Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No nether-cap?  (Read 4465 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No nether-cap?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:56 pm »

I'm not entire sure that even DFHack would work. You'd be able to place those trees, but the spores that make new trees are not something you have control over.
Actually, creating the spores is exactly what I was proposing, and DFHack is absolutely capable of doing that. Here's a Lua script which does it:

Code: [Select]
feat = df.global.world.cur_savegame.map_features[2]
num = #feat.feature.population
feat.feature.population:insert('#', { new = df.world_population, type = df.world_population_type.Tree, plant = dfhack.matinfo.find('PLANT:NETHER_CAP').index });
for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.populations) do if (j.population.cave_id == feat.layer and j.population.population_idx == num - 1) then df.global.world.populations:insert('#', { new = df.local_population, type = df.world_population_type.Tree, plant = dfhack.matinfo.find('PLANT:NETHER_CAP').index, population = {region_x = j.population.region_x, region_y = j.population.region_y, population_idx = num, cave_id = feat.layer, depth = feat.start_depth, unk_28 = -1 } } ) end end

Note that this assumes that the 3rd map feature in your embark is the 3rd cavern layer (e.g. if you type "feature list", then features 0-2 should all be "the cave" with type "subterranean_from_layer").

Also, artifact doors/floodgates are NOT immune to dragonfire - while artifacts cannot burn, they can definitely melt...

Artifacts can definitely burn, provided the material is flammable. I've used the effect to create goblin incinerators in the past.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 05:26:21 pm »

Also, artifact doors/floodgates are NOT immune to dragonfire - while artifacts cannot burn, they can definitely melt...

Artifacts can definitely burn, provided the material is flammable. I've used the effect to create goblin incinerators in the past.
Artifacts can catch fire, but they don't actually burn (i.e. take damage) - this is what makes them mostly indestructible.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 06:06:22 pm »

Ah, it was an issue of semantics, then.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 06:18:14 pm »

Then you need an artifact door that is made of wood, which does not have a liquid state.

(At least I don't think it does. Wood doesn't liquify, it decomposes thermally, much like aramid plastic. Artifacts cannot take damage from being on fire, so while the door will "catch fire", the dragon fire won't "melt" it-- it will just smoke what good.)

Edit-

Just looked in plant_standard.txt, wood only has a solid state defined, so it cannot melt or evaporate.
Wooden artifact floodgates and door should "survive" dragonfire.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:22:59 pm by wierd »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

Ah, thank you!

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:20 pm »

I'm not entire sure that even DFHack would work. You'd be able to place those trees, but the spores that make new trees are not something you have control over.
Actually, creating the spores is exactly what I was proposing, and DFHack is absolutely capable of doing that. Here's a Lua script which does it:

Code: [Select]
feat = df.global.world.cur_savegame.map_features[2]
num = #feat.feature.population
feat.feature.population:insert('#', { new = df.world_population, type = df.world_population_type.Tree, plant = dfhack.matinfo.find('PLANT:NETHER_CAP').index });
for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.populations) do if (j.population.cave_id == feat.layer and j.population.population_idx == num - 1) then df.global.world.populations:insert('#', { new = df.local_population, type = df.world_population_type.Tree, plant = dfhack.matinfo.find('PLANT:NETHER_CAP').index, population = {region_x = j.population.region_x, region_y = j.population.region_y, population_idx = num, cave_id = feat.layer, depth = feat.start_depth, unk_28 = -1 } } ) end end

Note that this assumes that the 3rd map feature in your embark is the 3rd cavern layer (e.g. if you type "feature list", then features 0-2 should all be "the cave" with type "subterranean_from_layer").

So to apply that script, I paste it into notepad, save it as a .lua, load my fort, and run it in DFhack with "lua -f [filename]"? It didn't give me an error or anything so I assume that worked?

Also, Feature 0 is "candy deposit" so I assume I should raise the '2' in your script, or else I'll be inserting them into cavern level 2?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:44:19 pm by WJLIII3 »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »

So to apply that script, I paste it into notepad, save it as a .lua, load my fort, and run it in DFhack with "lua -f [filename]"? It didn't give me an error or anything so I assume that worked?
Alternatively, run the "lua" command and then paste the script directly into the console, then type "quit" to exit out of Lua mode.

Also, Feature 0 is "candy deposit" so I assume I should raise the '2' in your script, or else I'll be inserting them into cavern level 2?
Unless you've modified your raws, the feature should be "raw adamantine deposit", but yes - if features #1, #2, and #3 are the caverns (subterranean_from_layer), then you'll want to use map_features[3].
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

Alternatively, run the "lua" command and then paste the script directly into the console, then type "quit" to exit out of Lua mode.

Unless you've modified your raws, the feature should be "raw adamantine deposit", but yes - if features #1, #2, and #3 are the caverns (subterranean_from_layer), then you'll want to use map_features[3].

Yeah of course it was, I was just being cute. Thanks Quietust! You continue to be totally justified in using Q as your avatar.

premetheas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:25 am »

I tried Google and searching this forums as much as I could but was unable to find anything that would help me figure out how to modify that script posted here to add featherwood tree spores to my surface. Any chance someone knows where to look or could give me the lua script for adding featherwood tree spores to the surface?
We need Metal Slimes as pets in DF.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 09:44:07 am »

Adding them to the surface is a bit different, since you'd be modifying the world region (i.e. biome) instead of a map feature. Unfortunately, my attempts to do so don't appear to be working properly.

premetheas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 02:27:39 am »

Awww darn, ok well elves have them for sale so I guess I can let them live five minutes.
We need Metal Slimes as pets in DF.
Pages: 1 [2]