Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 84696 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #480 on: January 09, 2014, 11:57:12 am »

Drakruldus is done, I believe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 09, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »

I was looking up tips on drawing Kobolds, and I came across these guys. A heartwarming tale of little Kobolds beating the shit out of level 12 PCs.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 09, 2014, 03:02:26 pm »

I was looking up tips on drawing Kobolds, and I came across these guys. A heartwarming tale of little Kobolds beating the shit out of level 12 PCs.
Yep. Inspiration for many a GM, that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 09, 2014, 03:04:05 pm »

Ah, yes, Tucker's kobolds. Lovely ol' tale.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2014, 03:33:12 pm »

Never fails to draw a single tear.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »

I'm thinking of getting Dragoncraft equipment and maybe some other stuff from te Draconomicon.

>.> Your book links cause my browser trouble.

Sadly, that was in 2e, IIRC. Nowadays, it wouldn't work quite so well. There's a big discussion about it over on Giant In the Playground, IIRC. Back then, Full Plate was absolutely amazing protection even for a really high level character. Nowadays, it's pretty good, but you can make much better. Like +5 Mithral Full Plate of Defense. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 09, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »

That site has fairly low loading chances for me, but if I just try again it usually works. Also, it's the only conveniently-shareable version of the sourcebooks I have access to.

Also:
Drakruldus is done, I believe.
I've fallen behind on the IC thread (ie, not read any of it yet); can I just jump in (after catching up, of course)?

EDIT: I just realized I never finished figuring out my backstory, or added it to my character sheet. Once Mythweavers isn't too busy, I'll remedy that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:20:05 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:15 pm »

Question for Hans: Would you permit Weapon Focus: Splash (-type weapons; the various thrown ranged rouch items)? It seems reasonable, considering that the PHB says that you can take Weapon Focus: Rays.

Also, in the OP, was this a typo?:

•   If you have at least 1 BAB, you can Point Blank Shot with any ranged weapon you are proficient in and are treated as if you have the Point Blank Shot feat without actually taking it. Also see feat section.
•   If you have at least 4 BAB, you can Precise Shot with any ranged weapon you are proficient in and are treated as if you have the Point Blank Shot feat without actually taking it. Also see feat section.

And would you rule that the ranged weapon feats that either just say "Ranged weapons" or specify "thrown weapons" include splash weapons under that umbrella, or no? So for example, would Far Shot increase the range increment on a tanglefoot bag from 10' to 20'?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:45:16 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 09, 2014, 08:43:52 pm »

In fact, you can take Weapon Focus (Rocks), too!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 09, 2014, 08:47:44 pm »

I'm actually really liking this idea for a build, with the rapier for SA damage and lots of splash weapons (and later wands with UMD) for disabling effects. It's just a shame that there are so few splash weapons, and that there is so little written in terms of rules for splash weapons, alchemy, and the like. Hell, just setting up as an alchemist seems to take material from 4-5 books, and that doesn't even cover everything. That's why I stayed away from that part of it. :/

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 09, 2014, 10:08:30 pm »

There was a swim meet today,and I have a bunch of homework,so I don't know how much time I'll have to workon Paex.It's just figuring out which feats I wanna take(and which PrCs to be ready to qualifyfor), since I know whatroute I'm going; BattlefieldControl,on a Grand Scale:Fear and Undead Armies. The last of the trio of options for DreadNecs is negative levels. But I like to think of my guy as the mad scientist, rather than the evil overlord.

for now,at least.

Also, I didn't realize there were lizardfolk. Hanslanda, if it's alright with you, I'll be coming up with optimized troops for the 'Mount and PMing their stats to you.

I also have the stats for my minions, but I  wondering if I should change their races now, to reflect the races in the Mount.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 09, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »

Man, more and more I'm loosing interest in this charbuild. Craft (Alchemy) requires spellcaster levels and is pointlessly inefficient, and Craft (Poisonmaking) is even worse... Might just take a few of the little toys and go for a more traditional build. There are a lot of nice debuffs and Save-or-Xes available, but they aren't very renewable even if you are a caster who for some reason decided to waste xp, gp, and skillpoints on alchemy. :/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:03:44 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:00 pm »

Actually, I have been able to work on Paex, pretty well actually. Just the equipment crunch left, I believe.

Don't worry, Flying Dice; I took Alchemy, I can give you all your splash weapons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2014, 11:05:11 pm »

Actually, I have been able to work on Paex, pretty well actually. Just the equipment crunch left, I believe.

Don't worry, Flying Dice; I took Alchemy, I can give you all your splash weapons.

I've been looking over the rules for it, though, and the production looks incredibly inefficient compared to other craft skills. Granted, not as bad as poisonmaking, insofar as that we wouldn't have to kill dozens of high-CR monsters for a single dose, but still. :/

Since we won't be going anywhere tonight, I might see about drawing up a factotum, because that'd be functionally a more versatile skillmonkey.

3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »

I'll probably end up dying and re-roll something a little less silly. :D

Hooray, death! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47