Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311089 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Plan Deathtrap slowly shows progress
« Reply #2910 on: July 24, 2016, 12:25:19 pm »

I'm willing to keep it going.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The Calm before the Storm.
« Reply #2911 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:32 am »

Turn 153-B

The arena becomes agitated, as a multitude of little servants come out of the walls and start fixing everything. Rolling cylinders of stone pass over damaged terrain, restoring its former shape. Energy pyramids holding some black substance in its interior begging to open and sweep at the floor, removing all the crap lying around. And, for the most complicated and bigger stuff, some energy cubes holding a laser of nothing more than arcane energy itself begin to tear the obstacles away into smaller elements that are instantly sucked by the pyramids. All in all, the Arena seems far cleaner, except for some specific bits:

Quote from: flabort
NO ACTION

A trio of floating spheres phase out of the wall. One seems made of pristine bone. Other one, from wet flesh. A third one seems to be made of congealed blood. They orbit near the Struggling Dragon, and the beast feels sucked into them. Not being able to escape it, the dragon is trapped between the three spheres, which begin to rip apart all his matter into the three elements that compose them. Blood, flesh and bone then get in contact with their respective spheres, and they begin to phase out of existence, until there is no trace of the Struggling Dragon again.

Quote from: Illgeo
NO ACTION

After a lot of bad combat on Lemon's part, the crazy Bob manages to slice him in half, and absorbs his soul, just as he gets paranoid about the next monster that is going to be sent against him.

Quote from: Elephant Parade
NO ACTION

Squidface gets surprised as the Reaper itself rushes out of the obsidian skull and slices his squid head clean, just before pointing at it with its scythe and making it explode in gore.

W.H.O.A. appears in the Arcane Room, and is marveled by the multiple inventions he could make with this new thing called magic.

Meanwhile, in the Portal Room, the colorful display of the Portal changes from blue to red, and from purple to black. The now crimson portal seems to be indicating that something big is preparing on the other side. This is no good omen.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Okay, these are the players that still want to play. I'm going to roll five consecutive turns in a row, if there is no combat. At the end of the fifth turn, the next boss will appear. Right now, the objective is to prepare and fight the boss. THERE IS NO MORE RESPAWN. This means that whoever wins now are the players that survive the bosses and escape. Obviously, infighting is bad for this, but you are free to do what you want.

So, basically:

-You have five turns to prepare. Post them in a single post, so that I can cover them in a single post. If there is combat I will cover is separately.
-For this purpose, I'm making every pot roll an automatic 5, as long as you are not attacking anyone.
-You have all been fixed so that you don't waste pool on unsuccessfully fixing yourselves.
-There are no more NPCs bother you. Yes, the Murderous Hippo is dead now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The Calm before the Storm.
« Reply #2912 on: July 26, 2016, 09:19:24 am »

And yes I've been shadow controlling Beirus for a while now. Will do stuff later.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: July 26, 2016, 12:47:50 pm »

"A while" being like 4 or 5 turns at most. And "Beirus" meaning "Beirus' character". I am no one's puppet!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:55:22 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 26, 2016, 02:07:12 pm »

Boss time!

A-865    Stueiam Y-771    Ruant Y-831    Tacumquocon  Y-661    Ilipronte R-503   Constcumli  Y-652    Terisli

G-417    Ertuque Y-381    Ciis R-177   Tersse G-213    Tatamtuscon  Y-344    Atiticiru Y-334    Oruentseat

Y-381    Ciis G-764    Iliturpro  Y-545    Oner  G-213    Tatamtuscon G-237    Itapronique  G-639    Taon

Y-381    Ciis Y-712    Seratra   Y-545    Oner  R-177   Tersse Y-771    Ruant Y-381    Ciis

Y-381    Ciis Y-698    Quorapro Y-545    Oner G-717    Quainra G-729    Estiaci  G-111    Osrumnti
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:18:51 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: July 27, 2016, 04:51:28 am »

And the game of Isqua Tersse is ending.
Tisuiiamri is Divide.
Either Itata or Periumco are Wielded, i think.
Turn 1: Ciunttusium Ertuque(Because extra safety), Atiia Cumqui the wall.
Wear the first result.

