Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311097 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Happy turn 150!
« Reply #2880 on: May 10, 2016, 11:59:01 am »

"Guide, Search for any notes about 'Damned Souls' And 'Multiple Split'"

"Accessing Lead Researcher's notes:"

"Yet another word that seems tailored to emulate cultural aspects. With the difference that this one has tangible effects on its own, and dangerous ones. As it has tangible effects on its own, this word is classified as a material. It manifests as a green substance, with intensity varying according to the potency of the spell form some gas to a thick ichor, always green. The substance emits sounds akin to those of multiple people moaning, crying from suffering, and other generic terror sounds. It also emits a vapor without any particular effect that takes vague shapes of elongated and screaming faces. Overall, it gives the spectator the image of ghostly spirits, or the souls of the damned taking shape. Of course, we know that soul power doesn’t manifest this way, and thus can easily conclude in that the imagery resembling spirits is just superficial. Its dangerous effects are subtle and beyond my area of expertise, and will be derived to the Medical Research Department. "

After a brief pause, you hear a female voice:

"As requested, the effects on the subjects are as follows: progressive disconnection between the nervous system and the rest of the body, eventually reaching a state of brain death. Subjects manifest different symptoms. Due to the nature of the tests, I'm going to just quote the subjects, as it is difficult to describe the phenomena by scientific terms. These quotes include "The dead were gnawing at my soul!", "I felt as I was being dragged by their hands, there were trying to bring me with them!" and "I felt like if my soul was going to leave my body...". The effects of the exposure quickly disappear if not in contact with the substance."

"Search for "split" produced two results:"

"A complex modifier word, this one splits the effects of the whole phrase in many smaller but otherwise identical spells of the lowest denomination. The amount of small spells seems to be totally related to the potency of the original spell. Thus, this word does not increase the lethality of the spell, but serves to distribute its effects, if necessary. To multiply the effects of the spell, either multiple iterations of the same phrase are required, or the use of this particular word in conjunction with size modifiers."

"A hybrid of a shape and modifier word, which includes a high degree of discretion from the caster. It creates the shape of a projectile of the caster's choosing, as long as it is of a kind fired from another weapon, and then it splits them in multiple smaller replicas of the original spell, much like a specific modifier word does. There is only another word that does this, and is also considered a shape word."

((Also, i focused POT last turn, so my first Sentence should be 8 instead of 7(although it doesn't really matter).))

In this case it does! Congratulations on being the first one to get an 8 in a transformation roll! You can switch the transformation on and off just like if you had rolled a 5 (which is, just once per turn).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: May 10, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »

Hm. Will post an action later tonight, just so my turn isn't skipped.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: May 10, 2016, 11:48:52 pm »

Well I'm an Idgot. For some reason I misread waitlisters spawning as possible hostile NPCs? Bah. I'll blame it ON THE BOOGIE!

DO SOME MOAR TESTIN' CAPTAIN!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: May 13, 2016, 02:30:59 am »

I did the complicated way because i lost the hueg list Derm got, too lazy to look for and at it, not sure i can conjure a limb out from a phantom limb that lasts forever (or it is small enough), not sure about connecting limbs with fire(or magma, for that matter) and not sure if the repair word can repair a disappeared limb.

Too much things? At least i got large fingers with that huge hand... :b
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Plan Deathtrap begins
« Reply #2884 on: May 13, 2016, 09:31:29 am »

Turn 151

I can't find my wordlist, so I guess I'll just spam random words until I die.

Coturor Periamquaes

You officially start your magic career by pronouncing gibberish, like any respectable mage eventually did, you suppose:

[Pot:6]
A ball of vanilla-flavored ice cream the size of your upper half body materializes in front of you and is launched forwards, splattering against the wall. Wait, what the heck?

You are going to experience a lot of randomness this way.

YARRRRRRR Got it?
Focus STR by twisting my body.

