Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 74923 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 12:09:54 pm »

Egen shudders slightly. "Uh, s-sure. What is t-their name?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:32 pm »

((@harry, You make a good point. I'll change your racial bonus to remove the -1 to agility. and give you +1 to agility when performing tricks or silly acrobatics. Sound good?))

((Sounds very good indeed. Even better than I expected, really.))

Tomo quietly surveyed the room from under her cloak after the bartender's announcement, gnawing idly on a bone in her corner, before resolving to butt into other people's conversations. "Tomo does not have coins... But Master has manylots of coins! But Tomo cannot find Master, even after looking for long times in many places;" she laments, voice swinging between morose and cheerful between sentences, "If you help Tomo find Master, Tomo will help Nogays and otherperson find Oppor-toonity!" she concludes, voice full of determination as she stands.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea, Tomo. What can you tell us about Master?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »

Egen shudders slightly. "Uh, s-sure. What is t-their name?"

"Master is Master, of course!" Tomo says brightly, with a toothy grin from under her hood, as if this were the most obvious thing in the world. This fades after a moment, and she tilts her head contemplatively for a few moments.

"Tomo does not remember Master's name," she admits abashedly, shuffling a bit, "Tomo has always called Master Master... Also, Tomo is not very good with names."

"Sounds like a wonderful idea, Tomo. What can you tell us about Master?"

She brightens up significantly at this. "Master is amazing! And smart! Master always knows where to go and what to do, and fixes Tomo up when Tomo gets hurt! And when badguys try hurting Master, Master lets Tomo eat them up!

Master is also very pretty,"
she confesses, resuming her fidgeting. "Tomo misses Master verymuch."

"...So, what is--"
she halts for a moment, furiously trying to remember the name, "Mr. Personyouarelookingfor like? Master says he only knocks once, so he must be very hard to find!"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 12:42:25 pm »

"...So, what is--" she halts for a moment, furiously trying to remember the name, "Mr. Personyouarelookingfor like? Master says he only knocks once, so he must be very hard to find!"

"Oh, on the contrary, my dear! Of all things in the world, he is easiest to find, perhaps only second to his wonderful cousin Trouble. You simply need to know how to look, keep your upper lip stiff and pick yourself up from the ground if you fall over on the way, and sooner or later he'll be there," Nosegay explains, smiling. "The question is if you'll be able to see him, walk up to him and say hello!"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 12:54:04 pm »

"Master is Master, of course!" Tomo says brightly, with a toothy grin from under her hood, as if this were the most obvious thing in the world. This fades after a moment, and she tilts her head contemplatively for a few moments.

"Tomo does not remember Master's name," she admits abashedly, shuffling a bit, "Tomo has always called Master Master... Also, Tomo is not very good with names."

"Oh... Don't worry. I'm terrible with names too. Uh... What did they look like? We don't really have anything to go by..."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »

"Oh, on the contrary, my dear! Of all things in the world, he is easiest to find, perhaps only second to his wonderful cousin Trouble. You simply need to know how to look, keep your upper lip stiff and pick yourself up from the ground if you fall over on the way, and sooner or later he'll be there," Nosegay explains, smiling. "The question is if you'll be able to see him, walk up to him and say hello!"

Tomo gives her best approximation of a sage nod at Nosegay's mention of trouble. "Tomo has met Trubble manytimes. Him and friends are always bothering Master, and even when Master blows them all up, Trubble keeps coming back. Tomo does not like Trubble very much, except when Tomo is hungry."

"Oh... Don't worry. I'm terrible with names too. Uh... What did they look like? We don't really have anything to go by..."

She jerks slightly when Egen responds, as if surprised, and walks up to her, extending a pale, clawed hand.
"What? Hello! Tomo is Tomo, upper-lipped stiff!

...Who are you?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 01:19:24 pm »

Egen steps back with a confused look on her face. "Uh... Egen, remember?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »

--miniturn, asking for directions--

"Tell me of these landss, bartender," Moskar's voice was somewhere between a low growl and a hiss, "And perhaps I sshall find ssome way to pay you back."

