention of those two guys who are fighting against the wall.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 94dima94 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Due to a mistake on my part, the word Cumeraproni (G-496) has been removed. I may also relocate the code of another word soon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 18, 2015, 03:24:50 pm »

Someday, I will win a speed roll.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 18, 2015, 03:36:23 pm »

Fuck.

Well...fuck.

Gonna have to risk it, then.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 18, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »

*Screams internally*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 19, 2015, 03:07:14 am »

*Screams internally*
Bigf01t, meanwhile, decides to run the hell away, going through the portal. He finally reaches it and jumps through it. He lands face-first into the floor, and finds himself back at the entrance of the Portal Room. He really hates when that happens.
I love this game. So much. :P
HUZZARZ!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 19, 2015, 09:24:11 am »

To be fair, I don't think that one would have done you much good.

Also, I find it hilarious that the only time I've disabled a limb in one shot (or disabled a limb at all) is with magic instead of my many physical attacks.  At least if I get Flimsy's two soul points I can have a +1 pot as well!  Go lion!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 19, 2015, 09:59:13 am »

To be fair, I don't think that one would have done you much good.
He could have hit Bigf01t with the lightning if he had rolled more than him.

Also, I find it hilarious that the only time I've disabled a limb in one shot (or disabled a limb at all) is with magic instead of my many physical attacks.
Because you weren't using a weapon designed to disable limbs, and you aimed for the center of mass, which resists more than a simple limb.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 19, 2015, 10:01:44 am »

The naginita could have severed them, at least.  I aimed it at legs many-a-time.

It's all good, though.  Broken arm via flying golden lion is what Perplexicon is all about.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 197