You focus your strength! You flex your awesome rubber body, totally like a bodybuilder. Excluding the fact that you are still a puny humanoid, but at least this gets you ready to use your strength for something. You doubt that rubber will be able to damage the hippo, but maybe you can push it around.

Speaking about the hippo, it flashes with light, and it falls slightly to the ground. It seems that it has entered the material realm again.

"Hey... there... Uh, sorry about that, are you a... rat-person? Would you like to help me stay safe here? I'm in a fight against other wizards, which you could help me by killing them if you wanted. I could arm you or help you in some way if you helped me?"

Two words again. If the person I summoned attacks me, two different words instead.

The rat-person doesn't answer, and instead stares at you, mistrust in its eyes. You shrug and cast your spell:

[Pot:6+1=7]
You glow with a strong golden hue, and with a bright flash of light, you feel yourself standing in four legs, with what seems to be a tail in your rear, and a sharp mouth. You have become a dragon! Woooooo! You also feel fire building inside of you, awaiting to be expelled from your mouth. Could this be more awesome?

Dragon form:
[Naturally sharp]
-You get a 4 pot breath attack which has a cool-down of 3 turns.
-You can't have an inventory, because you don't have hands to grasp things.

The rat person seems to be too scared to be near you, and runs away.

Hm. Will post an action later tonight, just so my turn isn't skipped.

Again,, you unleash your sadness into a spell:

A thick golden line appears, and draws a big warhammer. With a flash of light, if falls to the ground with a heavy thud. You lift it. It is reaaaaally heavy, but a hit from this thing is almost guaranteed to cause serious damage.

Big concrete warhammer:
[Blunt weapon]
[Very Heavy]

Now you look like a B-movie superhero that came out of a construction site. Do you want a hero nickname maybe? Public worker? Sad builder? Concrete knight? There are plenty of possibilities.

But you still have science to do:

[Pot:4]
Nothing happens.

Still nothing happens.

Well I'm an Idgot. For some reason I misread waitlisters spawning as possible hostile NPCs? Bah. I'll blame it ON THE BOOGIE!

DO SOME MOAR TESTIN' CAPTAIN!

[Pot:4+1=5]

A golden line appears and begins to draw lots and lots of tiny nunchakus that together form the shape of a bird. With a flash of light, the nunchakus and the chains that join the different pieces, everything, materializes into wood. Oddly enough, the bird manages to move away, and the nunchaku sticks it has for a beak even open and close as it pecks the ground fruitlessly looking for food. Who was the guy who made biologists and martial arts masters to commit suicide? well, you took his job and developed further your offense both of them so that the dead people are now rolling on their tombs.

Now, you try to defy maybe other laws of physics:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a tiny tail. With a flash of light, it materializes into that magic-absorbing crystal. Huh. It seems normal, as far as you can discern. Maybe it is actually normal. You don't know.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

Initiating Plan Deathtrap:

[Pot:3+1=4]

You position yourself so that you get two semi-circular walls of silver to more or less overlap and prevent whatever you put inside from leaking. The different sizes of the resulting walls (one normal but another a bit too big) means that it will surely leak, but at least whatever you put inside won't exit all at once. Whatever you have in mind, it should be something that doesn't evaporate, so you should consider maybe fixing its molecular structure into something liquid so that it doesn't dissipate.

About your questions to the Guide, some has been answered recently, and here is another one which had been answered before:

There are no results regarding the words "Biometal" and "Special". Searching for "Silver" and "Special"...
Accessing Researcher's notes...
Reproducing extract from Lead Researcher's notes:

"... These are the kind of things that I hate. Why is silver so special to this word? Maybe because of its association with those things that are holy? It is the only reason why it would ever provide some kind of impermeability to an element which represents its opposite..."

Will him to release the ledge. Then, if needed, cut his hands off.

