Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 315236 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Too many bosses V.2
« Reply #2220 on: March 30, 2015, 09:35:02 pm »

Robert chuckles. "Inertia, huh? So, what is the name of its opposing force, if you don't mind my asking? And I suppose a turn to prepare would be okay, as long as you grant me one if my transformation happens to fail during our fight."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 30, 2015, 09:40:59 pm »

Oh. I should ask the guide another question for In turn response.

"Guide, define properties of... wait, can you, say, only say it to me, by chance?"

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 31, 2015, 06:14:52 am »

Robert chuckles. "Inertia, huh? So, what is the name of its opposing force, if you don't mind my asking? And I suppose a turn to prepare would be okay, as long as you grant me one if my transformation happens to fail during our fight."

"Yep, Inertia is one of the forces, they are basically crazy fuckers which want to have complete control over the universe or something like that. A cool concept, if you ask me, too bad even the arena turned into an non-viable business. Anyway, I will give you a short time to prepare, and only that. If you lose your transformation, it is your problem, not mine. The Soulbreaker is always at peak condition for chopping, hehe!"

Oh. I should ask the guide another question for In turn response.

"Guide, define properties of... wait, can you, say, only say it to me, by chance?"

"Information is given publicly, as it has public access."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Space ninja attacks!
« Reply #2223 on: April 01, 2015, 05:19:04 pm »

Turn 109

pm I hope this works!

You are ready to fix your arms. And then you realize that you have not enough magic mojo to do it.

((You can put another action here, but you only have 3 pool))

Quote from: EP
PM

You focus your inner magic capabilities in the best style you know: screaming like if someone had stepped over your toe:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote from: Derm
PM

You first attempt to charge your crossbow:

[Str:5-1-1=4]
And you are near it! You still have some work to do.

Meanwhile, you do science:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears, and draws a kind of round object, but it is hollow for some reason. It vanishes. You ponder about what it could be.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Another golden line, which this time just wiggles.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick line appears, and draws a pair of leg-guards, one that could fit a horse better than you.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A huge chunk of concrete appears and falls to the ground.

Bigf01t hasn't given you the bolts yet.

"Now we're talking!  Not quite Space Armor! but it'll do for a budding Space Wizard! like myself!"

Let's make some Space Accessories! to go with it.

Speshh acceshoriesh!

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick line appears, and then begins to draw something: a big pair of gloves, that's clear, but they appear somewhat mechanic in nature: unnecessary cogs and useless little levers decorate its sides, but as an addition, the fingertips look... sharpened. With a flash of light, they materialize into biometal. They are mostly soft, excluding for the pseudo-contraptions that decorate it, which are more rigid, and the fingertips, which are sharp. They look nice overall, like the gloves a mad scientist would use. Maybe the gloves of a mutated mad scientist, if you take into consideration the sharp fingertips, that look like claws.

-Big steampunk biometal gloves:
[Has an edge]
[Soft]

TURN IT ON IT'S HEAD!

More inventions! You have transcended science, and so now you are a creator! Everybody will bow before your inventions. Or something. You just hope it works.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears, and then it divides into 6 different lines. Each of them draws a bolt-crossbow, just as before. With a flash of light, they materialize into steel, with crystal heads.

Well, as least you can experiment with them. You touch one, and a little toadstool materializes in front of it, much like if you had magically summoned it yourself.

Hmm. What other things could be done by these bolt-crossbows?

Quote from: NAV
PM

Quote from: Dorsidwarf
PM

[TNI spd:4-1-1=2]
[Doris spd:1-1=0]
[Zealot spd:3+1=4]

The Zealot briefly considers something, but then decides to charge at Not Igor, with the intent of piercing his head with arcane beams of doom.

[Zealot dex:2+2-1=3]
[Not Igor dex:1-1-1=-1]

The Zealot does a spinning-jump and slashes at Not Igor with both of his arcane beams, the first one tearing most of his mouth and the second one getting his nose, which evaporated in an explosion of arcane energy, much like his front teeth. Not Igor reeled, but he could observe how the arcane beams were now just barely visible specks of energy.

