Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 74695 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Casles and completed quests
« Reply #765 on: August 29, 2014, 03:16:29 am »

"Ooh. Quite interesting!"

Slice the earth a little bit with the dagger. Then swing it in the air away from anyone else.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : castles, corpses and crappy handwriting
« Reply #766 on: August 30, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

In a dark hallway
look through the door with the light shining around it. Be cautious

You cautiously open the door leading to the room with light some more and peer in. The room is very large, two large forges stand at either side of the room, the fires lighting up the entire room and the heat radiating from them hitting even from where you are. each forge has two large anvils next to them. The sounds you heard from the hallway were from the four dwarves who are hammering away on red hot metal.

You focus on the dwarves, their faces lit up by the forge's fire. They're panting, sweat dripping from them. They've got red eyes with dark rings under them, like they haven't slept in quite a while. Your eyes wander down, and you see that they're chained to to ground, two manacles affixed to their feet.

On the other side of the room is another door identical to this one, only closed completely.

Near castle arlcliffe
"Hello? Anyone present? I'm going in, watch my back Paddy."

Carefully creep into the entrance of the Castle.
Paddy nods and lets his hand fall onto the handle of his sword, following you closely. You carefully creep over to the entrance and enter the castle. Standing in the doorway, you take a good look inside. You find yourself looking at a large hall. Large pillars stand in parrallel rows leading to the other side. Large oaken doors sit closed in every wall. A large carpet, once probably scarlet red, now tattered and a reddish brown adorns the floor. torches hand from the pillars, their flames flickering  weakly and casting ominous shadows. A few old tables and chairs are also placed haphazardly around the room as well as quite a few bookshelves, the books and faded, along the walls. You could safely say that nobody has been in this castle for quite some time.

You could have said that, if it weren't for the corpse on the middle of the room, lying in a pool of blood.

Just outside of a certain hollow tree
"Hey Dave. Sup?"
Equip the lootz.
You try and make idle conversation with the angel you think you remember seeing before, but he simply bolts into the woods after Silak. Quite a feet for a man who is still hobbling and holding his gonads in pain.

You equip the pendant. Nothing immediatly changes, but you can feel the power radiating off it, pleasantly warming the skin where it rests against your body as if the sun was shining on it. You're pretty sure that the effect Silak told you about will manifest itself if you focus your will on a particular target.

"Ooh. Quite interesting!"

Slice the earth a little bit with the dagger. Then swing it in the air away from anyone else.
You grab the dagger, and take a few practice slices towards the ground. The dagger slices neat lines into the earth, not even getting dirt on the blade in the process. You turn away from your companions and swing the blade a few times. You don't feel the blade slicing the air, but with each swing the blade gets a very faint white-ish glow and you can hear a very soft popping sound, as if there were very tiny thunderclaps.

In an orc village
((sorry for my abrupt disappearance >.<))

Place the vial of infinite water under the roof of the well, filling it continuously.
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
You abruptly head out of the wisewoman's tent, and head towards the well. You pass a few orcs loitering around the village square as you do. You grab the pitcher and torn it upside down, jamming it upside down at the top of the well's little roof and attaching it with some rope. the water starts pouring out at a steady pace

You turn around to find the wisewoman looking at you, hand on her chin.

"I know of these pitchers, they are valuable and rare. And yet you would willingly aid us by putting it inside our well. Hmm. Perhaps you are the solution I have been hoping for after all. Our 'problem' has made its base in a cave not far from here. Head east from this village and you cannot possibly miss it. Remove our 'problem', and we will gladly lend our strength to the empire."

In an inn in an elven village
'Good, that's good to know. Now, let's just hope she's willing to betray her former captors.'
With one concern out of the way, Moskar Byal pondered how best to word his questions for the slave.
He paced back and forth across the small room on his side of the table, thinking it over for a moment.
"I undersstand your previous 'owner' wass a noble amongst the elves, yess? Tell me what he sspoke of, anything of interest you may have learned. Take your time, try and remember everything important." He pauses near the window, peering out through it a moment before adding, by way of encouragement, "Consider this your chance to get back at thosse who have mistreated you in the passt."

Begin to question the orc for information she may have gained from her previous owner.
Hopefully there's something juicy in there that actually warranted removing her tongue. Give her plenty of time to write her answers, and if she's struggling with language try and decipher what she means and offer suggestions.

Watch the view from the room's window.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

she frown hard in concentration for a while, quill hovering above the paper. Then she begins writing in sloppy handwriting, it's obvious she doesn't have much experience writing. It reads: "He look after guard, training and arm. Recruit best men, special work. Talk about secret project, from king. Build in city, couldn't see where. Room I was kept in only small window."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 30, 2014, 06:16:34 pm »

Focus on both my companions.
(I'm hoping for: And a soulless shell.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:45:00 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 30, 2014, 07:06:07 pm »

"Well, this is a fine day, I believe! We failed to help lovely Lady Loradove, but at least we have glimpsed into the amazing worlds beyond human comprehension and attained new and fascinating horizons. And also gotten a whole lot of rewards. So! Let us move on!"

Onward! Let us never return to that city again! Seek other places. Small towns. That kind of thing.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 30, 2014, 07:19:22 pm »

Walk out in the middle of them, make sure they can see me. When I am in the middle of the room, speak.

