Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 314087 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Facing The Collector!
« Reply #2925 on: August 01, 2016, 04:47:27 am »

((Welp, i actually wanted a hand-controlling staff. I wanted to become Master Hand Hand Master.))

Apply Control to Floor, shift the floor into a stone wall blocking Greenhouse room with Magma room.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: August 01, 2016, 08:41:29 am »

((Welp, i actually wanted a hand-controlling staff. I wanted to become Master Hand Hand Master.))

Apply Control to Floor, shift the floor into a stone wall blocking Greenhouse room with Magma room.

Control works with materials, not shapes, and definitely not with anything related to targeting.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The Calm before the Storm.
« Reply #2927 on: August 02, 2016, 10:26:22 am »

CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP
DAMN YOU "REAL LIFETM"

(I'll post a catchup turn sometime in the next 24 hours. Hopefully. Good lordy.)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: August 03, 2016, 03:16:53 am »

The floor is made of stone, and so control the stone floor.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:41:28 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Face my wrathful rap!
« Reply #2929 on: August 05, 2016, 08:33:39 pm »

Turn 160

The floor is made of stone, and so control the stone floor.

You decide to block one of the two exits of the Magma Room. You know, in case you want to keep the heat inside here.

[Will:4]

You manage to pull a good sized sheet of stone from the floor (leaving it somewhat flat, compared to the slight inclination it formerly had) and put it blocking the Eastern entrance. You take some time to admire the work o your mind in action, and then turn back to the inside of the Magma Room, being thankful that being made from a non-living body makes you not suffer the pains of the heat here.

"Guide, play a sick beat."

R-597   Riarneest R-279   Iumumne A-811    Teriati

"Now, listen up ya'll,

We got us a challenger in the house,

Comin' in, thinking you're so tall,

but in reality you're as small as a mouse.

yo

Watch out son I'm comin' at'cha

With my sword and my chord I will blast ya,

with a whip-crack

and my sound-track

you gonna come in last, ya?

Watch me soar on my dragon wings,

Gonna terminate all your dolly things~

cause when I got a sick beat

things are gonna get a little sweet

watch out man, we are the kings!

Collection?

Correction!

All you got is a sad Rejection!

From me, you see

I deny

So comply

With my decree!

Word."

Fly into the air and switch to the Air/Light/Water candy.

As the words flow from Robetrt's mouth, he casts a spell:

[Robert pot:6+1+3=10]

An ear-piercing scream gets intertwined with Robert's words, just as a huge purple cloud is expelled from his mouth and covers the Collector. The strange figure is apparently unharmed by any of those two displays, but you feel immensely proud as the music plays and you shit talk The Collector anyway. It is then interrupted by its thoughts in your head:

~To be fair, I just allowed the Guide to reproduce that music because I was honestly tired of this charade. I wonder why Tim convinced me to do this in first place. Anyway, you are free to reproduce any kind of sound, I don't even hear them. I actually didn't hear you either, I just read your thoughts~

Then all the dolls and the figure grasp their respective chins, like in sudden thought.

~Which reminds me about something...~

[Robert spd:4+1=5]
[Collector spd:3+1=4]

Robert quickly changes candies and flies into mid-air, and then one of the dolls, one over the left shoulder of the creature, quickly moves and makes a yanking motion:

[Collector will:4+4=8]
[Robert str:2+1=3]

The cloth belt is quickly pulled away from Robert's waist, even as he tried to grab it with all the strength he could muster on such an unexpected event. The makeshift belt, and the pair of candies not currently in his mouth are thrown away, and it will likely take some maneuver or another for Robert to retrieve it.

~You are quick, but not strong enough~

The Collector now stands still, floating just as before.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Face my wrathful rap!
« Reply #2930 on: August 05, 2016, 09:05:20 pm »

A-613    Eraueraque G-831    Iliita R-279   Iumumne At the Boss man.

WILL the Light around myself to form several illusiory copies. have them divebomb the bossman in conjunction with me, albeit at several different angles.

