Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Mainspring: Of Airships and Death: Airship Construction and Crew Sign-up Thread.  (Read 29153 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

AH, thank you, I was having trouble getting the pictures to work.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
CASTLE FLABORT IS COMPLETE!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

So how many of those engines have to be shot out to send it tumbling from the sky?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That thing has a higher cost for its ammunition that for one of his smaller ships in its entirety.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That thing has a higher cost for its ammunition that for one of his smaller ships in its entirety.
sigged

Edit: @Toaster: Shoot out 7 engines to reduce it to speed 2. Shoot out 10 more to reduce it to speed 1. 5 more should bring it to a standstill. That's 15 or less engines to be unable to move.
However, it won't tumble out of the sky if you don't destroy the hovercores. And it can still move... up to 10 spaces.... using the giant cannon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:47:01 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could just shoot the single Steam Heart on the underbelly, and watch as all the engines and hovercores cut out.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Sent in character. :) Hope it's ok.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could just shoot the single Steam Heart on the underbelly, and watch as all the engines and hovercores cut out.
Did he just unintentionally create a videogame boss?

I mean, it's a heavily armed aerial fortress with a single weakpoint on its underside...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did he just unintentionally create a videogame boss?

I mean, it's a heavily armed aerial fortress with a single weakpoint on its underside...
I think he did.
The Derail Thread

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do I now have a idea for the following Mainspring variant?:

-Two player rosters, one of them are "Players", the other one, "Bosses"
-Each round consists of a set number of Players going against one Boss with a set amount of lives.
-When the entire party dies, the next people on the waitlist replace them and their vessel(s)
-The round is over when the the Players run out of lives or when the Boss' vessel is destroyed, taken over or otherwise rendered inoperable.
-After each round, the Boss is replaced by the next one on the Boss roster even if they won that round.
-The budget for both rosters increase, with the losing roster getting a greater budget increase (within reason of course).

-The Players can have as many ships as they want, as long as it's within their budget. They get a bonus to dodging.
-Their ships must all be crewed by Player-controlled characters

-The Bosses can only have one ship but a much higher budget, it must select a weakness (such as an exposed hovercore). They get a bonus to damage.
-Their ships can have NPC mooks and units controlled by others in the Boss roster, with some drawback to balance out the addition of each Boss-controlled minion.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds cool, I may try that.
The Derail Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
CASTLE FLABORT IS COMPLETE!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
EKSBAWKS HUEG
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Also,
am I automatically entitled to creating the captain of the ship I made, or is captaincy decided by some other method?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, the hovercores are connected to the Cockpit through Control Connections, but they don't require power, according to the manual. So shooting out the power would just shut off the engines and ovens, it would still just come to a standstill. You'd still need to destroy the hovercores manually.

Still, wicked clever idea, and I should have put a redundant SH on the Base floor, connecting through the floor to the kitchen.
The Cyan Menace

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

any dex or agi melee weapon and the smae for a gun, but preferably a rifle thinh  and a sword thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Actually, the hovercores are connected to the Cockpit through Control Connections, but they don't require power, according to the manual. So shooting out the power would just shut off the engines and ovens, it would still just come to a standstill. You'd still need to destroy the hovercores manually.

Still, wicked clever idea, and I should have put a redundant SH on the Base floor, connecting through the floor to the kitchen.
No, no, put the hovercore in a location accessible only by flying through a long, narrow trench.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14