" I am the Cave Giant Ron Bones, former prisoner of your halls. I am of the dark, and I live in the dark. I see you are prisoners yourselves. I have no sympathy for you. I will free you, if you guide me out of this labyrinth. You accept, I free. You deny, I let you be. You hesitate, I kill. I am of the dark, fear of the stone. You free the dark, or toil... in the stone.

After this, begin walking to the other door. If someone speaks, stop and listen. If he agrees to guide me, free him. I don't care about the rest.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:49:30 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 30, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »

"Sounds good bro. Know where we can find some high quality healing magic? My exposed bones hurt like hell."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 30, 2014, 08:40:19 pm »

"Now this is interesting. Paddy, cover my back, I must investigate."

Check the corpse carefully. What is he/she wearing? Can I find investigation of their rank? What do they carry? What kind of wound(s) do they posses? Can I determine what sort of weapon or tool did the task? How fresh is the blood?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 30, 2014, 09:02:15 pm »

Start heading east from the village.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 31, 2014, 05:30:08 am »

"Sounds good bro. Know where we can find some high quality healing magic? My exposed bones hurt like hell."

"Not a clue! Let us wander until we find somebody sufficiently strange to help us!"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 31, 2014, 07:17:24 am »

"Fair enough. ONWARD!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 06, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »

((Terribly sorry about the delay. I kept getting distracted and I must have started this post 4 times over in the past 6 days or so. ))

On a road like many others
Focus on both my companions.
You focus on both of your companions, but nothing seems to really happen. It's only after quite a while that you notice that what you see is a sort of amalgamation of many slightly different forms of your companions. As if a thousand ever so slightly different forms of them are standing before you. If this is how this amulet works, you'll have a hard time figuring out the true nature of anything. Or maybe the lot of you are just special nutcases.

"Well, this is a fine day, I believe! We failed to help lovely Lady Loradove, but at least we have glimpsed into the amazing worlds beyond human comprehension and attained new and fascinating horizons. And also gotten a whole lot of rewards. So! Let us move on!"

Onward! Let us never return to that city again! Seek other places. Small towns. That kind of thing.
You lead your two companions forwards, stopping once a while as Seanna wanders off a bit. Finally you arrive in pleasant little village. The buildings in the village are built around the central church. The little square is bustling and alive with farmers and other assorted merchants selling their goods.

In a dwarven forge
Walk out in the middle of them, make sure they can see me. When I am in the middle of the room, speak.

" I am the Cave Giant Ron Bones, former prisoner of your halls. I am of the dark, and I live in the dark. I see you are prisoners yourselves. I have no sympathy for you. I will free you, if you guide me out of this labyrinth. You accept, I free. You deny, I let you be. You hesitate, I kill. I am of the dark, fear of the stone. You free the dark, or toil... in the stone.

After this, begin walking to the other door. If someone speaks, stop and listen. If he agrees to guide me, free him. I don't care about the rest.
You give your speech, trying to sound as menacing as possible. As you finish, you start walking towards the door. You've crossed about half of the room when one of the dwarves starts speaking.

"You are not of the dark, giant. Why do you speak such lies in the halls of my fathers? Regardless, feel free to continue on. You'll never make it beyond that door alive."

You turn around to look at the dwarf who spoke. He seems older than the rest of the ones who are in that room, his grey beard hanging in thick braids.

In castle arlcliffe
"Now this is interesting. Paddy, cover my back, I must investigate."

Check the corpse carefully. What is he/she wearing? Can I find investigation of their rank? What do they carry? What kind of wound(s) do they posses? Can I determine what sort of weapon or tool did the task? How fresh is the blood?
Paddy nods and you both move carefully towards the corpse. Coming nearer, you see that the man is wearing a simple brown robe. Long gashes have been torn into his body, three parellel each time. One of these gashes caught him in the side of the neck, you assume that that was the fatal one. The blood around him is still somewhat viscous and not completely dried up yet, but you can assume that he's been here a while. You rifle through his pockets, but find nothing. As you are rifling through his pockets, Paddy suddenly yells.

"The door! I saw something move!"

He starts to move, but the door simply slams shut. He runs up to it and tries to pull on the handle and kicking the door, but gives up after a bit and comes back to stand beside you.

"Damn, it won't budge. Like, it won't move at all."

After that, you turn the body ont it's back. You find a small sack underneath it. The sack is filled 6 metal..things. You can't for the life of you figure out what they're for. They're metal cylinders, but the tip is rounded of in a half dome. They're all identical and stand about 10 cm tall.

In the orc village
Start heading east from the village.
You turn on your heel and immediatly start heading east. After a brisk walk in the woods you come onto a clearing in the woods. There is a small pond and you can see the opening of a cave a bit further.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 06, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »

Look at a lowblood.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:50 am »

Into the square! Take in the atmosphere! Check if there is local entertainment present. Examine goods and farmers alike! How diseased are they, relatively speaking?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 07, 2014, 10:01:37 am »

"Then may your words... damn you all"

Continue forward
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:17:02 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 07, 2014, 04:21:25 pm »

Prepare a set-fire-on-things spell with the guitar. Keep on moving toward the cave.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54