Not Igor's head is now:
[Mauled]

Nevertheless, he decided to grab the axe with his nice diamond gloves:

-Steampunk steel/electric axe:
[Hacking weapon]
[Shocking 1/4]
It can be charged again with the crank! (counts as a physical action for the turn)

Now, time to destroy that filthy zealot guy. Not Igor looks at him:

[TNI pot:5-1=4]

[TNI dex:5-1=4]
[Zealot dex:4+2=6]

He tries to look at the Zealot, but the bastard jumps away. When the spell triggers, it is a patch of the floor that gets affected, and it appears into a semi-transparent black substance, that instantly begins to pull everything towards it!

[Zealot str:4-1=3]
[TNI str:6-1=5]

Not Igor pulls an astounding amount of strength from who knows where to remain in place, but the Zealot is slowly pulled towards it, until the strange matter swallows his feet! As the matter disappears, silvery liquid flows from his wound.

Not Igor tries a second time!

[TNI pot:4-1=3]

[TNI dex:4-1=3]
[Zealot dex:5+2-1-1=5]

But he fails again at transforming his foe, instead, another patch of floor receives the transformation:

[Zealot str:3-1=2]
[TNI str:2-1=1]

This time, though, Not Igor doesn't manage to hold his place, and is slowly pulled towards the anomaly! The Zealot is also pulled, his footless-leg getting even deeper, now losing all matter until slightly above the knee. Not Igor, grasping his precious axe with all he can, lets instead part of his inert leather leg sink into the matter-destroying hole, which consumes it until knee-height, too, at which point the transparent dark matter has totally destroyed itself against the rest of the normal matter that got in contact with it.

But Not Igor keeps trying!

[Pot:4-1=3]

[TNI dex:2-1=1]
[Zealot dex:3+2-1-1=3]

Again, Not Igor misses, now he has to stand the pulling force again!

[Zealot str:5-1=4]
[TNI str:5-1=4]

This time though, both of them manage to avoid the void. Not having alternatives, Not Igor runs towards the Greenhouse Room. Oddly enough, the Zealot doesn't attempt to follow him.

Doris thought about entering the room with the intent of casting a spell, only to find how she had spent most of her magic mojo before. The rest allowed her to fully recover her energies, though.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[♪]

"Well, as you wish..." The Knight says, as he begins to prepare to strike.

Robert, meanwhile, focuses his power:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Space ninja attacks!
« Reply #2224 on: April 01, 2015, 05:33:06 pm »

"Oh, shit, wait, is there another miniboss over there? Dammit we don't need these distractions!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 01, 2015, 08:09:19 pm »

Oh, right, give the +bolts+ to Derm. They are crafted with the power of love. :P

((Mr GM, could you just confirm that you translated that 100%? If so, then I'm going to need MUCH more science! Bah, I was hoping that would spit out bolts, not fungi! Also could you clarify if I touched it with my gloves, or if I touched it without? Does it activate through gloves?))

Damn it! I need some WORKING equipment! (this is turntext)

"Yo guide! What can you tell me about the third word in my sentence? Perhaps under the definition for "Emmits" or "Casts"?" ((Understandable if this is too "vague" for the guide, or if my understanding of the word is too low atm, but cheeky things are asked below ;D ))

"Also Guide, search and retrieve researcher notes (if present) by the following keywords, "Control" and "Repair"" ((the latter I know is a word, someone here actually USED it earlier))

"Finally, what information do we have access to regarding the ArcaneTech group and the three members of which I have seen so far "Tim", "Karen" and "Lead Researcher"?" ((Cannot remember the lead reserchers name, awkward if he turns up!))
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:22:36 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 04, 2015, 09:15:53 pm »

I'm going to withdraw from the turn list.
I'm going to remain on the turn list.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:18:18 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 04, 2015, 10:52:53 pm »

*Broken robot noises*
Prepare.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 05, 2015, 01:42:58 am »

Oh my god it's a ninja demon! Avaunt!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 05, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »

Oh, right, give the +bolts+ to Derm. They are crafted with the power of love. :P

((Mr GM, could you just confirm that you translated that 100%? If so, then I'm going to need MUCH more science! Bah, I was hoping that would spit out bolts, not fungi! Also could you clarify if I touched it with my gloves, or if I touched it without? Does it activate through gloves?))