Time to end this:

[Lemon Will:1]
[Bob will:5]

As soon as you try to overcome Bob's mind and push his flesh away, it counterattacks with the force only a desperate man can have when he is facing death. It goes as far as preventing your own movement! You still try to reach the katana and finish the job:

[Lemon dex:5+2-1=6]
[Bob dex:6-2=4]

[Lemon str:2-1-2-1=-2]

But both the fact that his body is small and puny and the temporary influence of Bob's counter-attack just make him lightly tap his adversary in one finger, not even drawing blood.

At least you have the katana now:

Steel katana:
[Has an edge]

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Plan Deathtrap begins
« Reply #2885 on: May 13, 2016, 09:43:24 am »

YARRRRRRR Got it?

You focus your strength! You flex your awesome rubber body, totally like a bodybuilder. Excluding the fact that you are still a puny humanoid, but at least this gets you ready to use your strength for something. You doubt that rubber will be able to damage the hippo, but maybe you can push it around. Or just smash your tiny halberd into it, which should do the job, even if it breaks.

Which tiny halberd? I don't see it in my inventory...
Say Tersse, then 'ask' the hippo to go into the magma by pushing it.
There's another reason why i like the rubber body other than it was immune to blunt damage: It was immune to electricity, doo.  typo indended
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:01:08 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: May 13, 2016, 09:47:24 am »

YARRRRRRR Got it?

You focus your strength! You flex your awesome rubber body, totally like a bodybuilder. Excluding the fact that you are still a puny humanoid, but at least this gets you ready to use your strength for something. You doubt that rubber will be able to damage the hippo, but maybe you can push it around. Or just smash your tiny halberd into it, which should do the job, even if it breaks.

Which tiny halberd? I don't see it in my inventory...
Greet the hippo with my new friend, Big Fist, then say Tersse.
There's another reason why i like the rubber body other than it was immune to blunt damage: It was immune to electricity, doo.  typo indended

I totally confused your sheet with another one. Your rubber fists won't do anything against diamond. I'll correct the turn. Maybe you should consider summoning a weapon first.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: May 13, 2016, 09:53:54 am »

At least i can set the fist so the aim was knockback rather than damage, right?
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: May 13, 2016, 09:57:28 am »

At least i can set the fist so the aim was knockback rather than damage, right?

Yes, but you could just push the hippo around and it would be more effective. By the way, do you want to push him to some place in particular? Otherwise the hippo is quite crippled, and already has the "On ground" penalty, so you can't put even more penalties on it by physical combat.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: May 13, 2016, 09:59:46 am »

I'll edit turn then.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: May 13, 2016, 11:33:30 am »

Could've sworn Periamquaes was one of the theme words. Darn. Ghostly Incorporeal survives for another turn, I guess!

Isratnirum Eraesni
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:39:39 pm by Elephant Parade »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: May 14, 2016, 02:48:13 am »

I will be...

The Incredible Sulk!  :'(

I can't smash anything right.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: May 17, 2016, 11:22:46 am »

QUICK TURN-MAKING POWERS... ACTIVATE!

<genericScience>

Hmm, poke the weird crystal with my sword? Flick it away in an arc with said sword if nothing happens? Maybe something will happen if it hits the ground hard enough, or if it gets prodded, or if I TRY TO BREAK IT IN TWAAAAIIIIINNNN

</genericScience>
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: May 17, 2016, 04:46:35 pm »

Slash wildly. If that doesn't help, check if I can damage his heart with my will.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Say hello to Squidface
« Reply #2894 on: May 19, 2016, 10:26:41 am »

Turn 152

Say Tersse, then 'ask' the hippo to go into the magma by pushing it.