>Ask about the surrounding region! Mainly, what conflict is brewing in the isolated Uskaria, and where- and who would be willing to pay for soldiers.
"Hmm, yeah sure, give me a second. I'll go see what's on the notice board in the back. You see him go to the board and rip off a bunch of papers, looking through them on his way back. "horoscope, no...enlarge your...no....free bottle of wine with every boar, ooh...ah here we go, job notices. So seems the priest had some trouble with the crypts just outside of town. The blacksmith wants a delivery to be made to one of towns to our north. And the silver knights over at half moon citadel have a sizeable reward for anyone who can give them information about this fog. But if anyone knew, I'm sure they'd have solved this already"

He takes a crudely drawn map from behind the counter. "Here, have this, it's not the greatest map, and the scale is all off, but it give you an idea about where the big cities are in relation to eachother. To the north of us, on the banks of the great river there's the halfmoon citadel. It's a big castle town from the empire, mostly imperial regulars and a bunch of silver knights. All the way west there's Taenas, capitol of the so called 'elven kingdom' of Uskaria. Their king is a haughty recluse who hates humans, and he never actually got all of uskaria under his control anyway"

He points to the big blue line drawn across the map. "Now this is what we just call the great river. It's extremely deep and the currents even give boats a hard time sometimes. The only way to cross it safely is over Maheric bridge, if the silver knights will let you. On the other side there's Thorum, the dwarven stronghold named after their ancestral country up north. They've been silent a while now. And here..." He points to the circle marked Istar "...is Istar, the city of mages." He sighs, and polishes the glass he is holding absent mindedly. "It's dead, and the area around  it is dead and cursed. There's nothing to gain from going there really."

"And that's the big locations, there are lots of small villages, communes and even a few actual cities strewn across this land, but" He shrugs "I never actually leave here, so I wouldn't know where they are exactly"

((WALL OF TEXT, but at least the big parts are out of the way now))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 08:14:44 pm »

(OOC: Do I wait for a chance to get in to the game or do I tell one of the extant characters what to do?)
(EDIT: Do I have to wait until someone dies to get in or will events happen that introduce new chars?)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:28:29 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »

"Aye', you lot some like productive folks at least, and I could use a few spare coins." Natasha looked down her bottle at the liquid sloshing inside, putting it to her lips again. At the age of 18 the catgirl had already developed an alcohol tolerance normally found in Dwarven fort-builders. After nursing herself, Natasha placed the bottle down upon the face of her current table. "My name's Natasha, and I've found myself here after a grand time out pirating the world. I learned a many things out on the high seas, definitely something useful I could provide in exchange for paying off my debts. It's a whole lot more exciting than any drab drub that's been coming along anyways."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 09:13:53 pm »

"Hello Natasha. I'm glad that you're joining us. More hands makes less work, or something like that."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 12:15:31 am »

((Hm... I'll go with navy. Also, we have a harpy, a lizardman, a catgirl and a kitsune. I guess the zombie and dwarf are the odd ones out.))

"Um... Hello? I'm Seanna. Pleased to meet you."

((First time playing a female character, so I'll just make her a bit shy. Easier to play that way.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:17:25 am by Gamerlord »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2014, 05:07:51 am »

"Aye', you lot some like productive folks at least, and I could use a few spare coins." Natasha looked down her bottle at the liquid sloshing inside, putting it to her lips again. At the age of 18 the catgirl had already developed an alcohol tolerance normally found in Dwarven fort-builders. After nursing herself, Natasha placed the bottle down upon the face of her current table. "My name's Natasha, and I've found myself here after a grand time out pirating the world. I learned a many things out on the high seas, definitely something useful I could provide in exchange for paying off my debts. It's a whole lot more exciting than any drab drub that's been coming along anyways."

"Pleased to meet you, and I am very glad to have an experienced individual like yourself around! You must be quite familiar with seeking enrichment methods, yes?"

"Um... Hello? I'm Seanna. Pleased to meet you."

"Likewise! Will you be joining us on our way?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2014, 05:13:29 am »

"I guess. I don't really have any other options at this point."

((Question, what do we all look like? Seanna - in my mind - looks just like a human girl with red hair, fox ears and a tail. What about everyone else?))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:33:34 am by Gamerlord »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2014, 05:27:22 am »

"I guess. I don't really have any other options at this point."

"I do hope you will find our company enjoyable, then! I suppose we can head out, then. When we come up with a good destination, that is. I wonder what help the priest needs with the crypts - couldn't hurt to find out, yes?"

((Nosegay, as I imagine him, looks like a shorter, dwarven-looking version of Joseph Grimaldi in his trademark costume.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54