Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197]

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 311067 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Tales of useless attacks and frustration
« Reply #2940 on: August 10, 2016, 03:25:04 am »

Tomcost: Would you please send turn before this game dees? typo (or was it pun?) indended
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Tales of useless attacks and frustration
« Reply #2941 on: August 13, 2016, 12:48:25 am »

Tomcost: Would you please send turn before this game dees? typo (or was it pun?) indended
It's not Tomcost's fault, any game I'm the last person to post a turn in dies.
Sorry guys.
My bad :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.
« Reply #2942 on: August 15, 2016, 03:13:53 pm »

Turn 162

TURNS 1-5:
  • "A-865 Stueiam A-603 Iamturre Y-381 Ciis Y-339 Rean R-265 Nteco R-363 Uribuoru Y-545 Oner"
    CREATE THE ULTIMATE FORM! Preferably with the platinum bits protecting the rest of me from the ectoplasmic bits, and platinum skin at least on my hands please :)) Other then that go nuts!
  • "A-729 Itaius Y-381 Ciis Y-428 Enperlitu G-785 Tuntqui R-363 Uribuoru"
    And just in case that goes... unusably or overly dangerously weird, use the rest of my FREAKING 7 POOL as such:
    "Y-381 Ciis Y-428 Enperlitu"
  • "Y-381 Ciis Y-458 Aeerira R-265 Nteco Y-339 Rean R-655 Busius R-265 Nteco R-129 Isqua"
    As far as the intention with these, focus on steel bolts, but with ethereal platinum tips that.. well. I think you can figure out my intention from there by "explodes" and "ethereal fire" :P Hopefully they'll only explode on contact with ethereal matter, in which case I'd like to take care to not let the weird parts of my form (or any other part) touch the tips!
  • This next bit is a weird test. Move away from my other stuff for a moment and:
    "Y-381 Ciis G-178 Itneaniu A-729 Itaius R-655 Busius R-265 Nteco R-741 Antsequeet R-363 Uribuoru"
    Use my WILL POWARS to catch it before it hits the ground, and inspect it a bit more carefully. The intention with creating is I'd like the mother of all specialized anti-boss tech-grenades please :)) (I would REALLY like a button or something that until pressed the damn thing won't go off, if no such function appears to be included, then just WILL-ORBIT it around me until later.
  • Finally, some stuff to hold my other stuff:
    "G-783 Etemet Y-381 Ciis Y-766 Antatattat"
    Just a leather belt with pouches and buckles etc for attaching things, and/or a little loop to put my rapier in :D
    Ok, finally, empty my hands of things, pick up my TRUSTY RAPIER and focus on it while I cast the following:
    "A-575 Itata A-278 Itaquaestan R-265 Nteco R-363 Uribuoru"
    Hopefully that'll give my sword some anti-etherial/immaterial use as well :D
((PS:Lets just pretend I was having a restorative nap meditation session. Yes. That. *cough*))
((PPS: JEBUS FUDGING CRISTY that was a large turn, and all prep that I'm massively overdue for :P))

You finally wake up with a whole lot of magic to do:

-You get transformed into a steel demon with platinum skin and an aura of unholy power which... sort of floats. Or rather, just is. You can move your body, but you have lost any means to interact with the world as your limbs just go through...everything. Maybe this platinum thing was not the answer. Do you know of other materials with a silver-like color, but that at the same time are not silver? At least you can control platinum, steel and the souls of the damned. All your previous stuff falls off. Because all of it is material, and you are not!

Immaterial steel fiend with platinum skin and ectoplasm covering. Add control into the mix:
You are immaterial! If not using a control action, you can't move besides flailing with your limbs. You can interact with immaterial objects, though. Everything that your magic produces is now immaterial.
[Smooth surface]
[Yields]
[Unholy:5]

-You get a small crossbow of steel and ectoplasm. As the ectoplasm is not solid, you can't grab it without dispersing it. You then make an alternative version, one made only from steel, and it works:

Immaterial Steel crossbow:
-Roll strength to fire, dexterity to aim.

