Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: You are a flag! (Blenderquest)  (Read 3606 times)

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
Re: You are a flag! (Blenderquest)
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 04:23:02 am »

Capture the Humans!
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:07 pm »

You think about releasing flag pheromones to attract gun-wielding humans, but repeatedly attracting people just to turn them into flags is getting old. You'll just make friends the old fashioned way: WORLD DOMINATION!

You might have overextended just a bit. Growing up in a void isn't good for learning strategic skills. Blue and red have most of the world split between themselves, and you feel thankful that they didn't care about Africa, but the yellow guerrillas are entrenched in that place that's not quite New Zealand.

It is moderately worrisome that New Zealand isn't on this map. You briefly consider how you will improve cartographical standards once you are the undisputed later of the world.

You snap out of your contemplations once you realize that you have only five flags to defend an entire continent, and that there is nothing plastic Risk pieces love more than capturing flags.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »

Send the blue flags to Saudi Arabia to convert the people there to your religion. Blue begets blue flags. They will learn to appreciate us in time.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 06:52:02 pm »

Good thing flags are worth ten thousand troops and teardrops are only worth ten! ATTACK!!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »

Engineer some flagships to protect our shores.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 08:20:48 pm »

Engineer some flagships to protect our shores.
Automatic +1 because flagships has "flags" in it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 02:23:14 am »

We ted a game of Risk. I'm so happy I could cry little plastic tears which would perhaps then become a mighty African army. Name our mighty army Joe Young.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 08:49:35 am »

Pray everyone continues to not care about Africa.

Convince everyone else to focus on attacking each other and not us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 11:26:18 am »

take the extra troops from holding africa and deploy them in the obvious positions. i forget the names of the countries.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 11:27:49 am »

take the extra troops from holding africa and deploy them in the obvious positions. i forget the names of the countries.
We don't have any extra troops at this time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 11:51:00 am »

oh. I see.
change the color of our top-left flag to red, the top-right flag to blue. I don't expect this deception to last longer than one turn, but one turn should be all we need.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »

You first switch some flags around, hoping to confuse the would-be invaders. It ends up with a bit of awkwardness, but the deception works.

You then decide to start work on a flagship flag ship. This not being the Age of Sail, and ship building facilities being mysteriously absent from the world, you instead spend all of your reinforcement points working on a space program. The Cape of Good Hope is an excellent place for it regardless of what the nay-sayer yellow flags say. You run out of reinforcement points before you can buy paint for it.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »

*starts laughing*

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:41 pm »

Finish the ship so we can conquer the SPACE! territory.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]