[Redz spd:2-1=1]
[Hippo spd:3-1-2=0]

Redz begins his plan to further incapacitate the mostly limbless and on the verge of destruction Hippo by trying to zap him:

[Redz pot:3+1=4]

[Redz end:3+2=5]
[Hippo end:3]

And a sizable shock materializes between both combatants, and the elctricity flows towards the Hippo, momentarily zapping it. Redz uses this opportunity to push the Hippo into the magma:

[Redz dex:2-1=1]
[Hippo dex:1+1-2=0]

His disproportionate hand manages to get a somewhat stable hold on most of the diamond creature's body. He then tries to pull it into the magma:

[Redz str:4-1=3]
[Hippo str:1]

And through a painful and long push, Redz manages to push the crippled hippo into the magma. Immediately upon falling, a column of magma erupts from the moat that pushes the creature back to the floor. A trio of magma heads, rodent in nature and looking pretty pissed off, appear from the moat and stare at you. They don't like what you did there.

The Hippo now suffers double physical damage. Not that it was really needed to finish it off, seeing at how damaged it was, but who cares now.

Could've sworn Periamquaes was one of the theme words. Darn. Ghostly Incorporeal survives for another turn, I guess!

Isratnirum Eraesni

More mad science!

His head glows with a controlled golden glow. The magic seems totally in his control, and so the Wizard orders it to react. With a flash of light, he finds a bunch of tentacles hanging from where a beard would be. They flap wildly as he tries to move them; it seems that it will take some time to get used to them. He also notices that he has a beak instead of a mouth now, but that it doesn’t seem strong enough to provide any noticeable benefits to biting. Lastly, his skull has been elongated enough to resemble the body of a squid. Huh, how interesting. You could even try and see if you can spit ink or something.

You shall be known now as squidface!

I will be...

The Incredible Sulk!  :'(

I can't smash anything right.

You keep on your path towards gearing yourself up to the point of utterly obliterating newbies:

[Pot:5]
You get a golden line, which suddenly becomes thicker and longer. It then proceeds to draw a big warhammer, before vanishing into nothing.

Let's say that you were doing science here so to save you the shame.

[Pot:5]
You get another glden line which draws a normal-looking warhammer. As it vanishes, you don't know if it is special in any way.

QUICK TURN-MAKING POWERS... ACTIVATE!

<genericScience>

Hmm, poke the weird crystal with my sword? Flick it away in an arc with said sword if nothing happens? Maybe something will happen if it hits the ground hard enough, or if it gets prodded, or if I TRY TO BREAK IT IN TWAAAAIIIIINNNN

</genericScience>

You test the crystal in many different ways. It seems as normal as these crystals are. Maybe your spell did something redundant and that's why you don't know what is different about it. Or maybe there is a hidden property to it. You don't know. The only way to know is to do more science.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

You have to complete this invention of yours!

First, those leaks are unacceptable:

[Pot:3+1=4]

You get two pieces of tar-covered sliver. You move them and make them stick into the openings. It seems that the tar itself would do the trick, and that the silver is redundant, but you still leave those dirty chunks attached to the wall, because why not.

With the walls impermeable, you try to fill it. First, you have to climb the wall:

[Dex:6+2-1=7]

Which you do gracefully with a jump, and keeping your legs on the more stable footing atop one of the intersections between the walls. Now, you try to feel that thing:

[Will:5+1=6]

You create a bunch of water and some of that ectoplasm. The ectoplasm disperses, without harming you (although it tried to do so), and the water just falls into the big container.

Huh, it seems that adding water does not make something liquid.

Slash wildly. If that doesn't help, check if I can damage his heart with my will.

Lemon tries to kill off that dude once and for all:

[Lemon dex:1+2=3]
[Bob dex:6-2=4]

But Bob manages to trick Lemon into hitting the stone floor instead of his hands by clever use of misdirection. And also capitalizing on Lemon's lack of attention.

He then tries to climb up:

[Bob str:6]

And he does that exceedingly rapidly! It seems that the fight will continue on foot.

((No will action because you used one last turn. You can use one on net turn, though.))

Quote from: Flabort
NO ACTION

The apprentice feels a chill running down his spine. Better get moving soon.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 197