- 1 (5.9%)
Only show rolls for big things.
- 8 (47.1%)
Cheeseburgers!
- 2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 13, 2014, 08:34:34 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You Are The Resistance  (Read 6073 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: You Are The Resistance
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2014, 06:34:56 pm »

ptw
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2014, 08:34:00 pm »

April 9, 1940. 3:00 PM

You and the roughly 100 Norwegian men still left after the initial assault are camped in the woods. About 60 Germans are guarding the outskirts of town, currently unaware of your position (100 NR vs 60 GR) All the Norwegian's are listening carefully to their officers as they explain the plan, while the Germans are lazing off at their posts. (-2 to German rolls in first exchange) Then, you give the signal by firing your M1911 at the nearest German soldiers, burying a bullet in both of their chests (100 NR vs 58 GR) Your comrades open fire, (18+1+1 vs 16+1-2-1) downing six Germans (100 NR vs 52 GR) The German's retaliate, (18+1 vs 4+2+1) but do not hit anything, except, in a case of bad luck, one of their own who decided to charge with a bayonet. (100 NR vs 51 GR) You aim your pistol (16 vs 17+1), but the remaining Germans have taken cover by now, so you decide not to waste ammo. (18+2 vs 9+1) Your comrades rake the enemy positions with fire, killing 12, (18+1 vs 12+2+1) while the Germans continue to fail to hit anything. (100 NR vs 39 GR) (20! vs 15+1) You, in a feat of skill, chain 4 shots, before getting back into cover to reload. Meanwhile, (17+2 vs 2+1) your comrades continue the mop up, killing 16. (14) The remaining Germans were about to retaliate, when suddenly, you see a Panzer rolling down Main Street. You swear you can see the German's smirking down there. You take cover as the Panzer takes aim and... explodes? Then you remember: you ordered a squad to sneak into the mine and plant the explosives on the enemy vehicles. (17) A single German, apparently overwhelmed by all this, throws down his weapons and retreats into the village center. (18+1 vs 10+3) The German fire continues to be completely ineffective. (100 NR vs 18 GR (8 vs 8+1) You take a shot at the closest German and miss, hitting a nearby house. (20! vs 1!) Your comrades clear out the rest of the guards with gratuitous head shots. You move through the village, sweeping every building room-by-room, before announcing it clear, having captured about 10. You meet up with the sabotage squad, (1) or what remains of them. There was only one survivor, the squad leader, who was in the last building cleared. He bled out not that long after they found him. It came at a cost, but the village has been retaken. The real question is, what next?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:45:21 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2014, 09:11:43 pm »

Have the men gather up weapons  as you give a rousing speech and try to get the locals to join you.
(giving any one that join you a weapon, hide the rest)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »

Gather everything, expeshally german weaponry and ammo. Look for officers, loot them. See if we cant find some trucks to fill with the spoils.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 12:03:43 am »

And now, I have decided to finally post an explanation of how rolls actually work. There are two types of combat: Fights, and Battles. A fight is combat between two individuals or small groups. The rolls work like this (To Hit (Effected by Accuracy(5 is Average, Every Point of accuracy adds a 50% chance to get a +1 to Hit)  vs Dodge. If To Hit > Dodge, Defender must roll Soak to see how bad damage is. Soak is effected positively by Protection for that Body Part, and Negatively by Damage. A battle is a combat between two large groups. The rolls work like this (To Hit vs Dodge. If To Hit is X Higher then Dodge, kill X number of Defenders.) Battles are important because large chunks of land and large armies can be decimated in a single battle, changing the course of the war tremendously.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 06:53:24 am »

Look for (relatively) undamaged German uniforms that can be repaired and utilized in false flag operation.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 10:28:56 am »

April 9, 1940. 3:00 PM

The troops begin to gather up weapons, finding about 40 K98ks, with about 2000 rounds of Mauser ammo. They also find 9 officers, each one carrying a Luger, and around 40 rounds of 9mm. You also find 15 uniforms in good condition, 2 of which are officer's uniforms. Finally, you give an inspiring speech to people of the village, trying to recruit them to come with you "Um, yeah, you should come with us, because... we're gonna kill nazis?" Amazingly, about 15 young, fit men step forward. Then, as an afterthought, one of the soldiers says "The rest of you should probably go to the refugee camp, they'll be coming back." You find 4 German trucks, all empty. "Must've unloaded them when they got here. Thought they'd be staying," says one of the nearby soldiers with a grin.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:33:31 am by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 10:40:56 am »

Load the ammo(in boxes) and weapons on one truck, uniforms and leftover explosives in another, and everyone else on the last two trucks. Search the town beforehand, just make sure we didn't miss anything that was in those trucks.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 11:28:00 am »

Status and Encyclopedia Updated.

EDIT: What do you do with your prisoners?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:42:27 am by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 11:49:14 am »

I say we just interrogate the officers, then either take them to a place to hold them prisoner which I don't recommend or out take them out back and remove them for the situation permanently.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 12:43:29 pm »

We should keep fighting by the rules of war, there our prisoners and should be treated as such.
Check them for hidden weapons, get there names ranks and numbers, then march then north.

Killing them is a war crime, that changes us from a Privileged combatant in to a Unprivileged combatant that can be freely shot as a spy.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 01:33:38 pm »

We already took Axis uniforms to use later on (war crime), and the Nazis weren't exactly known for abiding by the laws of warfare ;)

Interrogate, torture if necessary, then dispose of the bodies - preferrably by sinking them in a lake wrapped in chicken wire and loaded down with a few stones, not by burying them where they'll be found later on.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 02:34:30 pm »

Who says we are keeping the uniforms?

Oh, and try to grab everyone's IDs off the dead.

As for the prisoners, take them with us.

I say we try to get to Sweden and give them the tags and POWs.
After interrogation.

And yes, load up everything.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »

April 9, 1940. 5:00 PM

You begin searching the rest of the town to make sure you didn't miss anything. When you check the Panzer II, you get lucky. The MG 34 was salvageable, and after about 30 minutes of work, you manage to turn it into a man portable LMG. A Sergeant with some basic training with machine guns steps up, and you give it to him. (Entry Added under Weapons) You check the trucks to make sure they're really empty, and find the following: The first had 2 K98ks and 50 rounds of Mauser ammo. The second was empty, but the third was a goldmine. Two crates of 100 Stielhandgranates each. And the final truck contained 20 MP40s, with 1000 rounds of 9mm in boxes. After being amazed by the lucky finds, you make a point of asking the men who searched the trucks the first time, "How did you miss this?" You also check the houses, and don't find anything. You head back to the millitary camp, after loading all your guns into one truck, the explosives (25 sticks of dynamite, 200 stick grenades) in another truck along with the uniforms, and then load the prisoners in one truck, the civilians another, and march with the soldiers back to camp. Once there, you manage to get a brief map of German positions by interrogating them. (Map Added in Encyclopedia, eventually) What next?

Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2014, 04:04:41 pm »

Let's distribute the grenades among the regular Army soldiers, first off. After that, let's see if we can get the volunteers to at least resemble soldiers, by getting them armed and finding them some spare or salvaged uniforms, so they shouldn't be shot out of hand. It might happen anyway, but at least it should make everyone feel better, in that they're soldiers, and subject to the Geneva Conventions (I know, the germans ignored that, but they didn't ignore it all the time, and our guys don't know they ignored it at all), instead of "partisan scum".
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5