Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 74609 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 11:26:45 pm »

Name Sinu Yehria
Race: Elf
Character background: No one knows too much about Sinu's character. She's a quiet, stealthy person, who is only seen when she wants to be seen. She has dark violet eyes, black hair, fair skin, a slender form, average height, and light footstep. She goes around in the shadows and sometimes accepts bounty hunter jobs from people or goes on her own to eliminate those who promote evil. A true rogue, she swears allegiance to no one and knows no friend.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 04:21:02 am »

Name: Nosegay the Clown

Race: Dwarf (bonuses/maluses)

Character background: The life of a dwarven clown is a harsh one, it must be said, and filled with sacrifice and hardship. However, Nosegay has approached it with nothing but the greatest of commitment. This was an obvious requirement of his career choice - after all, how else would one persevere through years of injuries incurred in the name of slapstick, severing ties with one's family (dwarves aren't known to suffer fools, even professional ones - as a result, he also had to swear to abandon his former name), even shaving off one's beard and forswearing the joys of alcohol. His short stature, rather stumpy build and beardless dwarven facial features lent themselves naturally to comedy, and he proved popular as a comedic performer, achieving limited fame outside of dwarven lands, enough to begin touring all on his own, without an accompanying troupe.

To say that the next part of his career started disastrously would be a slight understatement. After heading down to Uskaria, where he hoped to stop for a short while before moving on, his stay became indefinite instead - after six months, his act has proven to become less and less popular amongst the populace as they've gotten more and more paranoid, and matters weren't helped any by the fact that Nosegay steadfastly refuses to appear in public outside of character (he refuses to do so in private as well, as a side note). However, Nosegay, despite the terrible situation he has found himself in, does not believe in pessimism as a viable approach to life. So, if they will not accept his performances anymore, he will endeavor to entertain the people another way - through adventure. It is ultimately a simple leap for him to make - after all, he already lived a life of danger, constant travel and physical exertion. The only difference is the ultimate risk, really.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 04:42:58 am »

Name: Seanna
Race: Kitsune - Female (Totally bonuses/maluses. Those make it more FUN!))
Character Background: Born to _______ (no idea how kitsune were made in Japanese myth, actually), Seanna's early life was cut short when her village was raided by a roving warband. Her family butchered, Seanna was raised by a swordmaster in Thorum for the next fifteen years. At nineteen years old she left his tutelage as a ronin, journeying for honour, glory and maybe a reason to keep on going.
-Will totally expand on this when I figure out how to. Also my first time playing a female character. So... yeah.-
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:32:56 am by Gamerlord »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:27 am »

Name: Garm
Race: Insect (Think 2m high praying mantis but with thicker body parts)
History: Having left his brood at an early age to become an explorer, Garm quickly felt a compassion for combat and smithing. A pioneer of metalworking for his race, he helped construct some of the earliest armor sets for his brood after scavenging primitive techniques from humans. Earning a name for himself by either blade or craft, he managed to end up in an inn, looking for work. However, he has become distracted researching advanced metallurgy techniques, and hasn't made any money in the last 2 months.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 08:20:52 am »

All right, signups closed for now. I'll make a selection of the characters that have been posted and assign bonuses and starting equipment in a bit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 10:43:17 am »

And the results are in. Get ready for Turn 1.

Turn 1: Uskaria blues: I got 99 problems, but too much money ain't one.

You find yourself in the inn of Saanan. There are 5 other people sitting around. They're all a bit weird, to be honest. The innkeeper has confiscated you room keys.

"Look, it's hard times for us all and I'm not a heartless bastard. But damnit, I have a family to feed as well. I'll cut you all a deal, you only need to pay me back one two weeks of lodging. That makes about 40 imperial coins for each of you."

Well, guess you need to go find something to do. Maybe find a partner or work alone, or just leg it out of the village and leave the innkeeper in the dust. Decisions, decisions....

Spoiler: characters (click to show/hide)

((And there we gave it, If you feel you deserved a different starting bonus or if something seems off, don't hesitate to mention it. Also, I would ask that you use a colour for your spoken text. Like so))

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 10:44:32 am »

Wowowow. SO sad :( :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 11:03:25 am »

Egen adjusts her robes slightly so that they cover her arms better. "Umm... Does anyone here know how I can make some money? I'm a bit broke right now..."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 11:04:07 am »

((Claiming #CC6600 for Moskar.))