-You avoid the immaterial word for this one, as to not cause an "immaterial immaterial" thing that is likely to cancel the immaterialness of the whole thing, and you get five steel and platinum bolts which should explode into fire.

Five immaterial platinum and steel bolts that explode in a pot 1 fire.

-Avoiding the immaterial word again, you get a clean-looking rubik cube made of steel that upon touch it trembles somewhat. It seems dangerous, and it seems that it could explode if it collides against something.

Futuristic immaterial steel cube which explodes into darkness and ectoplasm.

-You get a leather and steel belt, which you use to strap the bolts and the cube so that you don't have to carry them. Unfortunately, you can't grab your rapier anymore, so you can't do the last part. Maybe there are other ways to do what you have planned.

((waitaminute...))
"Guide, is Porcelain immune to Acid?"

((Also, i said that because i've asking someone else to summon a ethereal thing.))

Attia Nteco at stone floor, attempt to shape result into spike..

The head of the Guide falls from the ceiling, and it quickly answers in the negative. Bummer.

Meanwhile, you do magic:

[Pot:1+1=2]

The floor glows... that is as far as it gets. Dammit.

You can stll try to make a normal spike, though:

[Will:4]

Which you do! But it is still a bit rough. But who cares?

"Give me more time my ass, I saw that! Don't talk down to be when you can barely produce a shitty spark! Ratty old pincushion tryin to spit sick slander but all I'm seeing is sawdust! See, I'm gonna sunder your silver strings into salt! Guide, tell me everything you know about every metal with a silverish color!"

Rush him, attempt to yank all the mettalic needles/strings out of one of the cloth puppets!

The Guide comes and answers that the metals you may be looking for are either silver, platinum, or aluminium. You get responses about the first two being related to ectoplasm, and the third one undergoing tests with parallel planes of existence.

You shrug; you guess that it is enough. Anyway, you have to try to yank at the monster:

[Robert dex:4+2-1=5]

[Collector will:6+4=10!] Will success translates to dodge roll bonus! ((Otherwise, it just allows the boss to attempt to dodge))

[Collerctor dex:3+2+1=6]

The strange cloth creature and all its dolls manage to move out of the way in an unnatural and psychic equivalent of side-stepping. It manages to also grab some needles from the floor, and stab them back onto some of the upper dolls.

Dammit!

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

GM comments

So, I got a reaaally busy week. And now I have a headache, but have a turn. The show must go on until either the players or the boss are dead.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.
« Reply #2943 on: August 15, 2016, 03:26:09 pm »

Dash and grab the candies, then fly higher.

"Hey jackass, nice moves you got there! But here's a question for you! CAN YOU DODGE CONVECTION!?"

A-106    Sseitatare A-895    Reuntinoru R-579   Diemoru at the floor in a general area around us.

WILL the air to compress and convey mass ammounts of heat from my spell result to the boss. THIS METAL WILL MELT!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:31:34 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: August 16, 2016, 09:28:21 am »

NOT SEEING IF I CAN CONTROL ETHEREAL OBJECTS.

Repeat last turn action. After that, Quopeenis Tersse into somewhere that doesn't hurt anyone.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:11:07 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: August 20, 2016, 07:58:06 am »

Well.... thats not what I was looking for :P

I nearly thought about just reverting everything. BUT NO. I WILL SLEEP IN THE NETHERREALM I HAVE MADE... MYSELF... BE IN!

Look at my rapier: "A-895 Reuntinoru R-265 Nteco (I hope that works, might just... delete)

If it becomes immaterial, then GRAB THAT SUCKER!

Also lets work on a NEW trademark weapon!: "A-729 Itaius Y-381 Ciis Y-256 Peemtaam Y-428 Enperlitu R-363 Uribuoru"

EDIT: Try and prepare crossbow, and perhaps the NEW WEAPON (if I can do both in one turn, if not then regular crossbow first) but don't load a bolt in either yet. Just ready to fire.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:00:51 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: August 20, 2016, 10:09:43 am »

Hmm, i have something else to test.

Editing turn.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197]