Turn 2: Ritus Ciis Riarneest Antsequeet
Wield the result.

Turn 3: Itata Itaius Tersse Tacumquocon

Turn 4: Queitunt Ererum Oner Coeradide

Turn 5: When i know what do Cumqui means.

Wait up derm... your fourth turn action had two same Material words?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:11:06 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 27, 2016, 01:18:40 pm »

Derm, I'm going to save you some time and tell you that you can only have a maximum of three controled materials at the same time. If you want to have more, you will have to find a way to change between control objects during combat, and carry them in a way that they are not touching your body.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 27, 2016, 02:17:51 pm »

A-865 Stueiam    Y-771 Ruant    Y-831 Tacumquocon     Y-661 Ilipronte    R-503 Constcumli     Y-652  Terisli

G-417 Ertuque    Y-381 Ciis      R-177 Tersse    G-213 Tatamtuscon       Y-344 Atiticiru    Y-334 Oruentseat

Equip Weapon

G-279 Taereinis     G-764 Iliturpro

G-279 Taereinis

Tie glove/bag to person in easily accessable place.

G-513 Ueco     Y-545 Oner    G-213 Tatamtuscon    G-237 Itapronique      G-639 Taon

G-513 Ueco     Y-545 Oner    R-177 Tersse      Y-771 Ruant      Y-381 Ciis

G-513 Ueco     Y-545 Oner    G-717    Quainra G-729    Estiaci  G-111    Osrumnti

For each one, envision a pile of the result instead of a solid mass.

Otherwise chip it all down into smaller, bite size pieces.

Shove equal ammounts of each into glove bag.

How's THAT for inventive.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 27, 2016, 07:56:41 pm »

H4zardZ1, I'm going to need you to post the codes of the words too. I'm having a problem finding Attia in my wordlist.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 28, 2016, 03:09:59 am »

Oops, a single letter seems to be too heavy.
Editing.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Second Boss fight!
« Reply #2920 on: July 29, 2016, 08:52:08 am »

Turns 154 to 158 ((including 158))

A-865 Stueiam    Y-771 Ruant    Y-831 Tacumquocon     Y-661 Ilipronte    R-503 Constcumli     Y-652  Terisli

G-417 Ertuque    Y-381 Ciis      R-177 Tersse    G-213 Tatamtuscon       Y-344 Atiticiru    Y-334 Oruentseat

Equip Weapon

G-279 Taereinis     G-764 Iliturpro

G-279 Taereinis

Tie glove/bag to person in easily accessable place.

G-513 Ueco     Y-545 Oner    G-213 Tatamtuscon    G-237 Itapronique      G-639 Taon

G-513 Ueco     Y-545 Oner    R-177 Tersse      Y-771 Ruant      Y-381 Ciis

G-513 Ueco     Y-545 Oner    G-717    Quainra G-729    Estiaci  G-111    Osrumnti

For each one, envision a pile of the result instead of a solid mass.

Otherwise chip it all down into smaller, bite size pieces.

Shove equal ammounts of each into glove bag.

How's THAT for inventive.

-You get transformed into a biometal humanoid, covered in shiny steel skin, with a pair of biometal dragon wings on your back. You also have biometal claws, because it is badass.

Now your transformation grants you:

[Light]
[Yields]
[Smooth surface]
[Soft]
Flight: you can spend your physical attack on your turn to become airborne. While airborne, you can't and can't be engaged in melee combat on normal terms. To melee attack from the air, you will suffer a -1 dex penalty, but gain a +1 strength due to momentum. Be warned that NPC will see this coming and react accordingly.

-You get a golden line that seems to be like a long pole. On one side, there is a spear head. On the other one, a sword. With a flash of light, it materializes into electric steel, while being covered by rubber on the parts where you are actually supposed to grab it.

Electric steel swordflailchainlamp spearsword:
[Has an edge]
[Piercing weapon]
[Energy based:5/5]

-Next, you create a pair of cloth gloves, and then summon some more cloth. By carefully twisting and tying it together, you have two makeshift bags to hold whatever you intend to put into them.

