Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314267 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: failing at magical science.
« Reply #2865 on: May 04, 2016, 03:27:19 pm »

Anybody can ask something from the guide at any moment. But the more elaborate a question gets, the less likely a response can be given.
((But I only know what he just said because of meta reasons! :P))

"Guide, do you have any notes about the apendix of the book?"

((Considering that this is a competitive multiplayer game, those things are fine. Because if not then I would have to ban public wordlists and such, which is impossible to do in practice)).

The androgynous head of the Guide phases through the ceiling, stopping just in front of you. It is made from a golden but somewhat translucent substance, which doesn’t seem to have any kind of corporeality attached to it. You hear a voice inside your head:

"You have no authorization to access information regarding codification, classification and exposition of words."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: May 04, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »

"Who does? How would I gain authorization?"
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: May 04, 2016, 05:32:38 pm »

"Who does? How would I gain authorization?"

"High level employees of AT Corporation, and those who receive authorization by them. Those are the only possible situations in which an individual may gain access to that information."

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: May 05, 2016, 02:43:46 am »

"Guide, define properties of Vine and search for any notes about 'Pointed At'"
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: May 05, 2016, 01:27:07 pm »

"Guide, define properties of Vine and search for any notes about 'Pointed At'"

"Accessing Lead Researcher's notes:"

"...the results often vary, as the summoned elements range from leaves, to flowers, to vines, and assorted plant material. This word by itself doesn't produce wood-like substances unless a high amount of potency is behind it. As a conclusion, it seems that the word is flexible, but without exceptional uses. Future research ideas include material-producing plants, which may have a utility in sustained production of different elements. Yet this kind of project is likely to need of a very specific modifier..."

"Search for "Pointed at" produced two different results. Reproducing fragments of both:"

"...it matches all the characteristics of the Element Selection category, and as such we are classifying it under it. The ability to target any element by just pointing at it seems useful, if imprecise at long distances and depending on some degree of dexterity from the user."

"This one fits the "Direction" category, as it allows the user to select a direction in which the material summoned as part of the same phrase is going to be fired at. Still, it seems like a hybrid word in some way, as it clearly alters the place where the material is summoned, flinging out of the hand towards where it is pointing at. As such, this word proves useful, but dangerous when summoning hazardous materials."

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: May 08, 2016, 01:42:40 am »

"Guide, define properties of Negative Matter"
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Happy turn 150!
« Reply #2871 on: May 08, 2016, 12:54:12 pm »

Turn 150

2 Sentences.

:P

"Guide, define properties of Negative Matter"

"Accessing Lead Researcher's notes:"

"I can only define this element as extraordinary. If by this point we are used to torturing the laws of physics at will, this one word is one of the most sadistic I ever seen. It manifest as a black substance with a high degree of transparency, perhaps due to the nature of the word producing low concentrations of the element in question. It reacts to any other kind of matter in a really strange way: it "cancels" both this substance and the element it is in contact with. No energy is emitted, no trace of the interaction. No kind of radiation, waves, light. Nothing. Both things just disappear. This is why I can't even call this Anti-matter, because it generates an influx of energy when it destroys other matter. But this one, it just disappears. In an arithmetic sense, just as adding "-2" to 2 equals 0, adding this substance to other matter equals nothing. That's why I have decided to name this "Negative matter", as it is not the antithesis of matter, but its opposite in a purely arithmetic sense. The implications of this element are severe, because, as it cancels matter, it generates a vacuum and air pressure eventually pulls everything towards it, before it cancels itself with everything it has absorbed. This is a highly dangerous element, and we haven't found a way yet to safely utilize it, other than "feeding" it to make it disappear more quickly than by letting it feed off the air. But there should be another way to counteract this. Perhaps another word is the key to repelling these effects..."

After that, you do science:

[Pot:6+1=7]

You are enveloped in a golden glow, and the magic reacts without asking you. You flash with light, and suddenly you feel more... bouncy. You are made of black rubber, and it seems that you could bump into things without suffering any kind of injury.

Rubber body:
You are invulnerable to blunt damage! Instead, any blunt attacks that hit you make you roll an opposed strength roll, and if you lose you become [On ground]

Now, you try another thing:

[Pot:5+1=6]
You point with one of your virtual hands to where another of those virtual hands should be. Your whole arm glows with a golden glow, and transforms itself into a huge hand attached to your shoulder. It would be funny, except for the fact that it is quite uncomfortable, not to mention the lack of proper balance coming from your now asymmetric body. But you can manage, you guess.