Moskar Byal moved from his table to take a seat at the bar, resting his scaled, muscular forearms on the wooden surface as he looked about the room.
After a moment's inspection his thin upper lip curled in distaste, revealing just a hint of his fangs. 'There is no-one in this tavern worth a damn,' he thought to himself with disdain, 'they would not last an hour in the Sands. Even the stout dwarf dresses like a fool!' He snorted softly, and turned his reptillian gaze towards the bartender.

"Tell me of these landss, bartender," Moskar's voice was somewhere between a low growl and a hiss, "And perhaps I sshall find ssome way to pay you back."

>Ask about the surrounding region! Mainly, what conflict is brewing in the isolated Uskaria, and where- and who would be willing to pay for soldiers.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 11:05:56 am »

Nosegay performs an exaggerated bow, his face nearly reaching the floor in the attempt.

"You are too kind, good sir! I thank you so very much for your patience and goodwill - rest assured that the sum will be paid back most adequately, so swear I, Nosegay the Clown!"

He then turns to the others.

"I say, you all seem to be high-spirited and enterprising individuals like myself, not to mention that we all share similar debts. What say you we seek opportunity together?" he asks in a jubilant tone.

Egen adjusts her robes slightly so that they cover her arms better. "Umm... Does anyone here know how I can make some money? I'm a bit broke right now..."

"I would advise against public entertainment, dear lady - last time I tried to trip all over myself for the amusement of the masses, a band of hooligans nearly robbed me of all my most precious possessions. I am sure, however, that through cooperation we can achieve what we could not individually!"

((I'm thinking a clown should also be more agile than the average individual, if only to not hurt themselves with their shenanigans, no? I seem to have only one bonus, so that's why I ask.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:13:42 am by Harry Baldman »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 11:22:27 am »

After a moment's inspection his thin upper lip curled in distaste, revealing just a hint of his fangs. 'There is no-one in this tavern worth a damn,' he thought to himself with disdain, 'they would not last an hour in the Sands. Even the stout dwarf dresses like a fool!' He snorted softly, and turned his reptillian gaze towards the bartender.

Egen shuffles her feet self-consciously. "Thankfully we're not in the Sands," she mutters.

"I would advise against public entertainment, dear lady - last time I tried to trip all over myself for the amusement of the masses, a band of hooligans nearly robbed me of all my most precious possessions."

Egen stammers, "I-I would never dream of doing something like that."

"I say, you all seem to be high-spirited and enterprising individuals like myself, not to mention that we all share similar debts. What say you we seek opportunity together?" he asks in a jubilant tone.

"I suppose that I can hardly refuse at this point... My name is Egen Soosiryc." She pronounces Soosiryc high and keening, a bit like a bird's call.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:53 am »

Egen stammers, "I-I would never dream of doing something like that."

"Well, that is presumably good - you could hurt yourself while falling over, you know. Best leave that to actual fools, milady - I, for one, have nearly a lifetime of experience of unexpectedly falling on my face."

"I suppose that I can hardly refuse at this point... My name is Egen Soosiryc." She pronounces Soosiryc high and keening, a bit like a bird's call.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to pressure you into anything, milady. I'm Nosegay, as you probably heard. I am very pleased to finally meet you - one has to wonder how long can someone live without meeting their neighbors, no?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 12:04:55 pm »

((@harry, You make a good point. I'll change your racial bonus to remove the -1 to agility. and give you +1 to agility when performing tricks or silly acrobatics. Sound good?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 12:06:12 pm »

"Well, that is presumably good - you could hurt yourself while falling over, you know. Best leave that to actual fools, milady - I, for one, have nearly a lifetime of experience of unexpectedly falling on my face."

Uh... Yes. Of course Egan glances away.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to pressure you into anything, milady."

"I'm fine... It's my only real option at this point..."

"I'm Nosegay, as you probably heard. I am very pleased to finally meet you - one has to wonder how long can someone live without meeting their neighbors, no?"

"Hello Nosegay. I'm not surprised we haven't met yet... I haven't spent much time in the inn."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 12:06:50 pm »

Tomo quietly surveyed the room from under her cloak after the bartender's announcement, gnawing idly on a bone in her corner, before resolving to butt into other people's conversations. "Tomo does not have coins... But Master has manylots of coins! But Tomo cannot find Master, even after looking for long times in many places;" she laments, voice swinging between morose and cheerful between sentences, "If you help Tomo find Master, Tomo will help Nogays and otherperson find Oppor-toonity!" she concludes, voice full of determination as she stands.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54