You have a pair of makeshift cloth bags.

-You get a chunk of candy that can control air, light and water.

-Next up, you get another chunk of candy that can control electricity, steel and biometal.

-Following that, you get another chunk of candy that controls flesh, plants, and dirt.

Being careful not to touch more than one at the same time, you manage to bang them against the floor with enough delicacy to reduce each of them to a pebble sized candy, and fit them in your makeshift bags.

You realize that the most abundant material around, the stone that makes the floor and the walls, was not taken into account when considering possible control objects. Well, if you want to crush people with your will, you will have to make something that controls stone later.

And the game of Isqua Tersse is ending.
Tisuiiamri is Divide.
Either Itata or Periumco are Wielded, i think.
Turn 1: Ciunttusium Ertuque(Because extra safety), Atiia Cumqui the wall.
Wear the first result.

Turn 2: Ritus Ciis Riarneest Antsequeet
Wield the result.

Turn 3: Itata Itaius Tersse Tacumquocon

Turn 4: Queitunt Ererum Oner Coeradide

Turn 5: When i know what do Cumqui means.

Wait up derm... your fourth turn action had two same Material words?

-You point at the wall and it transforms into a pair of rubber gloves, that at the same time look like sock puppets, like those the children use, but made out of rubber. You put them on anyway.

Childish rubber gloves:
They don't electricity go through! (redundant as you are made out of rubber)

-You get a chunk of steel covered in tar and dissipating clouds of something purple, and something dark. Upon falling to the ground, the only thing remaining is the tar and the steel.

Wielding that wouldn't give you any benefit. Unless you want to cover your new gloves in tar. But you still do, to do the following:

-The chunk of steel and the tar covering it is transmuted into electricity and repulsive force, with a lot of robotic beeps and bops. Nothing happened.

-You get a long hand, elongated enough to look somewhat like a staff, made out of gasoline. It falls to the ground and breaks apart, and the gasoline scurries back into the magma, where it explodes. This is about the third time you could have died had the GM bothered rolling your turn properly.

-Pending until later.

Back in the Portal Room, the swirling mass of black and red lights reached its brightest state. The Portal has been linked to another place...

An elongated figure came out of the portal. Yet it did not step on the floor. It just floated outside of it, gliding like if it didn't actually exist in this plane.  Folded arms, and covered in clothing sewn in a patchwork of many scraps of cloth, the figure was still thin and unnaturally tall. The face was totally covered in a wide mask, made from painted wood. Its geometrical drawings resembled a fiendish, yet basic and rough face, with a wide open mouth and sharp teeth carved onto it. A pair of big and hollow triangles made the eyes of whatever spirit the mask tried to imitate. Some shapes were on its shoulders, though. Barely humanoid, with many things stabbed onto them. Cloth dolls, their eyes little more than sewn buttons, and pierced by plenty of needles made from a silverish material, they seemed to look at the same place the bigger creature was staring at.

After a brief time of concentration, the creature unfolded its arms, leaving them widely open, and revealing other dolls hanging from them. Hanged dolls, some of them lacking limbs, other with their stuffing coming out of their ripped torsos, but all of them staring at the same spot the creature was looking at.

A voice could be heard across the entire Arena, but it was not a physical one. Instead, everyone heard it inside their heads, screaming its demands. It was distorted, angry and annoyed, yet it had a feminine touch in it.

~I feel you, mortal. You have grown powerful. You are ripe for harvesting. You shall soon become part of my collection, just like the rest did. Come and face me, and make this quick. There is plenty of other individuals to collect...~

~Damn, this is the last time I listen to Tim about this whole roleplaying stuff.~

Character sheets

GM comments

Players who didn't post can claim their five turns worth of spells in the future.

Meanwhile, I'm going to give everyone a single word clue about this boss. The word is:

"Magneto"

Have fun!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Second Boss fight!
« Reply #2921 on: July 29, 2016, 09:38:52 am »

Okay, i now understand what does Cumqui mean.