Right arm is a huge hand:
This actually gives you a bonus to grappling, having such a huge means of getting hold of surfaces.
+1 to wrestling.

(Previous wrestling penalty from that limb removed too. Right now, you stand at a neutral +0)

It would have been easier to just put the whole of yourself into one single body shape, but, oh well, you wanted to do this the complicated way.

Back to crying

Your inner sadness has reached over 9000!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Steel myself and focus my inner CHHHIIIIII! (While a sufficient distance from the magna-wood)

(Focus ALL DA SPEEDS. THINK FAST. GOTTA GO FAST.)

You concentrate on doing things better, you can feel the power, you can feel it coursing through your metallic veins!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Say 2 words, thinking of a shield, breastplate, or protective wall. Assuming it's something that can be carried, pick it up and carry it.

The struggling apprentice struggles to cast a spell:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A golden line appears, and then draws a humanoid figure. Its back is hunched, the hands end up in claws, and the face is rodent-like, with whiskers and two big front incisors. With a flash of light, it materializes into solid steel, and instinctively jumps back, and stares at you from a distance.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

More science, more weaponization, with the goal of ultimate destruction!

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears, and then draws a long and serpentine blade, decorated with runes formed mainly from straight lines bending at 90 degree angles. With a flash of light, it materializes into silver, and begins to emanate a thick green ichor which evaporates into screaming faces.

While this is awesome, your dragon claws can't grab it. Even less now that you still have that repulsive energy coating.

Try to lure him to edge, then trip or will him off.

[Lemon spd:5]
[Bob spd:2-1=0]

Lemon walks to the edge of the platform, and patiently waits for the crazed swordsman, who seems to be having a kind of vision now. But he suddenly snaps out of it, and comes charging for Lemon. It is exactly what he had planned:

[Lemon will:4]
[Bob will:5]

But Bob resists his attempts to be shoved metaphysically. So, Lemon tries to shove him the old fashioned way:

[Lemon dex:2]
[Bob dex:1+1=2]

He manages to hug Bob before the katana can be lowered and slice him, leaving both in a very awkward position in which Lemon is just showing him his affection and Bob can't really bring down his katana without breaking the grip. Lemon then tries to push Bob into the void that lies below:

[Lemon str:5-1=4]
[Bob str:1-1=0]

And he manages to put him into a position where he can barely keep balance, and with a slight shove, Bob is forced to drop his katana and grab the ledge, so that he doesn't fall into the nothingness.

Lemon then finds himself in a quite favorable position, being able to use both the katana lying nearby and his will powers to make Bob fall, if he desires to end the fight now.

Eh, I'm floundering along and am not doing at all good, I'll drop out as well.

In a short and annoying trip back, the Reaper also removes the head of Marky and makes it explode, before rushing back to his precious obsidian skull in the Arcane Room.

Quote from: EP
NO ACTION

The Incorporeal Wizard feels a chill running down his spine. He can almost swear that the Reaper, on its trip back, looked at him before getting into the giant obsidian skull attached to the wall.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Happy turn 150!
« Reply #2872 on: May 08, 2016, 02:58:44 pm »

Will him to release the ledge. Then, if needed, cut his hands off.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: May 08, 2016, 03:01:56 pm »

I can't find my wordlist, so I guess I'll just spam random words until I die.

Coturor Rean Iumumne Niartis Peemntili Periamquaes why did I go with 2 pool

Coturor Periamquaes
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:47:04 pm by Elephant Parade »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: May 08, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »

Derm posted his wordlist somewhere in the thread. And it has been reposted many times. By using the search function you can quickly find it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: May 08, 2016, 04:47:18 pm »

Derm posted his wordlist somewhere in the thread. And it has been reposted many times. By using the search function you can quickly find it.
Too late—I'm committed to random destruction now.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: May 08, 2016, 09:55:52 pm »

YARRRRRRR Got it?
Focus STR by twisting my body.

"Guide, Search for any notes about 'Damned Souls' And 'Multiple Split'"
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: May 08, 2016, 09:58:46 pm »

'Damned Souls'

(Ectoplasm, hint hint.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: May 09, 2016, 01:06:45 pm »

((Also, i focused POT last turn, so my first Sentence should be 8 instead of 7(although it doesn't really matter).))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: May 09, 2016, 04:18:42 pm »

"Hey... there... Uh, sorry about that, are you a... rat-person? Would you like to help me stay safe here? I'm in a fight against other wizards, which you could help me by killing them if you wanted. I could arm you or help you in some way if you helped me?"

Two words again. If the person I summoned attacks me, two different words instead.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 197