Time for a charge! SwordSpears up, let's do this!
ROBEEEERT
WIIIILIIIIIAAAAAAAAMSSSSSSS!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:08:00 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: August 06, 2016, 04:46:11 am »

Anyone: Use Darkness.
Go to grand room, Will stone floor to wall at northern entrance of magm-oops, no will actions this turn? Cumeraproni Ciis Cumeraproni Ciis at the Northern Entrance of the magma room (but get out from magma room first), Go to grand room.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Tales of useless attacks and frustration
« Reply #2932 on: August 06, 2016, 06:06:55 pm »

Turn 161

Anyone: Use Darkness.
Go to grand room, Will stone floor to wall at northern entrance of magm-oops, no will actions this turn? Cumeraproni Ciis Cumeraproni Ciis at the Northern Entrance of the magma room (but get out from magma room first), Go to grand room.

You keep trying to wall off the Magma Room, for whatever purposes you have in mind. You step into the Southern Hallway, and you think you would have been relieved from the heat were you able to physically suffer it. Not being able to sweat it great, it makes you less sticky. And stinky too, for that matter. Anyway, you do magic:

[Pot:6+1=7]
[Pot:4+1=5/2=2.5]

Total pot: 9.5 rounded to 10

A really thick goldne line appears, and draws a big wall that covers the Northern Entrance of the Magma Room. With an unusually bright flash of light, it amterializes into a thick steel wall. Nobody is going to break through it with force, you think.

After that, you walk to the Grand Room, funding there some guy doing nothing at all.

A-613    Eraueraque G-831    Iliita R-279   Iumumne At the Boss man.

WILL the Light around myself to form several illusiory copies. have them divebomb the bossman in conjunction with me, albeit at several different angles.

Time for a charge! SwordSpears up, let's do this!
ROBEEEERT
WIIIILIIIIIAAAAAAAAMSSSSSSS!

Robert tries to unleash a bunch of attacks at the same time, hopefully to distract the creature and be able to land a good hit. The Collector is staying still. It is odd. It is not even attempting to cover itself, or anything. Anyway, Robert follows his plan:

[Will:5+1=6]

He manages to bend the light around him, and get the wavelength in the right frequency and everything to create three copies of him. With a mighty scream, he charges at the same time he unleashes a spell:

[Robert pot:3+1=4]

Near his enemy a high pitched noise and a multitude of incoherent phrases are created. The Guide stands still, totally unfazed by this. Anyway, Robert orders his copies to attack at the same time with him:

[Robert dex: AUTOHIT] The target is not attempting to evade!
[Robert str:6+1=7]

As the illusions break themselves upon colliding with The Collector, Robert just goes through it, loosening all the tiny metallic needles, which, contrary to the cloth figure and its dolls, fall to the floor.

The Collector just stays there, and you hear its distorted yet feminine voice again:

~You are way sillier than I expected. Although, I guess I shouldn't have expected much from just the one who defeated Timothy, anyway. You were almost right with your choice of elements, yet totally wrong with the kind of attack you made. Now, if you excuse me, I have to prepare myself to wreck you to shreds in just a brief instant.~

[Collector Pot:1+1=2]

A tiny golden line appears, but is fades away. You can see one of the dolls hitting the left shoulder of the creature in frustration.

~I'll give you some more time to figure out how to beat me. You didn't beat the Reaper yet, so it must be difficult for you to know how to deal with immaterial beings.~

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Tales of useless attacks and frustration
« Reply #2933 on: August 06, 2016, 07:10:59 pm »

"Give me more time my ass, I saw that! Don't talk down to be when you can barely produce a shitty spark! Ratty old pincushion tryin to spit sick slander but all I'm seeing is sawdust! See, I'm gonna sunder your silver strings into salt! Guide, tell me everything you know about every metal with a silverish color!"

Rush him, attempt to yank all the mettalic needles/strings out of one of the cloth puppets!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: August 06, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »

immaterial beings
Despite the fact that immaterial(gas?) isn't Ethereal, i'd suggest try to launch ethereal things at them. Use Nteco modifier; It is Ethereal.
Also, most immaterial beings have low END; As i said, Darkness(Antsequeet).