Fifth Turn: Queitunt Ererum Oner Atiia upon floor.
Wield the result.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Second Boss fight!
« Reply #2922 on: July 29, 2016, 09:58:49 am »

Y-831    Tacumquocon G-279    Taereinis  Y-712    Seratra

Y-831    Tacumquocon G-279    Taereinis  Y-698    Quorapro

Wear results, hopefully.

Eat one plant control candy. Will The pants around me into a variety of plant based traps. A pitcher plant trapdoor filled with Red Tide Algae at the entrance! Australian Gympie-Gympie tree leaves covering the floor! Plant golems!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Facing The Collector!
« Reply #2923 on: July 31, 2016, 09:58:44 am »

Turn 159

Okay, i now understand what does Cumqui mean.

Fifth Turn: Queitunt Ererum Oner Atiia upon floor.
Wield the result.

-The patch of the floor is transformed into an elongated hand with its fingers so close together that they are almost fused into a straight shaft. It is all made out of stone. Upon grabbing it, you notice that your perception of the world around you has improved, and that you can now control stone more or less with your mind.

Stone control staff in the shape of a hand:
[Blunt weapon]
[Heavy]
Can control stone!

Y-831    Tacumquocon G-279    Taereinis  Y-712    Seratra

Y-831    Tacumquocon G-279    Taereinis  Y-698    Quorapro

Wear results, hopefully.

Eat one plant control candy. Will The pants around me into a variety of plant based traps. A pitcher plant trapdoor filled with Red Tide Algae at the entrance! Australian Gympie-Gympie tree leaves covering the floor! Plant golems!

[Pot:6+1=7]
You get a pair of big arm guards, made out of cloth, but with repulsive force covering its exterior. They are quite big, but, as they are made out of cloth, you can easily fit them better, even when considering the repulsive force on the outside.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Same as above, but this time with leg guards. They fit you perfectly.

Cloth arm and leg guards with repulsive energy coating:
-1 dex to attacks made against those body parts.

You then try to mold the plants around you into some kind of trap for the boss. You remove your control candy piece from one of your pockets (you only have one, because grabbing multiple control items, no matter if they grant control over the same thing, would be as dangerous as if they controlled different elements), and put it in your mouth. As you don't salivate any more, you can keep it in there as much as you want. Anyway, you try to make some traps:

[Will:2+1=3]

You manage to bring some plants to the ceiling and morph them into vines that hang near the door. Those must be annoying, you think.

Quote from: BOSS
BOSS TURN

A silent command is given, and then the head of the Guide phases through the ceiling and sates that the reproduction of the requested file will commence:

[♪]

The floating creature then begins to slowly move towards the Greenhouse Room. All the other people in the arena look at it, but they are ignored. The creature knows where its prey is.

Upon arrival, it just phases through the vines set at the entrance by Robert, but his keen eye manages to notice that some of them actually collided with something in its body: the needles made from that silverish material.

The creature speaks in Robert's mind:

~If you thought that you would be prepared to face me, you are wrong. You are facing The Collector, and you will soon join the Collection with those who have tried it before...~

The creature unfolds its arms, and you get the unnerving sight of all those hanged and mutilated dolls.

Optional roleplaying segment in the Greenhouse Room

Character sheets

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Facing The Collector!
« Reply #2924 on: July 31, 2016, 11:14:15 am »

"Guide, play a sick beat."

R-597   Riarneest R-279   Iumumne A-811    Teriati

"Now, listen up ya'll,

We got us a challenger in the house,

Comin' in, thinking you're so tall,

but in reality you're as small as a mouse.

yo

Watch out son I'm comin' at'cha

With my sword and my chord I will blast ya,

with a whip-crack

and my sound-track

you gonna come in last, ya?

Watch me soar on my dragon wings,

Gonna terminate all your dolly things~

cause when I got a sick beat

things are gonna get a little sweet

watch out man, we are the kings!

Collection?

Correction!

All you got is a sad Rejection!

From me, you see

I deny

So comply

With my decree!

Word."

Fly into the air and switch to the Air/Light/Water candy.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197