Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: NOTHING, AKA: You can define reality: A suggestion game!  (Read 11306 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: NOTHING
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 07:22:48 am »

(I'll admit, this is probably the smoothest recovery I've ever seen.))

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 07:40:33 am »

(From an accidental post?  Well, things like this probably happen all the time around here.  The resident madness has its uses.)
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 07:42:44 am »

((I have never heard of someone just making a decent game from an accidental post. If I didn't know better I'd say you planed it.))

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:20 am »

(Damn it, they're on to me!

Requesting immediate evac!)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:17 am »

Define Form
>A state of existence in which interaction is possible within the systems of a Universe.
Define System
>Interaction between different concepts of existence.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 10:36:02 am »

You define Form and System;  there are now concrete denominations for System, the interaction between concepts in existence, and Form, a state of existence allowing participation in System. 

"Interesting.  As we ourselves interact with each other and concepts, we must therefore have form.  Things are starting to get co-dependent;  the logical chains will be followed by reality when you define things.  As of now, we automatically have Form;  this was defined along with Form and System.  As to whether there are specific varieties of form or not...  That is still undefined.

In any case, I think it's time for me to exercise myself."

Your Brother concentrates, and adds a definition to a vague part of Form: "Comes in different varieties, allowing interaction with different sets of systems in different manners."

"There.  Now we may be able to give ourselves additional powers...  Do you see how?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 10:36:38 am »

DEFINE 'The Input': A group of extra-dimensional beings that give suggestions to the beings in this "place" they feel worthy.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 11:15:03 am »

We now have additional powers, depending on how we interact with different systems.
Now we need some systems to correctly interact with.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014, 11:44:15 am »

(You don't have additional powers;  you might have additional powers if you define your form in the right way, which would let you decide how you interact with certain sets of concepts and their System.

Also remember that System does not equal systems.  You defined System as the interaction between concepts.  Form is a changeable attribute which allows for  System.)

After ruminating for a moment, you define a hypothetical group of entities;  "the input".

"What's that all about?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014, 11:54:33 am »

Define Shape, God: A god is a being that has up to three spheres of influence over which they have immense control.
Define Stone: A hard substance with many variations
Define Water: A clear liquid that contains nutrients non-gods need for survival.
Define Gravity: A force that pulls small things toward larger or denser things.
Define Earth: A huge sphere made of stone with some parts being covered by water with a large gravity.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:28:07 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2014, 12:21:39 pm »

Define Life: an object able to move of its own volition, and creates more of itself.
Define intelligence: the act of being able to understand definitions.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2014, 01:53:52 pm »

"Quite a simplistic concept, don't you think?" 

Your brother peruses your new definitions. 

"A God...  a being that can immensely manipulate up to three aspect sets of reality...  Would we be the gods of logic, order and chaos, then...?

And... self-replicating objects capable of movement?  Why would you want to make those?  Anyway, at least these definitions work.

Some of your others, though..."

You attempted to define Stone, Water, Gravity and Earth.  The definitions were partly successful;  However, too much vagueness and lack of information remains for them to be used.  There is no definition of 'material'  or 'matter';  And no concept of physicality.  A more elaborated framework is needed to allow these concepts to work.

(Physics doesn't exist yet;  you can't create an earth and matter with space to put them in.  You and Brother are currently the only entities in the universe, which is xeroth-dimensional- undefined.  You'll need to set up some laws of physics like space and matter before you can define the blankness into something else.

Also, remember Brother's advice; leave some parts of definitions undefined for future changing.  Gravity is completely locked down, for example;  its fundamental fuction cannot be changed by Defining.)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2014, 01:57:04 pm »

Define Life: an object able to move of its own volition, and creates more of itself.
>And has a definite period of Time, after which, will revert to a form of Non-Life.
Space
>Form of the Universe, the medium which allows systems to participate within itself
Time
>System which projects itself at a steady rate, at a positive trend. Relative to the movements within Space
Physics
>Movements within a Space, which can be of different varieties and Forms.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2014, 02:22:03 pm »

(You're..  you're putting an expiration date on life?  You evil bastard...)

You further define uncertain aspects of life, along with the Meta-Form:  Space. 

You attempt to define time, only to discover that it is already defined;  its precise mechanics are hidden from you, but it makes sense it shoud exist.  You have been doing things, after all.

You begin defining physics when your Brother chips in:

"If, perhaps, I could do that one?  I would like to make it a highly complex ruleset governing interactions and movements in a Space, which can exist in a variety of forms?  This Definition system takes things very literally."

You can choose to define it as you originally wished to, or acquiesce to your brother's request.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2014, 02:26:07 pm »

Agree ((Great now all life including us is temporary.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11