Can someone summon ethereal things?
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: August 06, 2016, 07:33:34 pm »

immaterial beings
Despite the fact that immaterial(gas?) isn't Ethereal, i'd suggest try to launch ethereal things at them. Use Nteco modifier; It is Ethereal.
Also, most immaterial beings have low END; As i said, Darkness(Antsequeet).

Oh my.

Either way, I'm gonna pace out my word attacks due to lack of pool.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: August 06, 2016, 07:35:50 pm »

Umm, if I have used the word Ethereal, then it means the same thing as immaterial.

And the, the answer is yes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: August 06, 2016, 08:29:30 pm »

((I feel like the Vacuum word combined with Immaterial might be worth a shot. Her Str is probably low, like Tim's Will.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:24:32 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: August 06, 2016, 10:09:20 pm »

((waitaminute...))
"Guide, is Porcelain immune to Acid?"

((Also, i said that because i've asking someone else to summon a ethereal thing.))

Attia Nteco at stone floor, attempt to shape result into spike..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:18:48 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: August 06, 2016, 11:38:59 pm »

Oh hot dang. That 24 hour thing went well. Anyway:

YO PEOPLE! TIPS FOR MY PEEPS!
  • Since the needles are apparently solid, it might be worth blasting her with *someGas or liquid* dissolve platinum (at least I assume they're platinum), also if it is platinum or silver, that means that immaterial stuff does interact with said silver or platinum. Which could be useful Moot now they've been dropped.
  • Also I'd totally try blasting her with immaterial/incoporeal fire, could be highly entertaining :P
Anyway, back to MAGERKS!
(EDIT: Oh mon dieu, it is at this point I realise I have SEVEN pool, not five. DIS GONNA BE GUD! EDIT2: TIME FOR THE MOST CONCENTRATED SCIENCE I'VE EVER DONE)

TURNS 1-5:
  • "A-865 Stueiam A-603 Iamturre Y-381 Ciis Y-339 Rean R-265 Nteco R-363 Uribuoru Y-545 Oner"
    CREATE THE ULTIMATE FORM! Preferably with the platinum bits protecting the rest of me from the ectoplasmic bits, and platinum skin at least on my hands please :)) Other then that go nuts!
  • "A-729 Itaius Y-381 Ciis Y-428 Enperlitu G-785 Tuntqui R-363 Uribuoru"
    And just in case that goes... unusably or overly dangerously weird, use the rest of my FREAKING 7 POOL as such:
    "Y-381 Ciis Y-428 Enperlitu"
  • "Y-381 Ciis Y-458 Aeerira R-265 Nteco Y-339 Rean R-655 Busius R-265 Nteco R-129 Isqua"
    As far as the intention with these, focus on steel bolts, but with ethereal platinum tips that.. well. I think you can figure out my intention from there by "explodes" and "ethereal fire" :P Hopefully they'll only explode on contact with etherial matter, in which case I'd like to take care to not let the weird parts of my form (or any other part) touch the tips!
  • This next bit is a weird test. Move away from my other stuff for a moment and:
    "Y-381 Ciis G-178 Itneaniu A-729 Itaius R-655 Busius R-265 Nteco R-741 Antsequeet R-363 Uribuoru"
    Use my WILL POWARS to catch it before it hits the ground, and inspect it a bit more carefully. The intention with creating is I'd like the mother of all specialized anti-boss tech-grenades please :)) (I would REALLY like a button or something that until pressed the damn thing won't go off, if no such function appears to be included, then just WILL-ORBIT it around me until later.
  • Finally, some stuff to hold my other stuff:
    "G-783 Etemet Y-381 Ciis Y-766 Antatattat"
    Just a leather belt with pouches and buckles etc for attaching things, and/or a little loop to put my rapier in :D
    Ok, finally, empty my hands of things, pick up my TRUSTY RAPIER and focus on it while I cast the following:
    "A-575 Itata A-278 Itaquaestan R-265 Nteco R-363 Uribuoru"
    Hopefully that'll give my sword some anti-etherial/immaterial use as well :D
((PS:Lets just pretend I was having a restorative nap meditation session. Yes. That. *cough*))
((PPS: JEBUS FUDGING CRISTY that was a large turn, and all prep that I'm massively overdue for :P))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:16:43 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197