Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Samurai Mod 0.2 (4 Jan 2014)  (Read 19355 times)

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Samurai Mod 0.2 (4 Jan 2014)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 05:29:45 pm »

Yeah, "Samurai People" is just a placeholder name. Houken Kazokutachi is a good name indeed.
I have planned to add shuriken exactly how you propose, but I haven't got around doing it yet.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »

Um, I know you mean Kama as in the sickle weapons, but your link redirects to Kama as in the Indian word for love, desire, longing, and passion. A curious clicker might get the wrong idea upon checking, seeing various images such as hearts, peacocks, and a painting of a bare-chested woman getting ready for... well, just fix your link. Cool idea so far, btw. also, for shurikens and kunai, you could have both be ammo for a ranged weapon called a throwing glove (shuriken slash damage, kunai pierce)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:08:50 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 05:53:43 pm »

I can confirm the above.

Also, found a nice diagram of some Samurai Armour Diagram. Hope this helps!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 02:24:45 pm »

Fixed the link for the kama :) I'm currently swamped but haven't forgotten about this. 慢慢来 as the Chinese say.

Very nice diagram. Samurai armour is a layering hell in DF indeed.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »

Will this mod need to be updated for the new release?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 02:37:43 am »

I can confirm it works with 40.02. There is something though, that may be indicative of some funkyness going on. While in legend mode I've seen colossi and troglodytes with Japanese names.
It works fine though. When I get to updating it I will see if there's anything in the raws I need to change or if there's anything new I can take advantage of.

I have to work this weekend :(

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:37:03 am »

It might work in 0.40 but said release also brings a new
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] -- Punching speedtag into the weapon balancing game.

Which would mean that updating it would be a Good Idea since it allows to differentiate the weapons further.

oh_no

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 02:13:02 pm »

I have a two questions about this mod.

Could it be possible to make it to where instead of fleeing, the members of the samurai civ commit seppuku?

Would it be possible to make it to where it's completely random as to whether or not a race follows the way of the samurai? That way you could have an elf samurai civ or a goblin samurai civ. Etc.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 04:12:54 am »

It might work in 0.40 but said release also brings a new
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] -- Punching speedtag into the weapon balancing game.

Which would mean that updating it would be a Good Idea since it allows to differentiate the weapons further.

Are these tags documented anywhere? In the game raws both arguments seem to always be the same number (either 3 or 4), but they never differ? I've also seen whips have [ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK], which is pretty self explanatory. I'd expect with the new combat system to bring some new goodies for modding. I've read "file changes.txt", but it's not of much help.

I have a two questions about this mod.

Could it be possible to make it to where instead of fleeing, the members of the samurai civ commit seppuku?

Would it be possible to make it to where it's completely random as to whether or not a race follows the way of the samurai? That way you could have an elf samurai civ or a goblin samurai civ. Etc.

For number one I have no idea. Probably not without DFHack, and even then don't have a clue how.

As for the second one, what I could do is make samurai civilizations for every race, but that would be a bit lame. Anyway, with all the migration, adoption and kidnapping going on it won't be unusual to see goblins dressed as samurai (although they have goblin names) and living with a samurai civilization.

EDIT: I finished work and started defining some creatures for the mod.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:02:15 am by Sallen »

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:14 am »

Alright, new question. Has the manager been renamed? I've been trying to appoint one, but I didn't see it.

GENERATION 29:

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 04:41:27 pm »

Alright, new question. Has the manager been renamed? I've been trying to appoint one, but I didn't see it.

They have been replaced by the daimyo's representative.
The new positions, from the raws themselves (cropped here of course):

[POSITION:MONARCH]
[NAME_MALE:shogun:shoguns]
[NAME_FEMALE:shogun:shoguns]
[SPOUSE_MALE:shogun consort:shoguns consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:shogun consort:shoguns consort]
[POSITION:GENERAL]
[NAME:daimyo:daimyo]
[POSITION:MILITIA_COMMANDER]
[NAME:samurai:samurai]
[POSITION:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[NAME:daimyo:daimyo]
[SQUAD:7:daimyo's samurai:daimyo's samurai]
[POSITION:MANAGER]
[NAME:daimyo delegate:daimyo delegates]
[POSITION:CHIEF_MEDICAL_DWARF]
[NAME:court doctor:court doctors]
[POSITION:BROKER]
[NAME:broker:brokers]
[POSITION:BOOKKEEPER]
[NAME:scribe:scribes]
[POSITION:TRADE_REPRESENTATIVE]
[NAME:trade representative:trade representatives]

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »

I love mixing western and eastern fantasy elements.  PTW

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 07:35:25 pm »

It would be cool, if this mod is ever fully developed.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 06:22:13 pm »

I will slowly develop it, but I'm totally open to colaboration.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 07:37:23 pm »

In the error log, I saw a few issues with language. I'm open to helping you fix that stuff. (Google Translate, don't fail me now.)

GENERATION 29:
Pages: 1 [2] 3