I translated it correctly. If you wonder why you have those unusable little bolt-crossbows, well, you used two shapes in there. It activates through touch, I can tell you that.

"Yo guide! What can you tell me about the third word in my sentence? Perhaps under the definition for "Emmits" or "Casts"?" ((Understandable if this is too "vague" for the guide, or if my understanding of the word is too low atm, but cheeky things are asked below ;D ))

"You currently have no authorization to request any information of a particular word."

"Also Guide, search and retrieve researcher notes (if present) by the following keywords, "Control" and "Repair"" ((the latter I know is a word, someone here actually USED it earlier))

"Accessing researcher's data...
Searching for "Control"...
Accessing Lead Researcher's notes:"

"...Now, moving to one of the most important discoveries we've had until now. This essentially modifier word, nicknamed "Control" until this point, consists of two effects granted by the object in question to whoever is in contact with it: to begin with, it allows to sense the elements affected by the word as a part of the user's body. On the other hand, it allows the modification of the vectors affecting the aforementioned elements, an ability which appears to be directly linked with the individual's conciousness..."

"Accessing Medical Department's notes:"

"... The effect can be described as an extended proprioception, upon a definite radius. This allows for a better way of scanning patients, making diagnosis  an almost instantaneous task, and increasing the probabilities of survival for the patient. The second part, the one that allows direct manipulation upon the patient, is a quick, but risky healing method: damage could technically be fixed with almost no medical knowledge, but the concentration and the effort required are massive and definitely not recommended for everyone."

"Searching for "Repair"...
Accessing Lead Researcher's notes:"

"...A less interesting modifier, it has the particularity to be able to work without outside interaction. Called "Repair", due to the fact that it regenerates an object's shape, it clearly operates at a metaphysical level to interpret which was the original form of the element in question. It appears to work by transmuting adjacent matter into the correct element, then attaching it to the object being repaired, apparently only working via contact, which makes "rubbing" the commonly used method to homogenize the repairing procedure..."

"Finally, what information do we have access to regarding the ArcaneTech group and the three members of which I have seen so far "Tim", "Karen" and "Lead Researcher"?" ((Cannot remember the lead reserchers name, awkward if he turns up!))

"ArcaneTech corporation is the pioneer in Metaphysical Research, helping humanity to gain a better understanding of the universe."

"ArcaneTech Corporation: Bringing magic to your life"

A short giggle is then played, which remembers you of those cheap tricks used in Harry Potter films' music to make something seem more magical.

"You currently have no authorization to request information about our employees."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 06, 2015, 02:44:58 pm »

"Now for Space Pants! to match."

Space Pants!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:36 am »

Just posting to say that I'm having a busy week, that's why I haven't made a turn yet. My apologies to everyone (although EP hasn't posted an action yet)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 09, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »

Waitlist me please:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I created him to exploit the use of will as a dump stat among the current players (and deter future dumping). He will join Team Derm (Can someone pm me Team Derm's known words?). I believe he will be of great use in the fight against Karen. He will need other people to create manipulation items for him though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:49:48 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 09, 2015, 03:31:42 pm »

Waitlist me please:
He will join Team Derm (Can someone pm me Team Derm's known words?)

The sheet is fine, barring the telepathy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:14 pm »

Waitlist me please:
He will join Team Derm (Can someone pm me Team Derm's known words?)

((Two things. First thing, one does not simply walk into Mordor join Team Derm. The polite thing to do is ask Derm. Second thing, what use are words to you without any pool to cast from or potency to keep from killing yourself?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 197